This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So Genaives Wanna Call People Genwunners

#11Razieru(Topic Creator)Posted 7/12/2013 1:14:06 AM(edited)
jayman7 posted...
And here's the part genwunners constantly overlook: it's two sixth-gen Pokemon

And Genaives like to harp and blindly praise every glistening and shiny new detail they scan their eyeballs across too - when most of the time the details are vague or run-of the mill. They hastily and blindly mark it with a stamp of approval anyway.

Ironically, you can brand Genaives for being so....naive about the same things you're spanking the "Genwunners" over.

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
---> OUT OF TWENTY-FIVE <---
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

^ Cute.

If you tell me that one Pokemon ruins the sixth gen for you, then we are not going to ever be able to see eye-to-eye.

Well, there's also the issue of DS quality graphics they CHOSE to go with as well, along with this generation ultimately being the same broken record concept since the beginning of the franchise's time, despite the few trivial and expanded (doubt there's anything that's actually new) features ripped from past games (like the PSS, which is nothing more than an EXPANDED online feature, when online features existed since FOURTH gen).

And given the "ideas" so far for Pokemon, I think it's safe to say they should have stopped with this "make MORE Pokemon" idiocy way back in fourth gen at least. If they even think of a BRIGHT way to swiftly trade over 700 of these monsters back and fourth for starters, without it taking up my entire day, that would be a true start for these "next gen games".

Because in the past, even though they slightly improved the speed of trading Pokemon, it's still sluggish as hell, because I have to see a pointless animation of Pokemon swapping, and you still can only trade six Pokemon at a time, when there's NOW well over 700. Let them improve THIS first, before making anymore damn Pokemon and features to begin with, then we can say these games truly have the potential to bring something to the table.

Tl;dr version: Improve the farces in features, mainly key ones, that already exist FIRST, before piling on potentially more just because they look and sound good.

Besides, there are first-gens I like about as much as Peropuff. That doesn't mean that the first gen is 100% suckage and nothing good came out of it, which is the way genwunners act.

That's not "Genwunners" behavior, and I'm sure you're just exaggerating there. Sure, people may be vocal about how stupid and utterly uncreative these Pokemon have been getting since FIFTH gen, but that doesn't mean they deserve such a hilarious label.

And yes, I'm responding seriously to what is probably just a troll. Oh well.

Now you were coming of intelligent at first. Don't blow it with this dull response. The problem with Genaives is that they focus so hard on scouting every comment/complaint against their favorite gen as trolling or asinine, like their understanding.

These "Genwunners", as you brand them, aren't doing nothing more than voicing their sincerest thoughts on a franchise that's been re-ran, and that they've experienced again and again even before these Genaives were even born probably.

They are the veterans, and Genaives are doing nothing more than adding credibility to the silly claim of, "You can learn a lot from us" when they flail about rampantly every time someone voices a perpendicular opinion on what they drool over; yet Genaives are supposed to be so educated in their claims, and all things current to these "old timers".
---
Suspension of Disbelief = EVERY Fan Boy
#12SephirothtPosted 7/12/2013 1:17:35 AM
I've been around since the very beginning and imo, Gen 1 has just as much bad Pokemon as Gen 5. Maybe even more.
---
Officially faved Ninetales everywhere, R - Burning Knight Executive
http://pokefarm.org/_ext/user/Sephi#0
#13bd43Posted 7/12/2013 1:33:14 AM
Let's start with the obvious. You saw, basically, a word basically made into an adjective using a common prefix and the words and tried to concoct your own word. You come off as foolish doing so. Worse yet, it's not a good word or clever or wise, as you make an assumption that all of these people praising the games - As blindly as you may call it - are new or related to the new gens. Some people who started with Red and Blue are content with the new stuff .

Razieru posted...
They hastily and blindly mark it with a stamp of approval anyway

Reading is good. He was hardly approving everything. Instead, he preached quality in quantity.

Clear sign that you should have cited a different post. He claims a valid point and all you have is a tangent or a tangent of a tangent.

along with this generation ultimately being the same broken record concept

A respectable opinion provided you realize that they can't go too far from the formula anyway.

given the "ideas" so far for Pokemon, I think it's safe to say they should have stop with this "make MORE Pokemon"

No one liked every 151 gen 1 pokemon more so than every pokemon that came in gen 4, or 5, or even 6. Respect, maybe, but there's nothing wrong with more if the properly use them. They won't, but hey, it's respectable.

Because in the past, even though they slightly improved the speed of trading Pokemon, it's still sluggish as hell, because I have to see a pointless animation of Pokemon swapping, and you still can only trade six Pokemon at a time, when there's NOW well over 700. Let them improve THIS first, before making anymore damn Pokemon and features to begin with, then we can say these games truly have the potential to bring something to the table.

