This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which generation had the best gym designs/layouts?

#1EternalNetherPosted 7/13/2013 10:10:53 PM(edited)
Assuming each generation encompasses all gyms from all versions (and sequels) within the generation? - Results (231 votes)
Gen 1 (Red, Blue, Yellow)
3.03% (7 votes)
Gen 2 (Gold, Silver, Crystal)
8.23% (19 votes)
Gen 3 (Ruby, Sapphire, Crystal)
33.33% (77 votes)
Gen 4 (Diamond, Pearl, Platinum)
9.52% (22 votes)
Gen 5 (Black, White, Black 2, White 2)
45.89% (106 votes)
This poll is now closed.
For me Gen 5 wins easily, but other opinions may differ. Please explain in a post below so we can keep a discussion going. Gen 5 won for me because they used the more 3 dimensional graphics to their advantage to create some really awesome gyms.

EDIT: NOOOOOOO! I made a mistake, and Gamefaqs stupidly doesn't let you change Poll answers, though you can change the rest of the post. Whatever, if you guys don't get my point there's something seriously wrong with you.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0619-3902-4035
Pokemon White Friend Code:0433-9592-2992
#2NekoHime64Posted 7/13/2013 10:08:52 PM
"Ruby, Sapphire, Crystal"?
---
Unofficial Sneasel of anything ever.
"I'm a girl btw." - TherianReturns
#3yoshirulezzPosted 7/13/2013 10:12:31 PM
Alot of gyms in D/P/PT ****ed me off. Especially Candice or the 4th hokage's.
---
"It's too late... for me to undo my mistakes. But you can't let Xemnas... have Kingdom Hearts. You can't."
#4XazealPosted 7/13/2013 10:25:04 PM
I usually hate on Gen V because of the region, but they really got the gyms right. It seems like each gen, they put more and more effort into the gym designs. I also think Gen V had by far the best rooms for the E4.

Humilau Gym is my favorite gym of all time, and Castelia Gym in BW2 is up there too.
#5iKhanicPosted 7/13/2013 10:56:14 PM
Lol at all you people picking 5. Of the gens I've played, 2, but I have a feeling gen 3 will do a better job.

Gen 5's gyms were beautiful, but that's it. It completely failed to take advantage of the 3D visuals, and as a result, every gym but draydens was pitifully easy (I actually found draydens gym easy as well, but I can see how it would be challenging.) Hopefully gen VI can fix the fake puzzle problem skyla and elesa's gym had, and give us gyms on par with Pryce and Clair.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
Dictator of the Zelda Wii U Board
#6themegaman7Posted 7/14/2013 12:14:56 AM
Even I though I didn't find HG/SS as good a remake as most people seem to do, I recall the gym layouts were very good in that game.
---
3DS FC: 0817-3836-3544 - PSN: Expa0
- The official Doppelganger of SMT IV boards -
#7FuneralCakePosted 7/14/2013 12:18:47 AM
3 cuz gen 3 wuz da best and everthing frum ther wuz da bes
---
THAT'S MISS FUNERAL CAKE TO YOU
love me like it's prom night
#8AlI_About_The_UPosted 7/14/2013 12:27:48 AM
This is how you know when the Hoennbabies are not up from their bedtimes yet.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Fd6pTd6.jpg
#9MyNameIsNotJenPosted 7/14/2013 12:38:36 AM
Obviously Gen V, no contest. My favorite Gym from Gen V is Elesa's BW Gym with the roller coasters!
And I do agree that they just get better each time. Looking forward to Gen VI Gyms :D
---
Yeah in the club it's getting ugly I don't care can't nobody stop the fire let 'em haters sit and stare
#10iKhanicPosted 7/14/2013 1:26:04 AM
MyNameIsNotJen posted...
Obviously Gen V, no contest. My favorite Gym from Gen V is Elesa's BW Gym with the roller coasters!
And I do agree that they just get better each time. Looking forward to Gen VI Gyms :D

Did you also like Misty, Falkner, and Bugsy's gyms? Because they were the same as Elesa's gym. The only difference was that Elesa's was adorned with roller coasters. But it's the same idea, walk forward on the only existing path and fight trainers until you reach the gym leader.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
Dictator of the Zelda Wii U Board