This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So Xerneas is the "LIFE" pokemon, Yveltal is the "DESTRUCTION pokemon"...

#21Duskull24Posted 7/13/2013 2:41:37 PM
Ari917 posted...
Duskull24 posted...
FuneralCake posted...
Duskull24 posted...
So you know the exact reason Gamefreak decided not to use death? Didn't know we had actual GF employees on this board...

Why would they use death for its signature move in Japan but not its species name? They don't care about the censoring in Japan, obviously, so, to quote yourself... "Your point?"

"Your point?" really doesn't make sense in response to my post, but ok. And by them using death for its move in Japan but not here really only supports "my point".

No it doesn't, your point was that Destruction (not Death Wing) was used because of the soccer moms, destruction was used in Japan where they have no influence. Thus your point is lost.

My post was a statement about why I believe the word Death isn't in the American games.
---
Not changing this sig until Gamefreak brings back the Trick Master. Started 9-19-10
#22Ari917Posted 7/13/2013 2:45:13 PM(edited)
Duskull24 posted...

My post was a statement about why I believe the word Death isn't in the American games.

And tell me where is that specifically said or where the topic was talking about that in particular? You just went on a tirade about how it's destruction because of the "Soccer Moms" which is not true in any sense due to what we know about Japan.

If that was your point, then you should've been clearer, on top of picking a subject matter where it actually applies (since it's destruction in both places).
---
Official Wyvern Lord of the Awakening Board
#23Duskull24Posted 7/13/2013 2:47:11 PM
Ari917 posted...
And tell me where is that specifically said or where the topic was talking about that in particular? You just went on a tirade about how it's destruction because of the "Soccer Moms" which is not true in any sense due to what we know about Japan.

If that was your point, then you should've been clearer, on top of picking a subject matter where it actually applies (since it's destruction in both places).

Tirade? I made a single post consisting of a single sentence. You're blowing this way out of proportion. It really isn't my fault that you drew assumptions and they turned out to be wrong.
---
Not changing this sig until Gamefreak brings back the Trick Master. Started 9-19-10
#24AysanderPosted 7/13/2013 2:52:45 PM
Besides, we don't censor Death here as much anymore...>.> Actually, we stopped that 13 years ago when the Censorship Bureau's rules were becoming extremely in conflict w/ the constitution...
#25Ari917Posted 7/13/2013 2:53:35 PM
Duskull24 posted...
Tirade? I made a single post consisting of a single sentence. You're blowing this way out of proportion. It really isn't my fault that you drew assumptions and they turned out to be wrong.

Regardless, you called out a group on something they're not responsible for and thus you gave a terrible example to your point which is not even well explained. Really Duskull, if you're going to make a point you have to be clear and coincise and you were neither considering how many "misinterpreted" your point.
---
#26LexifoxPosted 7/13/2013 2:57:30 PM
Do people really think that Death wouldn't be censored if it WAS the Death Pokemon?
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#27Duskull24Posted 7/13/2013 2:59:26 PM
Ari917 posted...
Duskull24 posted...

Regardless, you called out a group on something they're not responsible for and thus you gave a terrible example to your point which is not even well explained. Really Duskull, if you're going to make a point you have to be clear and coincise and you were neither considering how many "misinterpreted" your point.

You don't know who's responsible for this so you really can't be telling me this. Sure, my post may have been misinterpreted but that doesn't mean I was wrong. If you're gonna try to tell me I'm wrong please back your claim up as because I said so isn't evidence.
---
#28Ari917Posted 7/13/2013 2:59:28 PM
Lexifox posted...
Do people really think that Death wouldn't be censored if it WAS the Death Pokemon?

That's not what we're arguing, Duskull said something that was incorrect and he tried to defend himself when we corrected him.
---
#29Ari917Posted 7/13/2013 3:09:43 PM(edited)
Duskull24 posted...
Ari917 posted...
Duskull24 posted...

You don't know who's responsible for this so you really can't be telling me this. Sure, my post may have been misinterpreted but that doesn't mean I was wrong. If you're gonna try to tell me I'm wrong please back your claim up as because I said so isn't evidence.

Here's what you presented: "It's destruction because of the Soccer Moms"

Note that you did not in particular refer to Death in general being censored, just this one instance. In that case, you are wrong about this because it's not true at all as Destruction is used both in Japan and America.

Now if you used Death Wing vs. Oblivion Wing, then you're right because it is true with no doubt but that's not the case. All I'm saying is Destruction is not a censorship issue like you tried to push forth, that's all. I'm not debating whether Death is censored or not because it is but you tried to defend yourself about destruction is being censored where it's not true at all.
---
#30alatreon789Posted 7/13/2013 3:07:21 PM
Duskull24 posted...
It's destruction because the soccer moms of America think the word death corrupts the entire essence of their precious little children.

No, its move death wing was not changed in japan and it is still the destruction pokemon. If they did not change its move then why would they change it from the death pokemon to destruction pokemon? Also why would americans care about the games in japan having the word death in it?
---
This signature will not change until the rebirth of Nintendo Power. PSN: Interitum48
Started: 9:56 PM 12/18/2012