This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is there bad blood between SMT fans and Pokemon fans?

#31Half-GhostPosted 7/15/2013 11:10:37 AM(edited)
DrakoVongola1 posted...
Half-Ghost posted...
DrakoVongola1 posted...
The worst parts of the KH boards (besides the obvious trolling, but that's everywhere) are the yaoi fangirls and boys. I like yaoi as much as the next (gay) guy, but they can be quite annoying. I do still hold that Axel/Lea is totally gay for Roxas though :P

Yeah, gotta agree, that is the worst part of the KH boards. Some yaoi fans often get way too obsessed and look creepy to me. I wonder why that is though. Yuri fans seem a lot more normal and less vocal too. (I'm a Xion/Roxas fan which TECHNICALLY could be considered a slash pairing, but really doesn't have the appearance of one).

Anyways, to get back on topic I don't think SMT fans should really complain about Pokemon being the big thing for the 3DS. SMT is extremely dark, so it excludes a large portion of people that would prefer to avoid the content. Pokemon has a mass appeal, so it's not surprising that it would be more popular.

Because the yuri fan is a mythical beast, very rarely seen on the likes of JRPG boards. Also doesn't help that out of like 30 original characters only about 5 are female >_>

So I'm a mythical beast now? Haha, that's pretty funny.

Edit: Just realized that could have come across as something mean. I DID not mean it that way!
#32SummonearthPosted 7/15/2013 11:07:21 AM
It is almost like Tales fans vs. Final fantasy fans.
---
"I will speak my mind and say what I want and if you don't like it, well too bad!" "And my Pikachu pillow says hi"
#33aznStaRBoYPosted 7/15/2013 11:37:18 AM
The more "mature" a game is, the more its fans are likely to be angry, pompous, and pathetic. They dont want to see it as a game, but as their lives, which is ridiculous.

If there is any bad blood, it's completely a one-way thing against Pokemon fans who are usually have better things to do.
---
[This message was deleted by a gameFAQs moderator]
#34DrakoVongola1Posted 7/15/2013 12:33:11 PM
aznStaRBoY posted...
The more "mature" a game is, the more its fans are likely to be angry, pompous, and pathetic. They dont want to see it as a game, but as their lives, which is ridiculous.

If there is any bad blood, it's completely a one-way thing against Pokemon fans who are usually have better things to do.

In my experience the SMT and Persona fanbases really aren't that bad, they're pretty good compared to most. Last time I was there the Persona boards were actually helpful to anyone asking for advice, unlike many GameFAQs boards.
---
Official leader of the Illuminati.
#35shagohad3Posted 7/15/2013 1:02:15 PM
'm not a fan of SMT but i've only seen this with gilger13vids
---
PSN: shagohad12
I got a bucket full of my head, and i'm about to make it rain!
#362roxasandsoraPosted 7/18/2013 8:18:56 PM
I'll probably only play Smt 4 but so far it seems ok but I like pokemon a bit better because it has been with me since I was 6...
---
3ds friend code: 5413-0926-4049
Xbox live: BahamutFlare1
#37DarkHeroZXPosted 7/18/2013 9:53:05 PM
SMT 4 doesn't really seem all that dark(only played about 10 hours of it). I think they toned it down after Nocturne.

I still think the Persona games are the superior SMT games, I don't die due to random Crit hax in the Persona games
---
"I do a lot of push ups and sit-ups and I drink plenty of juice"-Vegeta
#38FenriLokiPosted 7/18/2013 9:57:46 PM
DarkHeroZX posted...
SMT 4 doesn't really seem all that dark(only played about 10 hours of it). I think they toned it down after Nocturne.

I still think the Persona games are the superior SMT games, I don't die due to random Crit hax in the Persona games

That just makes them easier, not better. Yes, I'm one of those people that thinks Persona games are not as good as the main SMT games. I did start with them, though.

4 seems pretty dark to me once stuff starts rolling...
---
The official Megami Tensei Art Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board. Why? Why not? Because. Maybe. Exactly. My hair is bigger than you.
#39DrakoVongola1Posted 7/18/2013 10:00:22 PM
DarkHeroZX posted...

You're only 10 hours in, it could get darker. I wouldn't really know, I haven't played it yet and I'm avoiding spoilers like the plague (Which isn't too hard as long as I avoid any SMT/Persona boards).
---
Official leader of the Illuminati.
#40jnetheryPosted 7/18/2013 10:13:42 PM
I'm a big fan of all of these series.... SMT, Persona, Pokemon, Kingdom Hearts, Tales of...
People need to chill with the elitist hate man....They are all great games for different reasons.
---
1: If you think your opinion is fact, then I will ignore you.
2: If you butcher the English language or abuse Netspeak, see #1.