This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does anyone else feel that Generation V was rushed?

#1Biased_GamerPosted 7/12/2013 12:19:14 AM
I know I do… I even hoped that Gamefreak would give it a few more years to give me more time to get back into the franchise after not touching my Diamond and Platinum games for a long time (yes, I don't have more recent games. I want to, but because of the economy, my mom finding me a job opening is not easy!).

Oh well, at least this way I'll finally be able to play online (…and yes, I have a wireless network of which DS games don't support… I fail at life. -_-')… BTW, yay!! =D
---
Not changing the top sig until a new Gotcha Force video game is announced. (7/11/2013)
Official AncientGreymon of nowhere accepted.
#2X_Ayumi_XPosted 7/12/2013 12:20:31 AM
Gen V seemed more um... developed storywise to me.
I really liked the way they went with it and the vibe it gave.
---
GT: Ayumi Spender ~~~~~~~~~~ PS0: 4597 9585 4793
Only talk to me when I order you to.
#3Long_BottomPosted 7/12/2013 12:25:46 AM
Yes, I honestly forgot it happened.

Like I would think the last regional rodent was Bidoof, instead of Patrat.

And yesterday I literally posted a list that went "... Swellow, Staraptor, Talonflame"... completely leaving out Unfeazant.
---
The One4U Alliance - Support gaming! End console wars!
#4Rad_DudesmanPosted 7/12/2013 12:31:00 AM
Not really, no
---
The official rad dude of the Pokemon X board.
#5FinalFantazyv2Posted 7/12/2013 12:33:50 AM
The economy is not that bad you can find jobs anywhere these days. I refuse to believe you can't get a fast food job somewhere. Mommy shouldn't be doing the work either you should be out finding and applying for your own job. That's what it means to be an adult. Show some iniative your missing out on good Pokemon games. Black and white were easily my favorite. Before that gold/silver/crystal were the best.
---
Oh. Well. Alright.
#6kclaujamesPosted 7/12/2013 1:13:16 AM
You are saying almost the same thing I said in another topic.
#7MyNameIsNotJenPosted 7/12/2013 1:15:53 AM
Nope. They took four years making Gen V, the best main-series game story-wise. You might be feeling this since a lot of the Pokemon introduced in that Gen were forgettable?
---
Yeah in the club it's getting ugly I don't care can't nobody stop the fire let 'em haters sit and stare
#8wurmtokenPosted 7/12/2013 1:22:03 AM
It's because of the timing. Gen 5 started really soon after the HG/SS remakes and gen 6 was announced soon after B2W2 came out. Plus because BW had sequels instead of reworks (like Platinum/Emerald/Crystal etc) this generation stayed "fresh" much longer.
#9Biased_Gamer(Topic Creator)Posted 7/12/2013 1:24:41 AM
MyNameIsNotJen posted...
Nope. They took four years making Gen V, the best main-series game story-wise. You might be feeling this since a lot of the Pokemon introduced in that Gen were forgettable?

Actually, I have Pokédex 3D on my N3DS right now (which is actually the thing I've been using on GameFAQs Message Board thus entire time)! ^_^ But it's good to know that there are some people that are concerned about n00bs like me. :)
---
Not changing the top sig until a new Gotcha Force video game is announced. (7/11/2013)
Official AncientGreymon of nowhere accepted.
#10LexifoxPosted 7/12/2013 1:26:32 AM
I don't think that it was rushed. The characters are the most developed, the story is the most extensive, and the world itself is just fleshed out. Game Freak accomplished a lot in the generation. The only reason Gen 5 would feel rushed is that Gen 6 is coming out already.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod