This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

About this "Turn Over" move..

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. About this "Turn Over" move..
3 years ago#1
Are Baton Pass teams screwed?
I hate everything.
3 years ago#2
Possibly, but if its signature move, you could predict it too easily.

How many people do you see using Psych Up, Clear Smog, and such...
3 years ago#3
It's a gimmick move but I see a few advantages. If it has access to a high special attack and high speed you could see:

Nasty plot/calm mind
Insert sweep move
Insert sweep move
Turn over

Double battles paired with someone using super power could be awesome.

Which could be a potential worry for things using swords dance, barrier etc. which you could get a calm mind etc off. Goes without saying once you use nasty plot or calm mind you wouldnt want to use turn over.

This is all just a guess and if his defense is a wet noodle it could put holes in your plan. There is potential but just not alot. We won't know till some stats are shown.

Me personally, I love using a Pokemon that scares off booster Pokemon.
Currently playing Animal Crossing: New Leaf --- Looking forward to Pokemon X&Y
3DS FC: 3368-1267-5146
3 years ago#4
Unless you guys have info I don't, we don't even know how this move will work yet. Does it target yourself, your opponent, or both? Will it continue to effect future stat changes, sort of like a trick room effect, or will it just activate once whenever you use it. If you use it twice, will the reversals re-reverse?

These could all effect how useful the move could be in combat.

Personally, I like the trick room effect idea, paired with some moves like Overheat or Leaf Storm.
There's nothing that sucks worse that that moment in an argument when you realize that you are wrong.
3 years ago#5
If the move only affects the user that would be pretty pointless considering it already gets contrary. I'm thinking it will reverse the opponents stat changes.
Support the Megatokyo Visual Novel Game Kickstarter.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fredrin/megatokyo-visual-novel-game
3 years ago#6
It should make desserts.
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
Dictator of the Zelda Wii U Board
3 years ago#7
If it reverses stat changes on the opponent...I can see it trolling baton passers. Especially if the move isn't single-pokemon exclusive.
3 years ago#8
oponent: Shell Smash
You: Swich into Turn Over user
oponent: Shell Smash
You: Turn Over

There pokemon is now a brick.
3 years ago#9
Maybe now that there is a very powerful counter to it, Contrary Victini could become a thing.

*crosses fingers*
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
Dictator of the Zelda Wii U Board
3 years ago#10
You could use it together with Victini in doubles, Victini would use V-create and Malimar would use the move on it. Meanwhile Malimar would get accuracy boost from Victory Star.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. About this "Turn Over" move..

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived