This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you like yveltal and xerneas's types?

#11RikkettikPosted 7/11/2013 10:19:22 AM
Xerneas as a Fairy type feels contrived. I wonder if it was designed with the fairy type in mind or if the designers just needed a legendary to promote the new fairy type after it was announced and decided Xerneas looked more fairy-like than Yveltal.
#12RPCShadowclawPosted 7/11/2013 10:22:44 AM
vchu8 posted...
I was hoping Xerneas was going to be Fairy/Grass, with Yveltal being Dark/Flying, so that they would both have super effective stab against one another. Yveltal filled the role I expected, but I'm disappointed at Xerneas's lack of a grass subtype.
#13zombiabsol(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2013 10:22:48 AM
"more fairy like"

its a deer.

with sword shaped legs.

either way i approve of the fairy type on xerneas.

fairy as a type can be used to describe mystic legends or beings in pokemon. like guardian spirits, which xerneas seems to actually be.

plus it defeats the fairy types are girly thing. xerneas doesnt look girly to me.
---
LOL, peace out Defense Of Marriage Act, you wont be missed...at all
Xbox one or ps4? vote: http://www.xboxonevspsfour.com/
#14P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 7/11/2013 10:23:59 AM
vchu8 posted...
I was hoping Xerneas was going to be Fairy/Grass, with Yveltal being Dark/Flying, so that they would both have super effective stab against one another. Yveltal filled the role I expected, but I'm disappointed at Xerneas's lack of a grass subtype.

This, but I'm fine with Xerneas being pure Fairy
---
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
#15Thepenguinking2Posted 7/11/2013 10:25:30 AM
I think I'm going to go on a complete overreaction...
OH MY GOSH YVELTAL IS DARK/FLING OMG YES YES YVELTAL IS PERFECT AND I LOVE IT SO MUCH YES YES YES I LOVE IT YES OMG OMG I WANTED HM TO BE ONE YES OMG I WILL GET Y DEFINITELY YES YES YES GEN 6 WILL BE MY FAVORITE GEN BY FAR BECAUSE YVELTAL IS DARK/FLYING OMG OMG I LOVE EVERYTHING THANK YOU GAME FREAK!
Oh, and xerneas's is pretty cool too...
---
Mentions of Zangoose since 6/27/2013 as of this post: 31
Official Shadow Zangoose of the X board and Salamence of PGD!
#16zombiabsol(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2013 10:26:42 AM
so far 5 people are Cray Cray
---
LOL, peace out Defense Of Marriage Act, you wont be missed...at all
Xbox one or ps4? vote: http://www.xboxonevspsfour.com/