This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does anyone else feel that Generation V was rushed?

#31Biased_Gamer(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2013 11:47:17 PM
EJW posted...
Rushed?

Gen 1 to Gen 2: 1996-1999 (3 years)

Gen 2 to Gen 3: 1999-2002 (3 years)

Gen 3 to Gen 4: 2002-2006(4 years)

Gen 4 to Gen 5: 2006-2010 (4 years)

Gen 5 to Gen 6: 2010-2013 (3 years)

Not really.

Thanks mang. :) I thought it was around 7 years. …Don't look at me, blame the internet!
---
Not changing the top sig until a new Gotcha Force video game is announced. (7/11/2013)
Official AncientGreymon of nowhere accepted.
#32CyD13Posted 7/15/2013 1:08:38 AM
I'm growing up, which is why gen 5 feels like its still brand new to me. The fact that its 3 years old is mind boggling, and I was 19 when Black/White was released.

Gen 6 will probably seem even shorter to me when gen 7 comes out. The older you get, the faster things go by you it seems.
---
Posted using GameFlux
#33Zero97Posted 7/15/2013 1:43:47 AM
The only difference is that Gen 5 didn't get a Remake of an old game :p
---
3DS: 0173-1416-4513
NNID: Zero97
#34Tatakai-No-KamiPosted 7/15/2013 1:48:59 AM
Lexifox posted...
I don't think that it was rushed. The characters are the most developed, the story is the most extensive, and the world itself is just fleshed out. Game Freak accomplished a lot in the generation. The only reason Gen 5 would feel rushed is that Gen 6 is coming out already.

if they spent that much time working on everything else, it could have been better.

they went too far with the "plot" without realizing that pokemon is about battling and not plot
---
the official BAT DRAGON of the pokemon X/Y boards
#35Zero97Posted 7/15/2013 1:57:14 AM
Tatakai-No-Kami posted...
Lexifox posted...
I don't think that it was rushed. The characters are the most developed, the story is the most extensive, and the world itself is just fleshed out. Game Freak accomplished a lot in the generation. The only reason Gen 5 would feel rushed is that Gen 6 is coming out already.

if they spent that much time working on everything else, it could have been better.

they went too far with the "plot" without realizing that pokemon is about battling and not plot

what's wrong with the battling?

and I loved the plot, want more like it in Gen6, twists and stuff.
---
3DS: 0173-1416-4513
NNID: Zero97
#36LeoAlephPosted 7/16/2013 11:06:50 PM
B/W? No B2/W2? Yeah... a bit. I was a tad miffed that there weren't any new pokemon...And that I couldn't get me a Pikachu/Raichu. >8(
#37kito-efilPosted 7/16/2013 11:24:02 PM
MyNameIsNotJen posted...
Nope. They took four years making Gen V, the best main-series game story-wise. You might be feeling this since a lot of the Pokemon introduced in that Gen were forgettable?

I agree. the story was a lot better than in previous gens for example this time we didn't have the showdown with N and Ghestis the plasma leaders till after elite 4 and we don't fight Alder till post game. where as in the past its like oh hey gym 7 yeah ok legendary now to sleep through gym 8 and kick the E4 and champions butts for fun.

but the pokemon... well they were really forgettable I mean honestly Ive been playing pokemon my entire life, I can remember every single pokemon from gen I through gen IV but gen V? maybe 1/3 or 1/2 of them I can remember off the top of my head and the rest ill know them if I see them but cant name them whatsoever off the top of my head.
---
Stop teaching kids if you're happy and you know it! ...It hurts timmy the T-rex's feelings when he cant clap like the other kids...
#38MetaCyclonePosted 7/16/2013 11:34:41 PM
Gen 5 could've been a whole lot better, but the story concept from the anime was good.

The games however, weren't as great. There was random broken wifi, musicial mini game that was extremely weak, and a watered down BS, and the region was rather not impressive.

What saved the games for me was PWT, but due to lack of competition, it lasted a month.

I havent played B/W for 4 months now and dont miss it. I'm just waiting to hear if backwards capability is confirmed or not, so I can debate to either trading in both to buy Y or wait until transferring pokes
---
Looking forward on ditching pokemon B & W for X & Y.
http://extremeadvertisements.com/advertising/22875-picture < AGGRON
#39abcDSBTPosted 7/16/2013 11:48:08 PM
Rushed as in "They moved on to Gen 6 too soon"? Yeah. I mean, what, the only Gen V games we got were Black/White, their sequels, Rumble Blast, and Gates to Infinity, IIRC. Pokedex 3D Pro, its more of an app.

Rushed as in content-wise? No way in hell. Awesome story, amazing visuals, and tons of great (and some not so great) Pokemon.
---
That light at the end of the tunnel might be a train.
3DS FC: 1977-0538-5534
#40Biased_Gamer(Topic Creator)Posted 7/17/2013 1:22:08 AM
kito-efil posted...
MyNameIsNotJen posted...
Nope. They took four years making Gen V, the best main-series game story-wise. You might be feeling this since a lot of the Pokemon introduced in that Gen were forgettable?

I agree. the story was a lot better than in previous gens for example this time we didn't have the showdown with N and Ghestis the plasma leaders till after elite 4 and we don't fight Alder till post game. where as in the past its like oh hey gym 7 yeah ok legendary now to sleep through gym 8 and kick the E4 and champions butts for fun.

but the pokemon... well they were really forgettable I mean honestly Ive been playing pokemon my entire life, I can remember every single pokemon from gen I through gen IV but gen V? maybe 1/3 or 1/2 of them I can remember off the top of my head and the rest ill know them if I see them but cant name them whatsoever off the top of my head.

Almost seems like they didn't care about the Pokemon that Generation... Or the one before that for that matter... <_<'
---
Not changing the top sig until a new Gotcha Force video game is announced. (7/11/2013)
Official AncientGreymon of nowhere accepted.