This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does anyone else feel that Generation V was rushed?

#11jimmyjones69Posted 7/12/2013 1:33:33 AM
Lexifox posted...
I don't think that it was rushed. The characters are the most developed, the story is the most extensive, and the world itself is just fleshed out. Game Freak accomplished a lot in the generation. The only reason Gen 5 would feel rushed is that Gen 6 is coming out already.

Pretty much this. I had my doubts about Gen 5 at first but it eventually grew onto me. Black 2/White 2 were awesome and added something I have wanted for years in a Pokemon game (PWT). X and Y are gonna be awesome and I look forward to adventuring in a new region.
---
Pokemon Black Friend Code: 4900-1573-3223
#12SephirothtPosted 7/12/2013 1:38:43 AM
jimmyjones69 posted...
Lexifox posted...
I don't think that it was rushed. The characters are the most developed, the story is the most extensive, and the world itself is just fleshed out. Game Freak accomplished a lot in the generation. The only reason Gen 5 would feel rushed is that Gen 6 is coming out already.

Pretty much this. I had my doubts about Gen 5 at first but it eventually grew onto me. Black 2/White 2 were awesome and added something I have wanted for years in a Pokemon game (PWT). X and Y are gonna be awesome and I look forward to adventuring in a new region.

Agreed
---
Officially faved Ninetales everywhere, R - Burning Knight Executive
http://pokefarm.org/_ext/user/Sephi#0
#13gamermasterwizPosted 7/12/2013 1:45:35 AM
No....just because the second new gen was released on the same console doesn't mean that its rushed. I think Nintendo just wanted to make more use of NDS' graphics before going onto X&Y.

But I did feel like GameFreak found their job of making B/W easy since it was an entirely new game on its own. Not linked to Gen 4 games(D/P/Pt and HG/SS) so they don't need to do any rebalancing of stats and other features (no new evolve forms introduced, can't be connected to Gen 4 games, etc).
---
Gen IV FC: 2536-3829-5092
Gen V FC: 0819-4243-0361 PSN: blueink8
#14MyNameIsNotJenPosted 7/12/2013 1:51:15 AM
gamermasterwiz posted...
No....just because the second new gen was released on the same console doesn't mean that its rushed. I think Nintendo just wanted to make more use of NDS' graphics before going onto X&Y.

But I did feel like GameFreak found their job of making B/W easy since it was an entirely new game on its own. Not linked to Gen 4 games(D/P/Pt and HG/SS) so they don't need to do any rebalancing of stats and other features (no new evolve forms introduced, can't be connected to Gen 4 games, etc).

Gen V can connect to Gen IV games :)
---
Yeah in the club it's getting ugly I don't care can't nobody stop the fire let 'em haters sit and stare
#15gamermasterwizPosted 7/12/2013 2:49:34 AM
MyNameIsNotJen posted...
gamermasterwiz posted...

Gen V can connect to Gen IV games :)

Yeah but you can't trade and battle with people who own Gen IV games. That's what I meant :-x
---
Gen IV FC: 2536-3829-5092
Gen V FC: 0819-4243-0361 PSN: blueink8
#16ExcIusivity69Posted 7/14/2013 7:16:11 PM
Gen III was painfully long when you compare it to gen 5, so maybe that's why.
---
When did "casual player" become an insult? -Taizuku
The real question is "When did hardcore gamer become a compliment/aspiration?" -JMBoote
#17Firelion6593Posted 7/14/2013 7:20:40 PM
There were three years between Gens IV and V, and there'll be three years between Gens V and VI.

The thing is that since this is a worldwide simultaneous release, we're getting the Gen VI games about six months earlier than we normally would.
---
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.
#18SPDShadowRangerPosted 7/14/2013 9:06:34 PM
Funny thing is that outside of Japan Generation 1 was "rushed" because by the time RBY came out GSC were probably like halfway done. I think the only reason people see this as rushed is because we've had a game every year for a while now.

Firelion6593 posted...
There were three years between Gens IV and V, and there'll be three years between Gens V and VI.

4 between 4 and 5
#19Ari917Posted 7/14/2013 9:18:51 PM
Lexifox posted...

---
Official Wyvern Lord of the Awakening Board
#20Skul_Posted 7/14/2013 9:25:05 PM
Biased_Gamer posted...
my mom finding me a job opening is not easy!

wat

Biased_Gamer posted...
yes, I have a wireless network of which DS games don't support

what
---
"Only a heathen would bring a gun to a sword fight."
"Only a moron would bring a sword to a gun fight."