This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

It's not actually the biggest news of the century

#11-hotdogturtle--Posted 7/11/2013 11:47:03 PM
You can't know this for sure unless you already know what the announcement is.

How do you know that's it's not bigger than any major world events from the past 13 years?
---
Hey man, LlamaGuy did encrypt the passwords.
With what? ROT-13? -CJayC
#12Probit_ReturnPosted 7/15/2013 3:54:39 AM
bobstevens23123 posted...
yoshirulezz posted...
bobstevens23123 posted...
Idk why anyone would actually believe that. Go look up what a hyperbole is.

gosh darnit, I really thought this would be the best news ever since 1913. Oh well thanks for reminding me TC.

1913? Where did u get that number from? The current century started in 2000 not 1913. If u don't even know that much then u r one of the people my topic addresses

This is a bit of a nitpick in actuality, but a major sticking point for me (admittedly, my mind won't allow me to just let it go. I'm kinda crazy like that), but the current century actually started in 2001. There is no "year 0" AD (it goes 1 BC to 1 AD), so if the current century started in 2000, that would mean that one century within AD would have only 99 years (because it would be weird to consider 1 BC part of the AD calender, which is what designates when to mark decades, centuries, etc in modern times). Again, nitpick in reality, major annoyance for me, so I have to mention it.

As for the "Biggest scoop of the century" thing, considering how much time is left in the century, of course it's not going to be the biggest scoop of the century. It might be big, and it might be the biggest scoop yet (darn it, I need to quit adding an H in there! I'm not spelling school!) but there's plenty of time for them to top it, even in regards to this generation of Pokemon games. Reminds me of when films coming out in February and March are promoted as "the biggest movie of the year". Gets a nice chuckle out of me.
---
Hinako danced crazy
#13RyanDaRaikouPosted 7/15/2013 4:10:57 AM
what are you talking about?
---
I am Raikou,hear me ROAR, rawr :3
3DS Friend Code: 1306-5532-2535 PSN: doggy5000
#14javel34Posted 7/15/2013 4:19:11 AM
And if it actually is:

Pokemon have been bred into existence to combat the US secretive NSA program, save the economy, reverse global warming, and ressurect bin laden so that minun may deliver the killing blow. Also they totally get Javel34 a date with the smoking hot Emma Stone.

I think that's some pretty big news of this century.
---
Black 2 FC: 3569 1730 6208 http://zettai-cosplay.deviantart.com/art/Skyla-Cosplay-244148531 my wife. Doesn't count Tiger, this ones real.
#15Wynters387Posted 7/15/2013 4:42:09 AM
javel34 posted...
And if it actually is:

Pokemon have been bred into existence to combat the US secretive NSA program, save the economy, reverse global warming, and ressurect bin laden so that minun may deliver the killing blow. Also they totally get Javel34 a date with the smoking hot Emma Stone.

How about the government announces the creation of the first fembots that look, act, sound, and feel like Emma Stone?
#16javel34Posted 7/15/2013 5:22:52 AM
Wynters387 posted...
javel34 posted...
And if it actually is:

How about the government announces the creation of the first fembots that look, act, sound, and feel like Emma Stone?

I can only hope scientists are working out the glitches right now.
---
Black 2 FC: 3569 1730 6208 http://zettai-cosplay.deviantart.com/art/Skyla-Cosplay-244148531 my wife. Doesn't count Tiger, this ones real.
#17pokemonfreak97Posted 7/15/2013 5:51:59 AM
-hotdogturtle-- posted...
You can't know this for sure unless you already know what the announcement is.

How do you know that's it's not bigger than any major world events from the past 13 years?

Because if anything about Pokemon is more historically important than the 9/11 terrorist attacks, something is seriously wrong.
---
Generation (pi)(i).
When you see this, raise e to the generation and add 1. Social experiment.
#18TruePowerSeekerPosted 7/15/2013 5:56:35 AM
What if they announce that every pre-order will come with a Xerneas/Yveltal shaped peep?

Then would that be the biggest news of the century?

Thought so.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZomwVcGt0LE&feature=player_detailpage#t=64s
---
http://tinyurl.com/ck8fqvn
#19Wynters387Posted 7/15/2013 5:59:01 AM
TruePowerSeeker posted...
What if they announce that every pre-order will come with a Xerneas/Yveltal shaped peep?

Then would that be the biggest news of the century?

Thought so.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZomwVcGt0LE&feature=player_detailpage#t=64s

Just one peep?