This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So Xerneas is the "LIFE" pokemon, Yveltal is the "DESTRUCTION pokemon"...

#51DrakoVongola1Posted 7/14/2013 7:40:19 AM
Yamato_san posted...

DrakoVongola1 posted...
Plus the existence of ghosts kind of implies that things have to die >_>

not that I disagree with the notion that things can die in Pokemon, but Ghost Pokemon don't seem much like actual ghosts so much as they are living creatures with very unusual, ethereal properties (they are capable of breeding after all).

I suppose.

I was thinking that one of Haunter's forms' Pokedex entries might have mentioned Pokemon dying, but I just looked them all up and it doesn't mention it for any of the three.
---
Official leader of the Illuminati.
#52Tatakai-No-KamiPosted 7/14/2013 7:54:28 AM
X chromosome, female, gives birth

Y chromosome, male, **** everything up

yeah, they nailed it
---
the official BAT DRAGON of the pokemon X/Y boards
#53Grammar_manPosted 7/17/2013 1:39:48 AM
Yamato_san posted...
for the record, "Death Wing" uses English words (Desu Wingu). In other words, it might just be some happy fun time Engrish to some people.... then again, a good deal of Japanese people may know what it means (so far as English words in anime go, it does occur pretty frequently), but the context might not be quite as heavy as if their native word were used. Nonetheless, death is far from being as touchy of a subject amongst Japanese kids as it is in western children's shows (though, it may be worth mentioning that even in the Japanese version, the anime is usually guilty of not outright referring to it, at least not since Kanto).

JC152 posted...
The rename of Death Wing is rather odd, since we already have a move that has a closer synonym for death, (I.E. dying instead of erasing) in the form of perish.

ironically, the Japanese name of Perish Song (Horobi no Uta) used "destruction". Well, technically.... "horobi" can translate to "perish", but I've seen it used all too often in the context of destruction and ruin, unlike "perish" which I've only seen used to refer specifically to the death of living beings.

DrakoVongola1 posted...
Plus the existence of ghosts kind of implies that things have to die >_>

not that I disagree with the notion that things can die in Pokemon, but Ghost Pokemon don't seem much like actual ghosts so much as they are living creatures with very unusual, ethereal properties (they are capable of breeding after all).

Yamask are dead humans.
#54Yamato_sanPosted 7/17/2013 8:30:50 AM
Grammar_man posted...
Yamask are dead humans.

but they too are capable of breeding (also, Yamask themselves aren't the dead humans, but rather the masks they carry). I'm thinking the Pokedex is just using some exaggerated flavor text (it has claimed that Ninetales was the reincarnation of nine saints and that Kadabra used to be a little boy, so at least some entries need to be taken with a grain of salt). At any rate, Pokemon that carry objects (especially objects of supposedly deviant origins) like Yamask and Cubone, are a really tricky subject. You can believe that after it's born, it immediately goes off to find a human soul to carry as a mask (in some detail that the game simply never shows, given that several points are already simplified for the purpose of gameplay, such as the fact that the player doesn't eat or use the bathroom, or towns consisting of three one-room houses), or the object's simply there right out of the egg, but either way, it's in the player's Pokemon's possession once it hatches.
#55Cheesepower5Posted 7/17/2013 9:09:23 AM
Tatakai-No-Kami posted...
X chromosome, female, gives birth

Y chromosome, male, **** everything up

yeah, they nailed it

Trust me, women are more than capable of being destructive. Still no word on the "men giving birth" front, though... I think I heard this one thing about it, one time. Or maybe that was a movie...

Melkac posted...
P0k3m0nWaRR10R8 posted...
Although their species name kind of goes against this theory, I'm still saying the Yggdrasil theme is true. There's no doubt in my mind that the upper right hand corner of the map is a giant tree.

Is Yggdrasil related to Yatagarasu?

No? Then that theory is false.

...What? What does Yatagarasu have to do with this game?

Yggdrasil is the world tree.
---
My way is the high way. You'd have to be lactose intolerant to not learn to love it.
Ha! Cheese puns.
#56Firelion6593Posted 7/17/2013 9:30:02 AM
Although their species name kind of goes against this theory, I'm still saying the Yggdrasil theme is true. There's no doubt in my mind that the upper right hand corner of the map is a giant tree.

How does it? Yveltal is supposedly based on a wyvern, which is considered a kind of dragon.

The dragon Niddhoggr of Norse mythology gnawed at the base of the World Tree Yggdrasil-- an attempted act of destruction.
---
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.
#57AzNNinjaRBPosted 7/17/2013 11:12:19 AM
Firelion6593 posted...

How does it? Yveltal is supposedly based on a wyvern, which is considered a kind of dragon.

The dragon Niddhoggr of Norse mythology gnawed at the base of the World Tree Yggdrasil-- an attempted act of destruction.

Niddhoggr is more of a serpentine like dragon though.

I still think that Yveltal is based on the eagle that lives on top of Yggdrasil in Asgard the Afterlife.

Soo death? Deathstruction I guess?
#58AlakazamtrainerPosted 7/17/2013 10:05:35 PM
So life and destruction...so the third is going to reborn/afterlife too?
---
3ds friend code is 5429 7532 9059
Animal Crossing New Leaf city Omashu
#59WiiareVenomPosted 7/17/2013 10:56:09 PM
aaronrichter posted...

Rebirth would be kind of stupid, since that could be considered part of Life. I suggested Decay, but that is part of Death.

So, Afterlife/Balance/Preservation/Undeath/Exdeath seem to be the other possibilities...
---
Democracy is when 2 wolves and a sheep meet to decide who is for dinner.
Liberty is when the sheep has a gun.
#60Sebas27Posted 7/17/2013 10:57:21 PM
WiiareVenom posted...
aaronrichter posted...

Rebirth would be kind of stupid, since that could be considered part of Life. I suggested Decay, but that is part of Death.

So, Afterlife/Balance/Preservation/Undeath/Exdeath seem to be the other possibilities...

How about immortality(could fit into Life though) or nonexistence/nothingness?(inb4KH)
---
"Strike me again, and I shall bury that rod in your spark"-Predaking to Starscream