This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does anyone else feel that Generation V was rushed?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Does anyone else feel that Generation V was rushed?

User Info: jimmyjones69

jimmyjones69
3 years ago#11
Lexifox posted...
I don't think that it was rushed. The characters are the most developed, the story is the most extensive, and the world itself is just fleshed out. Game Freak accomplished a lot in the generation. The only reason Gen 5 would feel rushed is that Gen 6 is coming out already.

Pretty much this. I had my doubts about Gen 5 at first but it eventually grew onto me. Black 2/White 2 were awesome and added something I have wanted for years in a Pokemon game (PWT). X and Y are gonna be awesome and I look forward to adventuring in a new region.
Pokemon Black Friend Code: 4900-1573-3223

User Info: Sephirotht

Sephirotht
3 years ago#12
jimmyjones69 posted...
Lexifox posted...
I don't think that it was rushed. The characters are the most developed, the story is the most extensive, and the world itself is just fleshed out. Game Freak accomplished a lot in the generation. The only reason Gen 5 would feel rushed is that Gen 6 is coming out already.

Pretty much this. I had my doubts about Gen 5 at first but it eventually grew onto me. Black 2/White 2 were awesome and added something I have wanted for years in a Pokemon game (PWT). X and Y are gonna be awesome and I look forward to adventuring in a new region.

Agreed
Officially faved Ninetales everywhere, R - Burning Knight Executive
http://pokefarm.org/_ext/user/Sephi#0

User Info: gamermasterwiz

gamermasterwiz
3 years ago#13
No....just because the second new gen was released on the same console doesn't mean that its rushed. I think Nintendo just wanted to make more use of NDS' graphics before going onto X&Y.

But I did feel like GameFreak found their job of making B/W easy since it was an entirely new game on its own. Not linked to Gen 4 games(D/P/Pt and HG/SS) so they don't need to do any rebalancing of stats and other features (no new evolve forms introduced, can't be connected to Gen 4 games, etc).
Gen IV FC: 2536-3829-5092
Gen V FC: 0819-4243-0361 PSN: blueink8

User Info: MyNameIsNotJen

MyNameIsNotJen
3 years ago#14
gamermasterwiz posted...
No....just because the second new gen was released on the same console doesn't mean that its rushed. I think Nintendo just wanted to make more use of NDS' graphics before going onto X&Y.

But I did feel like GameFreak found their job of making B/W easy since it was an entirely new game on its own. Not linked to Gen 4 games(D/P/Pt and HG/SS) so they don't need to do any rebalancing of stats and other features (no new evolve forms introduced, can't be connected to Gen 4 games, etc).

Gen V can connect to Gen IV games :)
Yeah in the club it's getting ugly I don't care can't nobody stop the fire let 'em haters sit and stare

User Info: gamermasterwiz

gamermasterwiz
3 years ago#15
MyNameIsNotJen posted...
gamermasterwiz posted...

Gen V can connect to Gen IV games :)

Yeah but you can't trade and battle with people who own Gen IV games. That's what I meant :-x
Gen IV FC: 2536-3829-5092
Gen V FC: 0819-4243-0361 PSN: blueink8

User Info: ExcIusivity69

ExcIusivity69
3 years ago#16
Gen III was painfully long when you compare it to gen 5, so maybe that's why.
When did "casual player" become an insult? -Taizuku
The real question is "When did hardcore gamer become a compliment/aspiration?" -JMBoote

User Info: Firelion6593

Firelion6593
3 years ago#17
There were three years between Gens IV and V, and there'll be three years between Gens V and VI.

The thing is that since this is a worldwide simultaneous release, we're getting the Gen VI games about six months earlier than we normally would.
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.

User Info: SPDShadowRanger

SPDShadowRanger
3 years ago#18
Funny thing is that outside of Japan Generation 1 was "rushed" because by the time RBY came out GSC were probably like halfway done. I think the only reason people see this as rushed is because we've had a game every year for a while now.

Firelion6593 posted...
There were three years between Gens IV and V, and there'll be three years between Gens V and VI.

4 between 4 and 5

User Info: Ari917

Ari917
3 years ago#19
Lexifox posted...
Official Wyvern Lord of the Awakening Board

User Info: Skul_

Skul_
3 years ago#20
Biased_Gamer posted...
my mom finding me a job opening is not easy!

wat

Biased_Gamer posted...
yes, I have a wireless network of which DS games don't support

what
"Only a heathen would bring a gun to a sword fight."
"Only a moron would bring a sword to a gun fight."
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Does anyone else feel that Generation V was rushed?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived