This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Could Geo Control be a dual typed move?

#1LazorFistPosted 7/11/2013 12:50:03 PM
As you all know, Geo Control is the signature move of the Fairy typed Xerneas. Geo Control seems to most likely be a Fairy typed move judging by Xerneas' type but judging by the very wording of the move it is implied the attack integrates another element such as Ground. The very accurate Pokebeach leaker hints at moves like this. Could this mean Geo Control is actually a new Fairy/Ground type move? The same could be applied to Yveltal's Death Wing attack which shows hints of being a Dark/Flying type move.
#2FuneralCakePosted 7/11/2013 12:50:55 PM
Maybe. Maybe not.
---
THAT'S MISS FUNERAL CAKE TO YOU
love me like it's prom night
#3Joebot800Posted 7/11/2013 12:56:41 PM
LazorFist posted...
As you all know, Geo Control is the signature move of the Fairy typed Xerneas. Geo Control seems to most likely be a Fairy typed move judging by Xerneas' type but judging by the very wording of the move it is implied the attack integrates another element such as Ground. The very accurate Pokebeach leaker hints at moves like this. Could this mean Geo Control is actually a new Fairy/Ground type move? The same could be applied to Yveltal's Death Wing attack which shows hints of being a Dark/Flying type move.

Yes, because fire punch is a fire/fighting attack. I don't think dual type attacks will happen.
#4Peachrules14Posted 7/11/2013 12:56:52 PM
The way that dual type moves works is not how Pokebeach bluntly put it. If it's a fairy type move, and had ground as the damage doing type against a pokemon such as Zekrom (Dragon/Electric), it would not do x6 damage factoring in dual weaknesses and STAB. It would get the 1.5x STAB for Fairy, but deal damage as a Ground type attack. It would be about 3.5x.
---
3DS Code:1332-7829-1699
#5SirPikachuPosted 7/11/2013 2:27:04 PM
Peachrules14 posted...
The way that dual type moves works is not how Pokebeach bluntly put it. If it's a fairy type move, and had ground as the damage doing type against a pokemon such as Zekrom (Dragon/Electric), it would not do x6 damage factoring in dual weaknesses and STAB. It would get the 1.5x STAB for Fairy, but deal damage as a Ground type attack. It would be about 3.5x.

that first part would be OP and confusing.
#6mehmetskiPosted 7/11/2013 2:28:00 PM
vital throws name in german is "geo wurf" (geo throw) and it isnt a ground move either.
---
Xerneas, the gay-pride Pokemon
#7jayman7Posted 7/11/2013 2:33:53 PM(edited)
Peachrules14 posted...

How many times to I have to explain that this is a pointless system? This is a pointless system. The move you describe is not dual-type. It is Ground. The end. Oh, but the wrong type gets STAB, which doesn't even freaking matter if Xerneas is the only thing to learn it!!! It may as well just be 150% as strong as it currently is and pure Ground-type if it works the way you say - it would be no different.

We don't know how dualtype attacks work. At. All. Pokebeach's leak (which is proved more and more true every time GameFreak reveals something) said they exist, but no details were given. Pokebeach thinks it might be "deals different type damage under different circumstances", which I would accept, only this would be nothing new (Hidden Power? Weather Ball? Judgment?) Another thing I'd accept is the move being two hits, one of each type. Admittedly, I don't think there's any other system I'd like.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#8mehmetskiPosted 7/11/2013 2:33:46 PM
jayman7 posted...
Peachrules14 posted...

How many times to I have to explain that this is a pointless system? This is a pointless system. The move you describe is not dual-type. It is Ground. The end. Oh, but the wrong type gets STAB, which doesn't even freaking matter if Xerneas is the only thing to learn it!!! It may as well just be 150% as strong as it currently is and pure Ground-type if it works the way you say - it would be no different.

We don't know how dualtype attacks work. At. All. Pokebeach's leak (which is proved more and more true every time GameFreak reveals something) said they exist, but no details were given. Pokebeach thinks it might be "deals different type damage under different circumstances", which I would accept, only this would be nothing new (Hidden Power? Weather Ball? Judgment?)

nature gift, nature power...
---
Xerneas, the gay-pride Pokemon
#9jayman7Posted 7/11/2013 2:34:16 PM
mehmetski posted...
jayman7 posted...
Peachrules14 posted...

We don't know how dualtype attacks work. At. All. Pokebeach's leak (which is proved more and more true every time GameFreak reveals something) said they exist, but no details were given. Pokebeach thinks it might be "deals different type damage under different circumstances", which I would accept, only this would be nothing new (Hidden Power? Weather Ball? Judgment?)

nature gift, nature power...

It wasn't an exhaustive list.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#10RethalwolfPosted 7/11/2013 2:37:25 PM
Perhaps it will simply do one type or the other, depending on which is more effective.
---
"The point of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the enemy die for his."