This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Crap now I HAVE to get Pokemon Y!

#21MyNameIsNotJenPosted 7/16/2013 7:52:44 AM
This is the first Generation where I'm purchasing both games. Never have done that before and only traded for version exclusives..but since I already have 2 XL's, why not get both?

Plus, I also like Skrelp more than Clauncher...but I also like Swirlix more than Spritzee..*sigh*
---
Yeah in the club it's getting ugly I don't care can't nobody stop the fire let 'em haters sit and stare
#22ConflagrationPosted 7/16/2013 7:57:46 AM
^Because it's an utter waste of money as it's the same freaking game, with only the tiniest of differences.
#23MyNameIsNotJenPosted 7/16/2013 8:02:54 AM
Conflagration posted...
^Because it's an utter waste of money as it's the same freaking game, with only the tiniest of differences.

^Yeah.
But I would also like the option of starting a new game, without erasing my old save file...legally.
Plus, it's only $40. That's nothing, really.
---
Yeah in the club it's getting ugly I don't care can't nobody stop the fire let 'em haters sit and stare
#24jEr3mYPosted 7/16/2013 8:34:03 AM
MyNameIsNotJen posted...
Conflagration posted...

^Yeah.
But I would also like the option of starting a new game, without erasing my old save file...legally.
Plus, it's only $40. That's nothing, really.

also the fact that its your money and you're entitled to buy two games if you wish......
---
Non-Specific Action Figure has to be in the next Super Smash Bros game. If you agree, send me a message. Number of people who agree: 18 - updated 8 June 2013
#25Strain42Posted 7/16/2013 8:53:55 AM
EternalNether posted...
Okay, even assuming that's how you feel, explain why your love for Skrelp (of all Pokemon) is more significant than the love you would have for a legendary?

Well in my case it's simple. I would like to potentially use Skrelp in my team, whereas I don't use Legendary Pokemon.

So for me a regular Pokemon will always trump a Legendary because I might actually want to use them.
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/ (Currently Updating: Persona 4TW Add-On M-F)
5069-5089-2020
#26InhaledCornPosted 7/16/2013 8:57:38 AM
DotA_GC posted...
EternalNether posted...
Okay, even assuming that's how you feel, explain why your love for Skrelp (of all Pokemon) is more significant than the love you would have for a legendary?

I would have to agree with caring more about the regular pokemon available to me than the legedarys. I don't honestly understand why people care about legendarys, other than for "collecting them all" purposes. They can't be used in game for the combat trains or the world tournament. You can't breed them to get the natures/IVs you want. Competitvely, I always felt like using a legendary was just lame (that's an opinion, yes, but I'm sure there's others who feel the same way). So what's the point of the legendary? Use it on other in-game trainers and the elite 4? Making them even easier to beat than it would have been without the stats on steroids legendary pokemon? boooooring.

Someone who understands me!
---
3DS FC: 2578-3118-6645 PSN: PowahBoxers
I need to play Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door again...
#27Strain42Posted 7/16/2013 9:02:51 AM
Plus, I also like Skrelp more than Clauncher...but I also like Swirlix more than Spritzee..*sigh*

This is kind of the boat that I'm in. For the first time in ever, I like both version mascots equally so they can't help me make my decision, but right out the gate I'm torn between 2 exclusives.

Right now I do think I'll get Y because I know for a fact a friend of mine is getting X and we can always trade exclusives and I can just breed my own Swirlix. It won't be as fun as catching one myself, but hey, gotta do what you gotta do.

Or it's entirely possible that by the time the games come out they will reveal a Water, Poison, or Fairy type that I may want to use more than Skrelp or Swirlix in which case it would be entirely irrelevant which version I get.
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/ (Currently Updating: Persona 4TW Add-On M-F)
5069-5089-2020
#28gladwyn101Posted 7/16/2013 9:06:11 AM
MissCarriage posted...
Its really not sarcasm lol. I really feel like I need to catch/hatch my favorites myself. I'm OCD like that...

So trade for a FEMALE Skrelp and breed your own. Problem solved.
---
4e is not D&D, but WoW making a Disguise check.
Pokemon Black Friend Code: 0605-2800-9952; Trainer Name: Solace; First Pokemon (roleplaying): Shiny Umbreon
#29ZabuzadonoPosted 7/16/2013 10:13:31 AM
MissCarriage posted...
Skrelp is a Y exclusive so I HAVE to get Y! SUCH A SHAME! I like Xerneas better than Yveltal. D:

There could be an in-game trade of Clauncher for Skrelp - like what they did in Gen 4 with Lilligant and Whimsicott... That way you can still get it in X.

Or just GTS it...
---
Skyrim is the girl who keeps breaking my heart, yet is so hot I still keep coming back on the chance I may get to sleep with her again. - Spurner
#302wingedangelPosted 7/16/2013 10:15:24 AM
Kk, I'll stick with my cthulu pokemon.
---
3DS FC: 1048-8562-6194