Trading isn't meant to be the prime way of obtaining pokemon. Money grubbing or not, they really only expect you to trade between paired games for those pokemon and to fill out each dex with each mon avaiable in that game. A speedy transfer isn't exactly necessary if they handle a REAL issue, which is including a realistic percentage of the available pokemon in the game.

That's not "Genwunners" behavior, and I'm sure you're just exaggerating there. Sure, people may be vocal about how stupid and utterly uncreative these Pokemon have been getting since FIFTH gen, but that doesn't mean they deserve such a hilarious label.

If you don't like the designs, stop playing the game. You can say that shouldn't be the answer - but it should. Series, popular ones, develop. If you don't like how they develop, you leave. If you are an adult, you can watch from afar and be happy or content if it swerves back into the realm of something you'd play. But otherwise, if it's selling and it left you behind, you have to be the adult and realize that.
---
Thinking is overrated. Like Pants.
#14Razieru(Topic Creator)Posted 7/12/2013 2:06:49 AM
bd43 posted...
Let's start with the obvious. You saw, basically, a word basically made into an adjective using a common prefix and the words and tried to concoct your own word.

Ugh, Einstein, way to read sarcasm. I see you're one of those "brainy" types that love to talk and type a whole lot of nothing; usually using big words to make you seem wiser than you really are. Thanks for making that so obvious.

You come off as foolish doing so.

Coming from the genius who couldn't even detect my obvious sarcastic response to this "Genwunners" everyone was strutting around with, that's nothing more than a misplaced insult, dear.

Worse yet, it's not a good word or clever or wise, as you make an assumption that all of these people praising the games - As blindly as you may call it - are new or related to the new gens.

Oh, but its okay for you and your kind to go around assuming these "Genwunners" are old timers who are too ignorant and old to grasp the concept of this new gen you all naively praise? Einstein, you're trying too hard - it still amounts to the usual double standards and hypocrisies you all love to waddle in.

Reading is good. He was hardly approving everything. Instead, he preached quality in quantity.

Proof reading is even better. Try it, before letting your critical thinker go into overload on what you perceive, especially when you fail to pick up on sarcasm to begin with.

Clear sign that you should have cited a different post. He claims a valid point and all you have is a tangent or a tangent of a tangent.

We're discussing Pokemon, not mathematical terms. I like how the "wise" try and come off smarter than they really are because they can use "big" words redundantly.

Of course you would think he's the only one with valid points. As I said, proof reading is even better. Try it, if you even bothered to properly apply it to what you vaguely scanned in my post, darling.

Trading isn't meant to be the prime way of obtaining pokemon.

Okay, now we know you're only playing the Einstein card here with this poorly crafted claim. "Gotta catch 'em all." How the hell aren't you going to LEGITIMATELY do so, genius? Try to remember back when trading was the only method, because it still IS. That's a good start for you.

Money grubbing or not, they really only expect you to trade between paired games for those pokemon and to fill out each dex with each mon avaiable in that game. A speedy transfer isn't exactly necessary if they handle a REAL issue, which is including a realistic percentage of the available pokemon in the game.

So by your "brainy" logic, it isn't necessary for them to improve trading speeds with over 700 Pokemon solely based on a hunk of Pokemon (not ALL 700), that they will always only supply in each of the games?

Have you actually traded even one Pokemon to know what you're saying exactly? It doesn't matter how many are in the game, the overall experience shouldn't have so many limits, like being only able to trade six at a time. Let's also not forget to factor in plenty of other reason people trade, which isn't just to fill up old Pokedexter.
---
#15Razieru(Topic Creator)Posted 7/12/2013 2:09:37 AM
If you don't like the designs, stop playing the game.

Okay, typical pacifier level response of "Waah, you object to what I drool over."

Gotcha.

You can say that shouldn't be the answer - but it should.

Kid, instead of trying to lecture and command a complete stranger over the interwebz to your bidding, just because he gave you an eye sore with his posts, talk to someone that will actually take your wailing seriously.

Series, popular ones, develop.

Ignorance is bliss? I bet you think anything that acts as an advertising vehicle for the next generation of something is truly developing. And you tried to come off SO wise in the beginning.

If you don't like how they develop, you leave.

Here's a Kleenex, kiddo. Now, go whine to your compatriots who'll welcome your infantile drivel with open arms.

If you are an adult,

Clearly only one of us is. Can you guess who?

you can watch from afar and be happy or content if it swerves back into the realm of something you'd play.

Ah, typical harping of fan service - rife with belligerence and arse hurt ranting. Mature up, and learn the concept of criticism instead of childishly shooing it away, kiddo.

But otherwise, if it's selling and it left you behind, you have to be the adult and realize that.

You also have to be an adult and comprehend the concept of perpendicular approaches to what you drool so savagely over. Be big man enough to realize that everyone won't paint a pretty picture of Flabebes for you to swoon at with their views on what you think is a gold nugget.

You can actually learn something by listening, instead of flailing about aimlessly like some disgruntled babe because the image of your precious Pikachu has been shattered by mere perpendicular views.
---