This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Watching Pokemon The First Movie.

#1Scorpion122178Posted 7/13/2013 11:03:25 AM
This Mewtwo is hardcore killed a dozen people in the first 5 minutes of the movie.
---
GT: Scorpion0489
Currently playing: Turok 2: Seeds of Evil, Borderlands 2, Bioshock Infinite, Skyrim, Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm
#2Swampert27Posted 7/13/2013 11:29:47 AM
Newtwo is better.
#3Genericgamer667Posted 7/13/2013 11:34:37 AM
4kids butchered the 1st movie imo
---
3DS FC: 4940-5445-8767
It is a remake, not my fault you people think ports are remakes (but only on Nintendo systems)-Demondog666 on Kid Icarus Uprising
#4TaticalWarriorPosted 7/13/2013 11:37:29 AM
Genericgamer667 posted...

Aside the removal of the intro, they improved the movie by incredible stantards. The music of that movie is incredible, and they marketed it as a real movie should. They also added many touches and the result was a very good movie presentation.
---
Keyblade Warrior working for the Great Bear Union!
Proud designer of Chip, the Runner Up Megaman Legends 3's Mascot Contest!
#5Nightstar1994Posted 7/13/2013 11:41:03 AM
The soundtrack 4kids has added rocked. Especially when Mewtwo landed, that awesome piece.

And "Brother my brother" is incredibly nostalgic nowadays.

I also cried when Ash 'died', even though i tried to be hard. Good times :)
#6LordAlistairPosted 7/13/2013 11:41:38 AM
TaticalWarrior posted...
Genericgamer667 posted...

Aside the removal of the intro, they improved the movie by incredible stantards. The music of that movie is incredible, and they marketed it as a real movie should. They also added many touches and the result was a very good movie presentation.

I don't know. Changing the moral to "fighting is bad" in a series revolving around fighting was pretty stupid.
---
http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/9710/bossqt.jpg
http://www.zeldaeternity.com/2011/05/you-might-be-a-zelda-hipster/
#7iKhanicPosted 7/13/2013 11:42:18 AM
Pokemon 2000> The First Movie
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
Dictator of the Zelda Wii U Board
#8TheCorruptAngelPosted 7/13/2013 11:44:52 AM
I enjoyed a lot of the movie but had so many issues with it, most of them relating to the dub.

Mew was originally advocating the idea that clones were inferior and should be exterminated, which was odd to say the least and 4Kids changed that in the dub. I don't feel one way or another about this change but thought it was interesting to bring up.

The way Ash was revived from his "death" was cheap and cheesy and never explained, and I would have preferred literally any other way that wasn't the floating tears of Pokémon.
---
Your words are as empty as your signature!
What is a signature? A miserable little pile of secrets!
#9master_gamr1231Posted 7/13/2013 11:54:39 AM
TheCorruptAngel posted...
I enjoyed a lot of the movie but had so many issues with it, most of them relating to the dub.

Mew was originally advocating the idea that clones were inferior and should be exterminated, which was odd to say the least and 4Kids changed that in the dub. I don't feel one way or another about this change but thought it was interesting to bring up.

The way Ash was revived from his "death" was cheap and cheesy and never explained, and I would have preferred literally any other way that wasn't the floating tears of Pokémon.

Well, actually, they did have a tie-in for the tears from earlier in the movie, when that woman was talking about the massive storm that was like the one in the past that wiped out so many lives until the tears of the Pokemon crying over the deaths revived them all. It wasn't totally out of left field.
---
Why do people... betray one another? They might as well... all just die instead.
Welcome to my kingdom!
#10Chaos_MissilePosted 7/13/2013 11:57:37 AM
The only song I liked from the first movie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0HBM-5Q9mg

....yes, even the remixed Pokemon theme sucked.
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008