This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If Dual-typed attacks are real...

#1Meta289Posted 7/12/2013 1:42:36 PM
Then I really hope that they work like a two-hit move, where the first hit is one type, and then the second hit is another type, or the type of the move changes based on the conditions that it is used under. Having attacks that hit with two types simultaneously is too much. It shouldn't take more than 3-5 seconds to figure out how an attack will affect an opponent.
---
R.I.P. Pokemon Cycle
Fact: Things are so much better when taken at face value.
#2jayman7Posted 7/12/2013 1:44:54 PM
Thank you. This is the best solution that isn't game-breaking, pointless, or already implemented in the fifth gen that I've ever seen anyone come up with, even if it isn't the first time I've seen it.

I was cringing for having to explain why the off-STAB nonsense sucks again.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#3SOLDIER_BankaiPosted 7/12/2013 1:47:14 PM
I'd laugh if a Ground/Ice move was still useless against Flying-Types. Same with any Fighting or Normal mix against Ghost, or Electric against Ground.

That is of course, if they work that way. As many have already said though, I'm hoping that isn't the case.
#4RemixV4Posted 7/12/2013 1:51:14 PM
What about something like Tri-Attack?
---
The heart is shaken more by a single action than a thousand words.
#5jayman7Posted 7/12/2013 1:52:12 PM
RemixV4 posted...

What do you mean? At present, Tri-Attack is Normal-type that deals one Normal-type hit.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#6SpinKirbyPosted 7/12/2013 1:52:27 PM
RemixV4 posted...

The game crashes.

What about Freezeshock?

I don't know how that wasn't a dual-type move.
#7SOLDIER_BankaiPosted 7/12/2013 1:53:05 PM
SOLDIER_Bankai posted...
I'd laugh if a Ground/Ice move was still useless against Flying-Types. Same with any Fighting or Normal mix against Ghost, or Electric against Ground.

That is of course, if they work that way. As many have already said though, I'm hoping that isn't the case.

Bah, I forgot Poison mixes against Steel.
#8RemixV4Posted 7/12/2013 2:01:57 PM
jayman7 posted...
RemixV4 posted...

What do you mean? At present, Tri-Attack is Normal-type that deals one Normal-type hit.

Its animations have always been that it fires beams of Fire, Ice and Electric properties. It would be interesting if they changed it to a 3 hit attack that used all 3 elements for damage instead of just potential status effects.
---
The heart is shaken more by a single action than a thousand words.
#9master_gamr1231Posted 7/12/2013 2:05:19 PM
SOLDIER_Bankai posted...
SOLDIER_Bankai posted...

Bah, I forgot Poison mixes against Steel.

And Psychic against Dark. And Dragon against Fairy. And Ghost against Normal
---
Why do people... betray one another? They might as well... all just die instead.
Welcome to my kingdom!
#10Octaivian_RexPosted 7/12/2013 4:11:03 PM
The leak said a few dual type attacks. For all we know they end up like the pledges or as uber legendary exclusive moves.
---
http://picasion.com/resize70/8cd5a09ffb091458e8b25ab5cf41c108.gif