This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So Xerneas is the "LIFE" pokemon, Yveltal is the "DESTRUCTION pokemon"...

#1MelkacPosted 7/13/2013 2:12:51 PM
...Not the Death pokémon...

DESTRUCTION.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43C2aBKMqeA
#2FuneralCakePosted 7/13/2013 2:13:51 PM
What's your point?
---
THAT'S MISS FUNERAL CAKE TO YOU
love me like it's prom night
#3Duskull24Posted 7/13/2013 2:13:54 PM
It's destruction because the soccer moms of America think the word death corrupts the entire essence of their precious little children.
---
Not changing this sig until Gamefreak brings back the Trick Master. Started 9-19-10
#4P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 7/13/2013 2:14:12 PM
Although their species name kind of goes against this theory, I'm still saying the Yggdrasil theme is true. There's no doubt in my mind that the upper right hand corner of the map is a giant tree.
---
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
#5Ari917Posted 7/13/2013 2:15:13 PM
Duskull24 posted...
It's destruction because the soccer moms of America think the word death corrupts the entire essence of their precious little children.

It's destruction in Japan...
---
Official Wyvern Lord of the Awakening Board
#6FuneralCakePosted 7/13/2013 2:15:58 PM
Duskull24 posted...

No, that's not why. It's the "Destruction Pokemon" in Japanese, too. It wasn't changed to fit the cultural norms of the other languages.

Keep in mind that in Japan, its signature move is called Death Wing, not Oblivion Wing.
---
#7Duskull24Posted 7/13/2013 2:16:03 PM
Ari917 posted...
Duskull24 posted...

Your point?
---
Not changing this sig until Gamefreak brings back the Trick Master. Started 9-19-10
#8BurningFlareXPosted 7/13/2013 2:17:12 PM
I believe I read somewhere that Yveltal has destroyed and wreaked havoc on Kalos before, which might explain why it's the Destruction Pokemon.
Xerneas apparently brought life back to the place, which also explains that.
---
I hate everything.
#9FuneralCakePosted 7/13/2013 2:18:36 PM
BurningFlareX posted...
I believe I read somewhere that Yveltal has destroyed and wreaked havoc on Kalos before, which might explain why it's the Destruction Pokemon.
Xerneas apparently brought life back to the place, which also explains that.

That was a rumor that was later proven to be false.
---
#10Ari917Posted 7/13/2013 2:20:18 PM
Duskull24 posted...
Ari917 posted...
Duskull24 posted...

Your point?

The point is that it's not the "soccer moms" that caused the name, you're falsely accusing based on misguided information.
---
Official Wyvern Lord of the Awakening Board