This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I need help on finding which Pokemon Emerald cartridge is real.

#31BerserkLeonPosted 7/13/2013 8:25:05 PM
Chenmaster2 posted...
I see I need the order number if I want to return it.

I would imagine that's the same as eBay, if you find out it's counterfeit they would have to give you a refund, unless maybe if they say NO RETURNS but I don't even know if you're allowed to do that on amazon.
#32FuneralCakePosted 7/13/2013 8:25:13 PM
BerserkLeon posted...
Wait until the chinese stop making clones of the damned things

Which will probably not be for a while, unfortunately.

I mean, it is still nice to have two of the games, since one of them is pretty much just storage/cloning utility. But like I said, I never play it. I probably will sell it eventually, but just not anytime soon.

MrFingers07 posted...
I thought you loved being a terrible person, why the ">__<" face?

Because I don't actually love being a terrible person. How dare you even say that...

NekoHime64 posted...
I can trade you Crystal, Yellow, Ruby, or pokemon puzzle for gbc if you're interested....

I have all of those, unfortunately. :l

Like I said, if I wasn't such a terrible person, I really would like to sell it to someone who really wants it, but I kind of have a difficult time letting things go. It's one of my "things." Quirks, flaws, whatever.
---
THAT'S MISS FUNERAL CAKE TO YOU
love me like it's prom night
#33NekoHime64Posted 7/13/2013 8:27:21 PM
FuneralCake posted...
BerserkLeon posted...
Wait until the chinese stop making clones of the damned things

Which will probably not be for a while, unfortunately.

I mean, it is still nice to have two of the games, since one of them is pretty much just storage/cloning utility. But like I said, I never play it. I probably will sell it eventually, but just not anytime soon.

MrFingers07 posted...
I thought you loved being a terrible person, why the ">__<" face?

Because I don't actually love being a terrible person. How dare you even say that...

NekoHime64 posted...
I can trade you Crystal, Yellow, Ruby, or pokemon puzzle for gbc if you're interested....

I have all of those, unfortunately. :l

Like I said, if I wasn't such a terrible person, I really would like to sell it to someone who really wants it, but I kind of have a difficult time letting things go. It's one of my "things." Quirks, flaws, whatever.

Damn. I have ruby and all the legends, so I technically don't need it, but I'd love to play it again... And hey, I thought you hated gen 3?
---
Unofficial Sneasel of anything ever.
"I'm a girl btw." - TherianReturns
#34Chenmaster2(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2013 8:28:25 PM
Crap if I need a full refund they need to be unopened and still in their plastic wrap.

Is this true with Amazon?
---
Swag. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pKDsdzODv0
#35BerserkLeonPosted 7/13/2013 8:38:53 PM(edited)
Chenmaster2 posted...
Crap if I need a full refund they need to be unopened and still in their plastic wrap.

Is this true with Amazon?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?ie=UTF8&nodeId=15015721

additionally the seller can apparently stipulate whatever the heck they want, so ask them about their returns/refunds policies.

Edit: also common sense should apply. If the game didn't come in original packaging you can't possibly return it in original packaging. As long as its in the same condition as when you got it I don't see a problem.

If you want to wait I've bothered to contact Amazon customer support and asked them what I should do if I spot a fake in pictures given to me of the product before I buy, and what to do if I receive a fake product... but their CS seems to take a few days to respond.
#36BerserkLeonPosted 7/14/2013 2:53:52 PM
I was wrong, I didn't think I'd get a response on a weekend... but anyway~
If you receive a counterfeit item, you can report it here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/reports
as a violation of their rules.
Listing ID is optional.
When you do this Amazon will send the seller a message on your behalf, regarding your concern.
Amazon will give them 2 business days to resolve your issue, if the seller does not respond within 2 business days, Amazon will file a claim against them and take care of your reimbursement.

Though it looks like that link is for reporting items you've already ordered, I imagine you can get the seller in trouble if you report their listing ID, if you find out their item is fake before purchasing.

There is nothing a seller can do to prohibit you from getting a refund for a counterfeit item. The normal returns policy doesn't really apply.
#37AlzM8Posted 7/14/2013 3:13:10 PM
You should try the UK Ebay...I am sure there are plenty of real Emerald cartridges for cheaper than you mentioned.
---
I need some some paper and a pen.
#38pkmnpkmnPosted 7/14/2013 3:43:11 PM
As someone who owns a real emerald cartridge from 2005, I strongly recommend vba for the turbo button.
---
The Offical Groudon Oof the POkemon Black and White 2 Boards.
#39BerserkLeonPosted 7/14/2013 4:46:41 PM
AlzM8 posted...
You should try the UK Ebay...I am sure there are plenty of real Emerald cartridges for cheaper than you mentioned.

Yes, eBay's cheaper, even US ebay is cheaper.
But the OP said he didnt have an ebay account or a paypal account and didn't want to bother with them.

I used to prefer amazon too, but since I know what to look for on eBay now I use it more.
Also,
pkmnpkmn posted...
As someone who owns a real emerald cartridge from 2005, I strongly recommend vba for the turbo button.

I would recommend that too if he's just playing it to play it, but if he wants to transfer pokemon at all he'll need the real cartridge.
I personally use (a device I'm not allowed to talk about here) on my DS, a program for it that can backup and restore GBA Games/saves, and VBA. Play on vba with turbo, get lots of pokemon/progress, export battery file, put battery file on device, flash battery file to real cart.... PROFIT!!!
#40jackenbu2Posted 7/14/2013 6:08:51 PM
I say, send them both to me and I will figure it out and send you the fake one back.

Just kidding. It can be really hard to tell sometimes to be honest.