This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are we gonna do the whole formula from previous games again?

#11kakashik99992Posted 7/12/2013 10:51:34 AM
Because we don't want that crap we want a new pokemon traditional game with new elements and graphics the sales prove that
---
My pokemon run http://thepunchlineismachismo.com/archives/150
#12LightningHawk90Posted 7/12/2013 10:52:42 AM
rupok93 posted...
FuneralCake posted...
Yep.

If you don't like it, don't play it.

Thats real nice. Cause I can't criticize anything right?

I was hoping since this was game on a whole different system they would change the formula around. I guess I was hoping too much.

She's 100% right. If you don't like it, don't play. There's no reason to come here and complain to people who don't want to hear it.
---
Hi. I'm RageKaiser. I'm here to ruin your unfunny topics.
#13rupok93(Topic Creator)Posted 7/12/2013 11:35:22 AM
RageKaiser posted...
rupok93 posted...
FuneralCake posted...
Yep.

I was hoping since this was game on a whole different system they would change the formula around. I guess I was hoping too much.

She's 100% right. If you don't like it, don't play. There's no reason to come here and complain to people who don't want to hear it.

Why cause only fanboys can post on gamefaqs?
How about you don't post on this thread if you can't deal with an opinion?
I am just as much a pokemon fan as anyone else and want the series to be fun but playing the same set out linear storyline is boring and got stale, thats one of the reasons I didn't buy the previous pokemon games.
#14FuneralCakePosted 7/12/2013 11:39:07 AM
Actually, not buying the game is the best way to show your disapproval, and to hopefully get the developers to notice they're doing something wrong. Your power as a consumer is much more potent than your post on a message board.

That said, your purchase won't matter to them one way or the other. It's just a drop in the ocean.
---
THAT'S MISS FUNERAL CAKE TO YOU
love me like it's prom night
#15erekwashere15Posted 7/12/2013 11:45:16 AM
rupok93 posted...
RageKaiser posted...
rupok93 posted...
FuneralCake posted...
Yep.

Why cause only fanboys can post on gamefaqs?
How about you don't post on this thread if you can't deal with an opinion?
I am just as much a pokemon fan as anyone else and want the series to be fun but playing the same set out linear storyline is boring and got stale, thats one of the reasons I didn't buy the previous pokemon games.

If you didn't buy the previous games and you complain about the formula, how are you "just as much a pokemon fan as anyone else"?
---
Winner of ares9090's Slaking Award
Official Scrafty and Barry of the B/W 2 Boards
#16pyrotempestwingPosted 7/12/2013 11:49:20 AM
Black and White... kinda sorta shook it up towards the end, but it's nothing to write home about.
---
FC's: B1: Lexi 2365-9525-1918; B2: Misaki 4213-1809-7119 3DS FC: Thomas 5069-4431-9392
Official Combat Pragmatist of Real Life.
#17Arne83Posted 7/12/2013 11:57:17 AM
FuneralCake posted...
Actually, not buying the game is the best way to show your disapproval, and to hopefully get the developers to notice they're doing something wrong. Your power as a consumer is much more potent than your post on a message board.

That said, your purchase won't matter to them one way or the other. It's just a drop in the ocean.

All of the this. B******* about it on GameFAQs and gonna solve anything... all that's gonna do is make you have to deal with people who don't agree with you. The best thing you can do is just not buy the game.

But it's gonna sell a bajilion copies anyway, so you're just gonna have to deal with it.
---
More of a Pokemon fan than TherianReturns will ever be.
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals..." - Agent K.
#18FenriLokiPosted 7/12/2013 11:58:24 AM
rupok93 posted...
Cause honestly I am getting tired of the same crap.

Get started pokemon from some new prof
Beat gyms
Beat some new generic team
beat elite 4

Why can't they do an original story like Colosseum with different type of characters?

Yes, wonderful Colosseum. Which was then copied by XD. Even the Big Bad reveal was the same.

And yes, none of the games ever mixed it up. Except for the last four games that mixed it up completely (as far as convention goes).

And before you whine that it's still the same,

ONLY gen V pokemon were initially avaliable in B/W (Change)

You did not beat the Elite 4 as part of the main story (Change)

Moving Pokemon Sprites (Change, though I would admit it's more of an evolution)

Story Initially more Gray (Though becomes far-less-so as you progress, though Ghetsis may be one of the most intentionally despicable villians in the series.)

Forced to capture your legendary in B/W

Literal Pokemon fusion in B2/W2

Breeding locked out until post-game in B2/W2

...Fairy-type? You know. That thing that'll change the metagame?

Those are the changes we have gotten thus far (and probably not the only ones). If you don't like them, that doesn't mean they aren't changes. Plus, I would think one of the defining points of a franchise like this one would be the ability to add new content and functions, while still keeping the core gameplay the same. If the gameplay bothers you so much, but you still purchase it, you're sending the message: "I paid money for this product" which speaks more than you just saying "I dislike this product". It doesn't matter if you don't like it; they still got money, so they'll sell it because, well, it'll sell.

As for me, I have no problems with the series or the directions it's taking. Or not taking. Whatever your opinion is.

tl;dr, Change is change, whether one admits it or not, and don't buy it if you don't like the gameplay. Simple as that.
---
The official Megami Tensei Art Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board. Why? Why not? Because. Maybe. Exactly. My hair is bigger than you.
#19Firelion6593Posted 7/12/2013 12:12:13 PM
The formula hasn't changed over five generations and seventeen years on three separate systems (counting GB/GBC as one system here) and twenty one (!) games (counting Red/Green/Blue/Yellow from Japan). Why would they change it now when Pokemon is literally the second best-selling video game franchise of all time? Including spin-offs, but they DO change the formula IMMENSELY (Mystery Dungeon, Ranger, Conquest, etc.
---
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.