This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

DLC - Yay or Nay?

#1SomeLikeItHothPosted 7/11/2013 2:40:27 PM
Would you want the "biggest scoop of the century" to be DLC? - Results (61 votes)
Yay.
29.51% (18 votes)
Nay.
70.49% (43 votes)
This poll is now closed.
In case you don't know, DLC = Downloadable Content. You're basically paying for more content after the game has already been released. Sort of like an expansion.

Edit @ 11:53: The teaser for next month's CoroCoro issue, due for release on August 12th 2013, is said that the magazine will contain the biggest scoop of the century. We'll provide details on that next month

I for one would love DLC. Imagine if they added other regions, like Kanto or Johto.
---
Number of users that like it hoth: 289
Number of users that don't like it hoth: 111
#2P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 7/11/2013 2:43:10 PM
Situational yes. If it could have been included on release day, then that's dirty. If it's something that would be released after the games have been out for a while, and were created post-launch, then yes, I would consider buying DLC.
---
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
#3-hotdogturtle--Posted 7/11/2013 2:46:29 PM
You're basically paying for more content after the game has already been released.

No, I prefer the free DLC that Nintendo typically provides. No need to force you to pay for something just to conform to "industry standards" if they're fine with giving it out for free.
---
Hey man, LlamaGuy did encrypt the passwords.
With what? ROT-13? -CJayC
#4Arne83Posted 7/11/2013 2:48:42 PM
-hotdogturtle-- posted...
You're basically paying for more content after the game has already been released.

No, I prefer the free DLC that Nintendo typically provides. No need to force you to pay for something just to conform to "industry standards" if they're fine with giving it out for free.

In other words, you don't think developers should be paid for their work.
---
More of a Pokemon fan than TherianReturns will ever be.
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals..." - Agent K.
#5DarkRoad06Posted 7/11/2013 2:52:33 PM
I swear whats wrong with these people on this forum? Look at how many votes for 'Nay' why in the a** would you not want DLC? People are weird and they pick the weirdest tjings in this board.
#6M4nnimalPosted 7/11/2013 2:53:58 PM
I would probably pay for MC customization stuff, so yes.
---
"We thirsted for thunderbolts and great deeds."
#7-hotdogturtle--Posted 7/11/2013 2:54:09 PM
In other words, you don't think developers should be paid for their work.

No, I'm saying that Nintendo has offered DLC for many games in the past, and some people say that it doesn't "count" for whatever reason, or that it's not as good as DLC in non-Nintendo games, just because it's free. I'm just pointing out that it has happened before, because some people seem to deny its existence.
---
Hey man, LlamaGuy did encrypt the passwords.
With what? ROT-13? -CJayC
#8P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 7/11/2013 2:57:16 PM
DarkRoad06 posted...
I swear whats wrong with these people on this forum? Look at how many votes for 'Nay' why in the a** would you not want DLC? People are weird and they pick the weirdest tjings in this board.

Because a lot of the time DLC is a moneygrub, and doesn't offer much for its price.
---
#9DarkRoad06Posted 7/11/2013 3:05:29 PM
P0k3m0nWaRR10R8 posted...
DarkRoad06 posted...

Because a lot of the time DLC is a moneygrub, and doesn't offer much for its price.

However that's not entirely true it all depends on how good they make it say if they make the normal 150+ pokemon and release another additional 15 through DLC how many people are going to buy it? Probably most of them.
#10P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 7/11/2013 3:08:06 PM(edited)
DarkRoad06 posted...
P0k3m0nWaRR10R8 posted...
DarkRoad06 posted...

However that's not entirely true it all depends on how good they make it say if they make the normal 150+ pokemon and release another additional 15 through DLC how many people are going to buy it? Probably most of them.

That's very true, which is why in my first post I said it was a situational yes. If they're releasing new pokemon, I guess that's alright, but if it's something bad that could've been in the game on release day, then that's not ok.
---