This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Competitive usage of Legendary Pokemon...

#1JustSnillocPosted 7/11/2013 7:44:10 PM
Mmkay, so I've been "Anti-Legendary" for years and years now... However, slowly but surely I'm seeing and trying to adapt to the idea that legendaries are used alongside regular pokemon competitively. You see, the truth is that I've never really been an active part of the competitive metagame so some things I just don't get, but legendaries just seem set apart not meant for normal teams.

idk, anyone else feel the same? Anybody have a "dude people use legendaries all the time" for me? lol

PS: If there's any confusion, by legendaries I'm referring to the one of a kind, can't be bred special pokemon that are usually found via special circumstances (e.g. Articuno, Moltres, Zapdos, Mew, Mewtwo, Suicune, etc.)
---
~~~ The Lost King ~~~ http://justsnilloc.proboards.com/
~~~~ 0====[[::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::x::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::}}====0 ~~~~
#2H-L-WPosted 7/11/2013 7:52:27 PM
You're not alone man, I never use legendaries in any of my regular teams. I've only used them once on a team I prepared for the VGCs. They're great when you want to assure victories against others, as most people tend to have at least 1 on their team anyway. Think of it as evening the grounds.
---
Pokemon Black Version FC: 1506 5124 1112
Pokemon Black Version 2 FC: 1636 2111 7801
#3erekwashere15Posted 7/11/2013 7:53:03 PM
I feel that Legendaries are like bringing a shotgun to a fist fight.

Which is ironic as my most used Showdown team contains a Legendary...
---
Winner of ares9090's Slaking Award
Official Scrafty and Barry of the B/W 2 Boards
#4mada7Posted 7/11/2013 7:53:38 PM
Some are used regularly alongside other non-legendary pokemon but other have stats that are quite simply too high to use with regular pokemon. A team with pokemon like Arceus, Rayquaza, Mewtwo, or Kyogre would be way more powerful and difficult to beat than a team without them so they need to be isolated otherwise the competitive scene becomes only those pokemon because they tower over their competition
---
Wall-Mart the place you go when you just got to meat a true moron -Lord of Phendrana
Pokemon Black FC = 3396 8733 5419
#5Genericgamer667Posted 7/11/2013 7:53:52 PM
being legendary alone means nothing in power

psuedo-legendaries actually have higher stats than legendary trio pokemon
---
3DS FC: 4940-5445-8767
It is a remake, not my fault you people think ports are remakes (but only on Nintendo systems)-Demondog666 on Kid Icarus Uprising