This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

About this "Turn Over" move..

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. About this "Turn Over" move..
2 years ago#1
Are Baton Pass teams screwed?
---
I hate everything.
2 years ago#2
Possibly, but if its signature move, you could predict it too easily.

How many people do you see using Psych Up, Clear Smog, and such...
2 years ago#3
It's a gimmick move but I see a few advantages. If it has access to a high special attack and high speed you could see:

Nasty plot/calm mind
Insert sweep move
Insert sweep move
Turn over

Double battles paired with someone using super power could be awesome.

Which could be a potential worry for things using swords dance, barrier etc. which you could get a calm mind etc off. Goes without saying once you use nasty plot or calm mind you wouldnt want to use turn over.

This is all just a guess and if his defense is a wet noodle it could put holes in your plan. There is potential but just not alot. We won't know till some stats are shown.

Me personally, I love using a Pokemon that scares off booster Pokemon.
---
Currently playing Animal Crossing: New Leaf --- Looking forward to Pokemon X&Y
3DS FC: 3368-1267-5146
2 years ago#4
Unless you guys have info I don't, we don't even know how this move will work yet. Does it target yourself, your opponent, or both? Will it continue to effect future stat changes, sort of like a trick room effect, or will it just activate once whenever you use it. If you use it twice, will the reversals re-reverse?

These could all effect how useful the move could be in combat.

Personally, I like the trick room effect idea, paired with some moves like Overheat or Leaf Storm.
---
There's nothing that sucks worse that that moment in an argument when you realize that you are wrong.
2 years ago#5
If the move only affects the user that would be pretty pointless considering it already gets contrary. I'm thinking it will reverse the opponents stat changes.
---
Support the Megatokyo Visual Novel Game Kickstarter.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fredrin/megatokyo-visual-novel-game
2 years ago#6
It should make desserts.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
Dictator of the Zelda Wii U Board
2 years ago#7
If it reverses stat changes on the opponent...I can see it trolling baton passers. Especially if the move isn't single-pokemon exclusive.
2 years ago#8
oponent: Shell Smash
You: Swich into Turn Over user
oponent: Shell Smash
You: Turn Over

There pokemon is now a brick.
2 years ago#9
Maybe now that there is a very powerful counter to it, Contrary Victini could become a thing.

*crosses fingers*
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
Dictator of the Zelda Wii U Board
2 years ago#10
You could use it together with Victini in doubles, Victini would use V-create and Malimar would use the move on it. Meanwhile Malimar would get accuracy boost from Victory Star.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. About this "Turn Over" move..

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived