This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Predict the final type combo for the starters.

#41jakovuPosted 7/14/2013 7:33:26 AM
javel34 posted...
....it was wrong about GOGOAT technically.

"What was shown is just an alternate way of getting around Lumiose City and it only works with Gogoat."

It is true that you can only ride Gogoat in Lumiose City, and the only Pokémon you can ride in Lumiose City is Gogoat. It doesn't say that you can't ride other Pokémon in other locations.
#42ShyvanaPosted 7/14/2013 7:39:08 AM
There could have been false info in the leak, I hope not because I want a psychic starter evo :p

I like how the secondary types for a reverse triangle too.

Fire SE to grass, Psychic can't hit dark
Grass SE to water, dark sucks against fighting
And water SE to fire, but NFE against psychic.

This is what I've been waiting for, actually. A pokemon who's first typing is NVE against the other but their second typing is SEF.
---
http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/9412/comeatmebro1.png
didn't america win the civil war? - lunarknight64 (Posted 11/10/2009 3:15:32 PM)
#43Sir WillPosted 7/14/2013 8:51:45 AM
jayman7 posted...
Urgh!

Not weak to Fire not weak to Fire NOT WEAK TO FIRE NOT WEAK TO FREAKING FIRE!!!

The only way Chespin is becoming Grass/Rock is if Fennekin becomes an Ice-type (doubt it), a Bug-type (LOLno), a Fighting type (cringe), or a Steel-type. Even if we didn't have a leak that we had strong reason to believe because it's managed to get a lot of things very, very right that said Chespin was evolving into a Dark-type, even if there actually was a reason to believe Chespin looked any more like a Rock-type than a Dark-type (I don't see it), making Chespin a Rock-type forces Fennekin's hand.

Same deal with making Froakie Flying-type, for the record, which I consider even less likely than Chespin being Rock.

...so? Empoleon loses the grass weakness. While still SE against infernape, infernape is normal and SE against empoleon. And Torterra, while still weak to fire, can fight back with ground.
---
River Song: Well, I was off to this gay gypsy bar mitzvah for the disabled when I thought 'Gosh, the Third Reich's a bit rubbish, I think i'll kill the Fuhrer'
#44ScepterOfLovePosted 7/14/2013 8:54:42 AM
I kind of don't think Chespin is going to be grass/dark
---
"Yet here we are, shaking our booties..."
My movie review blog: logankrum.wordpress.com
#45radred2004Posted 7/14/2013 9:30:07 AM
fire/psychic
grass/fighting
water/dark
---
White: Daisy 1550 0892 3564 Gold: Gold 3268 1023 8138
#46legitgamer405Posted 7/14/2013 9:40:46 AM
Chespin: Grass/Fighting (His description is, "The Grass-type Pokémon Chespin has a tough shell covering its head and back. Despite having a curious nature that tends to get it in trouble, Chespin keeps an optimistic outlook and doesn't worry about small details." so I think that his evolution's fighting type would come in handy
Fennekin: Fire/Dark (Some people say foxes are cunning)
Froakie: Water/Psychic (Some people also say Froakie is based off of Ben Franklin, and the two white circles on his face are supposed to resemble glasses)
---
3DS FC: 1564-2580-9641
#47Earth_EchidnaPosted 7/14/2013 9:45:02 AM
Based on their appearances, my guess would be:

Chespin: Either Grass/Rock or Grass/Ground. I have no idea why, Chespin merely looks like a Pokémon that would correspond closely to the terrain.

Fennekin: I can't see it becoming anything other than a pure Fire type.

Froakie: Based off the cloud on its back, my guess for a final evolution is a Water/Flying type similar to Thundurus, Tornadus and Landorus, or the two wind frogs in the Legend of Zelda series.
---
Pokemon SoulSilver FC: 1335 1407 6427
When Life gives you lemons, throw them back and demand cookies instead! -Official Sandslash of the PMD3 boards
#48jayman7Posted 7/14/2013 9:59:16 AM(edited)
Sir Will posted...
jayman7 posted...
Urgh!

The only way Chespin is becoming Grass/Rock is if Fennekin becomes an Ice-type (doubt it), a Bug-type (LOLno), a Fighting type (cringe), or a Steel-type. Even if we didn't have a leak that we had strong reason to believe because it's managed to get a lot of things very, very right that said Chespin was evolving into a Dark-type, even if there actually was a reason to believe Chespin looked any more like a Rock-type than a Dark-type (I don't see it), making Chespin a Rock-type forces Fennekin's hand.

Same deal with making Froakie Flying-type, for the record, which I consider even less likely than Chespin being Rock.

...so? Empoleon loses the grass weakness. While still SE against infernape, infernape is normal and SE against empoleon. And Torterra, while still weak to fire, can fight back with ground.

Try reading harder and you'll notice that I said that Chespin could become a Grass/Rock type, but only if Fennekin is Fighting (makes me sick just typing that) or Steel (or Ice or Bug which simply aren't happening). And Empoleon, while not weak to Grass, was weak to Ground, which Torterra had. So yeah, Empoleon doesn't contradict my point.

And the fourth gen was sorta-kinda a two-way triangle of the very sort that has been suggested for the sixth gen, so gaining the weaknesses was irrelevant to my point; it was more about maintaining the weaknesses that were already there. Grass/Rock with Fire/Psychic (or, worse, pure Fire as the post immediately above mine suggests) doesn't do that.

Of course, you're all going to an awful lot of trouble to deny something that's managed to get so many things right so far. Even the things it got "wrong" are minor or open to interpretation (ie. typos, he gave this Patrice character more significance than Sycamore, which could have been bad memory on his part or a misunderstanding on our own, and he said you could only ride Gogoat around Lumiose City, which for all we know could be completely true - Rhyhorn wasn't being ridden around Lumiose.)
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#49MickeyRocksaPosted 7/14/2013 10:56:24 AM
... Grass/fighting
fire/psi
water/dark
or switch dark and fighting I dont care
---
call me 2 battle MICKEYx 3ds FC: 4141-2356-8625 ...pm me first
feel free
#50ShyvanaPosted 7/14/2013 11:03:58 AM
Sir Will posted...
jayman7 posted...
Urgh!

Try reading harder

xD I lol'd pretty hard.
---
http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/9412/comeatmebro1.png
didn't america win the civil war? - lunarknight64 (Posted 11/10/2009 3:15:32 PM)