This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So is mewtwo male or female...I'm confused

#21EchoPhoenixPosted 7/12/2013 10:51:13 PM
Arcasaurus posted...
Lexifox posted...
You're assuming that the Mew would be female just because it gave birth. Pokemon are bizarre and fantastic creatures, so some of them could breed in a completely alien way.

If Mew could breed in a way that was unique from other creatures, you'd think that it'd be documented more elaborately than with just a line saying "Mew gave birth." >_>

So um, was Johto just really behind on the times for research on Pokemon breeding? Because Elm freaks out about how huge a discovery a Pokemon Egg is, and yet years before we had Fuji write about a Pokemon giving birth. >_>
#22LexifoxPosted 7/12/2013 10:55:17 PM
HG/SS retconned the "OMG EGGS" thing.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#23EchoPhoenixPosted 7/12/2013 10:57:44 PM
Lexifox posted...
HG/SS retconned the "OMG EGGS" thing.

Yeah, I was just mentioning how I never really caught how silly that was in the original games. Like, it was already silly, but then the journal entry just makes it more ridiculous, looking back on it.
#24Twilight_SonataPosted 7/12/2013 11:29:22 PM(edited)
aznStaRBoY posted...
Masculine and feminine voices mean nothing.

We have a winner!

Arcasaurus posted...
Mewtwo has a birth mother in the games, so that Mew's female...

That does not follow logically at all.

Arcasaurus posted...
If Mew could breed in a way that was unique from other creatures...

But it isn't unique. There are tons of real creatures that breed and give birth just fine without having distinct male or female sexes. It's really not that remarkable.