This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

getting kanto starters?

#11XWolfOPosted 7/12/2013 11:45:41 PM
I don't see what the big deal is with people and the Kanto starters. It's not like they're that great anyway.
---
Don't hesitate. When the time comes, just act.
#12GoldenSWarriorsPosted 7/12/2013 11:48:23 PM
blastoise can be used competitively, but in most cases tentacruel would be better
---
GT: F3rocious Panda
http://i.minus.com/iyd6J984Oz8cy.gif
#13kito-efil(Topic Creator)Posted 7/12/2013 11:50:06 PM
XWolfO posted...
I don't see what the big deal is with people and the Kanto starters. It's not like they're that great anyway.

For me its nostalgia. Pokemon blue was the first video game i ever played. I dont like charizard for battle purposes but he was the one i chose my first time playing the game. Venasaur and Blastoise arent super powerful but i still love them.
---
Stop teaching kids if you're happy and you know it! ...It hurts timmy the T-rex's feelings when he cant clap like the other kids...
#14jayman7Posted 7/13/2013 12:08:24 AM(edited)
Pokebeach itself says there are parts that might (repeat: might) be false, but it's limited to two lines that aren't related to Kanto starters.

http://pokebeach.com/2013/06/pokebeach-x-y-rumor-roundup-and-clarifications

And this wouldn't be the first game to give out alternate-gen starters in the postgame should this happen - Emerald, Heart Gold, and Soul Silver did the same.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#15SlimeStackPosted 7/14/2013 2:11:03 PM
Personally I would like to see Kanto starters early on being given to you in the same manner as the monkeys were in BW. Chespin users would get Squirtle, Fennekin gets you a Bulbasaur and Froakie will get you a Charmander.

I don't think starters need to be some special post-game thing any more. It worked well in HGSS because three out of the four regions made an appearance, but now we just have Kalos and 6 sets of starters. Granted, if RSE remakes ever do happen that'll solve some problems, but I still don't want GameFreak to hold back on handing out starters now that there's 18 of them.
---
Blah.