This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

It's been a month...

#1DweezleMoonunitPosted 7/13/2013 5:19:28 AM
And, to my knowledge, no one has been emasculated by Fairy Type becoming a reality. Could it be that a majority of the fanbase are mature and don't see Fairies becoming a major part of a franchise aimed at children as a threat to their manhood? The rush of pre-E3 topics didn't seem to suggest that.

What I'm really trying to ask is if you were one of those peeps who absolutely despised Fairy-Type, and if so what you now think. Coz I'm curious. I guess you coud say I'm a little bicuri- *shot*
---
What does a nosy pepper do?
It gets Jalapeno business.
#2scitch1Posted 7/13/2013 5:21:15 AM
i think its a great idea , i mean why not , people seem to rip into anything new in pokemon games haha and besides dragons need a new fear
---
PSN = scott_2781
3DS friend code = 3969 3933 8945
#3mehmetskiPosted 7/13/2013 5:26:30 AM
i was sceptical of a new type being introduced at all.
and i was sceptical of it being fairy because this word initially came out of the nowhere.
seriously, it was just some guy who thought "sylveon sounds like sylvan and its cute and pink so it
could be a fairy"...now that it is true and CONFIRMED i am totally ok with it.
---
Xerneas, the gay-pride Pokemon
#4PressRestartPosted 7/13/2013 5:27:17 AM
Sure, Fairy type will plunge Pokemon deeper into ridicule in the outside world, but to players of the games, it's nothing new.
Trust me, there are lots of things worse than a type being called Fairy.
---
The False Prophet of the Nintendo 3DS Board.
#5Therian_FanPosted 7/13/2013 5:29:15 AM
Thank God Sylveon isn't a bug type. I would kill myself if it really happens
#6MidnightCrewPosted 7/13/2013 5:30:14 AM
I actually have the opposite problem, I have no real issue with Fairy types being in the franchise, but I'm not too excited, and yet I've found if you even mention that you aren't so excited about fairy type, even if you mention that just offhandedly amongst a post filled with stuff that you ARE excited about relating to the new games, the immature fairy type lovers descend.

I admin on a few facebook pages about Pokemon and I have for a while and NEVER have I been forced to actually delete a status before this, because of how out of control these fairy type people were. Like, literally, in a post full of things I was excited for, one sentence to the effect of based on the pokemon we'd seen thus far, there were things in the games I was looking forward to far more than fairy types, and the comments FILLED with insults towards me, people getting all high and mighty and assuming I didn't know any classic fairies, people assuming I was a dragon obsessed fanboy, etc.

It was actually an awful experience. :I
---
Official Scrafty Of The Black And White Clan, Official Misdreavus of The BW 2 Boards. Official Lorelei of the BW 2 Boards.
#7mehmetskiPosted 7/13/2013 5:30:21 AM
Therian_Fan posted...

you actually gave that even the slightest chance?
---
Xerneas, the gay-pride Pokemon
#8Therian_FanPosted 7/13/2013 5:40:46 AM
mehmetski posted...
Therian_Fan posted...

you actually gave that even the slightest chance?

I'm just expecting the worst. But before this came out, I believe Sylveon is a Flying type. Never thought Masuda would add a new Fairy type.
#9AurawhispererPosted 7/13/2013 5:46:17 AM
People needs to realize that Gamefreak is more than aiming just for money. It's also their baby that they've been milking since the 90's.
To keep that baby alive, they have to use that same formula over and over with enhanced improvements.

Gamefreak doesnt care what the older fanbase says. They expect them to mature and grow up or mature and move along with the newer pokemon. They are aiming for the younger fanbase, in which is how they make most of their money.

Fairy isnt good nor bad. It's a new type. In which will change the metagame. We've been needing a new type since gen 2. They gave us one.

The reason why people complain is because they have nothing better to do with their miserable existence on this world
---
It's funny how so many immature imbeciles on here try hard hating me. You think I care, yet I don't.
Try harder kid. You amuse me :)
#10AlphaBurritoPosted 7/13/2013 6:12:36 AM
I don't like it. Should've been called "magic" type.
---
The AlphaBurrito is back....risen from the dead...he does not wear a speedo...thy AlphaBurrito....