This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm having a really hard time playing Gen V when I know this is coming out...

#1EternalNetherPosted 7/13/2013 1:15:05 PM
I played every generation except III. I skipped the first part of Gen V but I did play and beat Black 2, and I loved the game. I'm now trying to play White (the first time playing Pokemon since the announcement of these games) and I can't seem to get into it. I'm not sure why, but I'm almost positive this game is effecting my experience.

I was hoping to beat White then play and beat White 2. Then maybe complete the Pokedex (which I've never done) before X and Y come out. But X and Y are killing my enthusiasm for any Pokemon game that isn't them!

Anyone else having this problem?
---
3DS Friend Code: 0619-3902-4035
Pokemon White Friend Code:0433-9592-2992
#2wurmtokenPosted 7/13/2013 5:35:19 PM
Not currently but I've had this problem before. It's like trying to use Windows 95 after you've been using Windows 7 for a year. Sure it's completely doable but there's just something 'off' about it.
#3PT_PiranhaPosted 7/13/2013 5:40:55 PM
I had the opposite problem, I couldn't get excited for Gen VI because I still had to finish playing Black 2.

But as everything was coming together, everything evened out.
---
Remember, don't take video games too seriously- Plenty of GameFAQs users will do that for you.
-Official Kira of GameFAQs-
#4ZTIger5Posted 7/13/2013 5:46:28 PM
Not really. I'm still pretty into White 2, but am super excited for XY. If they can successfully implement a way to transfer Pokemon between the generations (the difference in software is apparently proving difficult), I will be so happy. My PokeDex is over 550 and almost all of my Pokemon have PokeRus, so I would be very miffed if I couldn't send them over.
---
Playing) Fire Emblem: Awakening, Guild Wars 2
Waiting) Pokemon XY
#5BikdipOnABusPosted 7/13/2013 6:24:52 PM
I've been trying to get as close to 100% completion in White 2 as I can. I got the max trainer card already, and I'm slowly working towards medals (I don't expect to get every one of them, or even get very close, but I'd like to get as many as I can), and right now my main goal is to have every Dream World Pokemon as a female before the Global Link goes down.
---
If you actively hate Justin Bieber... then you don't know what "intended audience" means. Hate Twilight instead, it's far worse.