This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So Xerneas is the "LIFE" pokemon, Yveltal is the "DESTRUCTION pokemon"...

#11Duskull24Posted 7/13/2013 2:22:31 PM
Ari917 posted...
Duskull24 posted...
Ari917 posted...
Duskull24 posted...
It's destruction because the soccer moms of America think the word death corrupts the entire essence of their precious little children.

It's destruction in Japan...

Your point?

The point is that it's not the "soccer moms" that caused the name, you're falsely accusing based on misguided information.

So you know the exact reason Gamefreak decided not to use death? Didn't know we had actual GF employees on this board...
---
Not changing this sig until Gamefreak brings back the Trick Master. Started 9-19-10
#12FuneralCakePosted 7/13/2013 2:26:37 PM
Duskull24 posted...
So you know the exact reason Gamefreak decided not to use death? Didn't know we had actual GF employees on this board...

Why would they use death for its signature move in Japan but not its species name? They don't care about the censoring in Japan, obviously, so, to quote yourself... "Your point?"
---
THAT'S MISS FUNERAL CAKE TO YOU
love me like it's prom night
#13-Oath-Posted 7/13/2013 2:36:01 PM
FuneralCake posted...
Duskull24 posted...

Why would they use death for its signature move in Japan but not its species name? They don't care about the censoring in Japan, obviously, so, to quote yourself... "Your point?"

Well, this game is going to be released everywhere on the same date, right? Maybe that wanted to keep it consistent with every location and their morales or whatever. Just a thought. Honestly, it doesn't bother me. He doesn't like like a death Pokemon to me. Destruction fits better.
#14GoGoatPosted 7/13/2013 2:36:18 PM
Duskull24 posted...

What does that make you then, the head of the company?

Think before you type.
---
Official Oblivion Keyblade of the KH3 Board
#15Duskull24Posted 7/13/2013 2:37:41 PM
FuneralCake posted...
Duskull24 posted...

"Your point?" really doesn't make sense in response to my post, but ok. And by them using death for its move in Japan but not here really only supports "my point".
---
Not changing this sig until Gamefreak brings back the Trick Master. Started 9-19-10
#16Ari917Posted 7/13/2013 2:37:54 PM
-Oath- posted...
FuneralCake posted...
Duskull24 posted...

Well, this game is going to be released everywhere on the same date, right? Maybe that wanted to keep it consistent with every location and their morales or whatever. Just a thought. Honestly, it doesn't bother me. He doesn't like like a death Pokemon to me. Destruction fits better.

Except they had also used "Death Wing" in Japan rather then "Oblivion Wing" like here so that's not the case either.
---
Official Wyvern Lord of the Awakening Board
#17lightning_deityPosted 7/13/2013 2:37:58 PM
FuneralCake posted...
What's your point?
#18FuneralCakePosted 7/13/2013 2:38:17 PM
-Oath- posted...
Well, this game is going to be released everywhere on the same date, right? Maybe that wanted to keep it consistent with every location and their morales or whatever. Just a thought.

That doesn't explain the whole Death Wing vs. Oblivion Wing part, though.

Basically, it's incredibly easy to change things to fit the cultural standards.
---
THAT'S MISS FUNERAL CAKE TO YOU
love me like it's prom night
#19Duskull24Posted 7/13/2013 2:38:52 PM
GoGoat posted...
Duskull24 posted...

What does that make you then, the head of the company?

Think before you type.

I proposed a theory and was told I was outright wrong. How could anybody know that without inside information?
---
#20Ari917Posted 7/13/2013 2:39:38 PM
Duskull24 posted...
FuneralCake posted...
Duskull24 posted...

"Your point?" really doesn't make sense in response to my post, but ok. And by them using death for its move in Japan but not here really only supports "my point".

No it doesn't, your point was that Destruction (not Death Wing) was used because of the soccer moms, destruction was used in Japan where they have no influence. Thus your point is lost.
---
Official Wyvern Lord of the Awakening Board