This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

There needs to be a new emphasis on double/triple/rotation battles this time.

#1Noctus3Posted 7/11/2013 2:24:00 PM
And Sky battles. So much potential but everyone sticks to the same ole singles. I do it just as we'll, so for this next gen, I will try out these meta games.

Isn't anyone curious as to why people don't seem to care about these? It's basically something new since you really dont see a good competitive base and quality matches in these genre.
---
**** you SE for trolling us with that TWEWY port. I hate you.
#2Noctus3(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2013 2:28:08 PM
Bump.
---
#3JoJoX200Posted 7/11/2013 2:33:44 PM
All those modes require teams specialized for them(and not singles) to be efficient. Singles is the only format outside of VGC that garantees you'll find opponents. AND simulators don't support some of these modes to boot, which in turn lessens their impact as many CPers turn to simulators for battling.

That said, I'd really love it if Rotations got a boost in player base. Fighting the PWT opponents grows dull after a while even with multiple teams... And even when I like it way more than singles.

Maybe changing up the VGC mode would help?
#4NessEggmanPosted 7/11/2013 2:35:14 PM
I love Double/Triple... Rotation is... IDK, I'm not a fan.

But yeah, I am so bored of Singles and I really would like if the competitive scene started to steer toward doubles... but uh... I really doubt it won't.
---
"Earth is a silly place. Half the world has no clean water. And the other half has so much, they poo in it."
3DS FC: 2750 1911 5515
#5Noctus3(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2013 2:35:44 PM
How do you mean specialized? They need to have e same synergy as a single oriented team would, and trick room and other 'weathers' would inhabit it just as well, but a lot of viable pokes wouldn't do good in doubles that shine in singles.
---
#6P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 7/11/2013 2:35:52 PM
Love doubles, love rotations, triple battles are...decent.
---
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
#7JoJoX200Posted 7/11/2013 2:41:56 PM
Noctus3 posted...
How do you mean specialized? They need to have e same synergy as a single oriented team would, and trick room and other 'weathers' would inhabit it just as well, but a lot of viable pokes wouldn't do good in doubles that shine in singles.

Maybe it's just me, but I have little to no success walking into a triple/double battle with a singles team. On the other hand, the same occurs when I walk into a single battle with a triples team. Some things just don't work well in one mode or another. Doubles pretty much needs Protect or EQ becomes a suicide tool, triples the same, Rotations really just needs a singles team with good synergy(no hazards tough) and several setup pokemon.

What influences me the most in what I said is most likely the fact that I use Trick Room and Gravity teams exclusively in modes that are not singles. In my mind, they only work in those modes.
#8Noctus3(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2013 2:45:20 PM
JoJoX200 posted...
Noctus3 posted...

Maybe it's just me, but I have little to no success walking into a triple/double battle with a singles team. On the other hand, the same occurs when I walk into a single battle with a triples team. Some things just don't work well in one mode or another. Doubles pretty much needs Protect or EQ becomes a suicide tool, triples the same, Rotations really just needs a singles team with good synergy(no hazards tough) and several setup pokemon.

What influences me the most in what I said is most likely the fact that I use Trick Room and Gravity teams exclusively in modes that are not singles. In my mind, they only work in those modes.

I see what you mean. It hasn't been explored in depth to know all of the nooks and crannies. It will have some typical staples as any style of battle and pokes that only do well in it.

It just needs some more exploring.
---
#9wind64aPosted 7/11/2013 2:50:04 PM
VGC is a doubles tournament T_T. Gamefreak puts a competitive emphasis on doubles, it's just that people making simulators stick to the far more imbalanced singles battles. Why is a good question, since it doesn't really help at all with the official tournaments.
---
Badge Case [Time Badge]
StrifeHart is my OTP. services performed at BSC: 2 Riley's Boyfriend on the Pokemon BW2 & X boards. W1 FC: 4170 0917 6393
#10Holy_OblivionPosted 7/11/2013 3:01:35 PM
I stick to triples and rotations. Never did a single battle online in gen 5.
---
Visit my youtube page for game and anime vlogs, and plenty of other stuff:
http://www.youtube.com/user/BaoZakeruga?show_guided_help=1