This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Theories on the new gym types?

#31trenchhawgPosted 7/13/2013 1:26:44 AM
FuneralCake posted...
Based on these screenshots...

http://www.pokemonxy.com/_ui/img/_en/screenshots/july_p05_02.jpg
http://www.pokemonxy.com/_ui/img/_en/screenshots/july_p05_04.jpg

Grant will be a Rock type gym leader and Clemont will be an Electric type gym leader.

Grant is clearly similar to granite, his badge looks like rocks, and the background is brown. Clemont has a yellow background, indicating Electric.

How have none of you mentioned that Grant has Gems in his hair? Obviously ties him to rock, even without the name pun.

the badge symbol behind Clemont looks like a light emitting pizza. :s I hope he has a tesla coil in his gym.
#32The_Undying_84Posted 7/13/2013 2:08:19 AM
I REALLY hope there's no Electric gym. There's been one in every single game. It's enough already.
---
PSN: TheUndying84
#33MyNameIsNotJenPosted 7/13/2013 2:09:31 AM
The_Undying_84 posted...
I REALLY hope there's no Electric gym. There's been one in every single game. It's enough already.

We don't count Lt. Surge in Gen 2...
---
Yeah in the club it's getting ugly I don't care can't nobody stop the fire let 'em haters sit and stare
#34The_Undying_84Posted 7/13/2013 2:42:23 AM
MyNameIsNotJen posted...
The_Undying_84 posted...

We don't count Lt. Surge in Gen 2...

Gen 2's gyms were specifically made to be all different from Gen 1's. So if I'm looking at how frequent gym types come up, I just count them as one thing with every type included (except Dark of course......).

In any case, it's the most frequent gym type and therefore we don't need more of it, especially considering they've completely forgotten about a certain type......
---
PSN: TheUndying84
#35mehmetskiPosted 7/13/2013 3:11:42 AM
watch clemont become the fairy type gym leader.
i mean, he kind of reminds me of doctor crocker, he is a researcher which would
fit since fairy type is newly discovered. i wouldnt be surprised if it turned out this way.
---
Xerneas, the gay-pride Pokemon
#36LegendofDarkraiPosted 7/13/2013 3:44:16 AM
KillerMechanoid posted...
Clemont is definitely Electric type.

His name contains Lemon (and his Japanese name is Citron). Lemons and citrus fruits can produce electrical current.

And "Citron" is lemon in swedish
---
Specter of shadows, Ruler of the darkened moon, Uncontrollable ~Darkrai
#37gamermasterwizPosted 7/13/2013 5:24:14 AM
I think Grant is gonna be Ground..I've always thought of a gym leader who is good at sports and specializes in Ground type Pokemon that wears a football gear. We've had too many Rock gym leaders already....
---
Gen IV FC: 2536-3829-5092
Gen V FC: 0819-4243-0361 PSN: blueink8