This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which generation had the best gym designs/layouts?

#21iKhanicPosted 7/14/2013 7:02:00 AM
MyNameIsNotJen posted...
iKhanic posted...
MyNameIsNotJen posted...
Obviously Gen V, no contest. My favorite Gym from Gen V is Elesa's BW Gym with the roller coasters!
And I do agree that they just get better each time. Looking forward to Gen VI Gyms :D

Did you also like Misty, Falkner, and Bugsy's gyms? Because they were the same as Elesa's gym. The only difference was that Elesa's was adorned with roller coasters. But it's the same idea, walk forward on the only existing path and fight trainers until you reach the gym leader.

Yeah, exactly! Which is why I liked it.

Which makes me question how your statement is even relevant? Misty had a boardwalk. Falkner had diverging paths. Bugsy had a forest! How on earth are they even the same?

They all had a straightforward path that was impossible to do wrong.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
Dictator of the Zelda Wii U Board
#22Mudkip43Posted 7/14/2013 7:16:47 AM
Someone please tell me how Gen 3 has great gym designs..
---
1249 6550 4063 Black 2 FC
#23NejiHyuga900Posted 7/14/2013 7:41:01 AM
Gen 5. Roller coasters in a gym!!! :D Cannonball to the sky!
---
Xbox/Windows LIVE Gamertag & Nintendo Network ID: TDPNeji | Steam ID: NejiHyuga900
I am a thunder dragon. Hear me roar thunder and breath out lightning!
#24XazealPosted 7/14/2013 7:48:00 AM
iKhanic posted...
MyNameIsNotJen posted...
iKhanic posted...
MyNameIsNotJen posted...
Obviously Gen V, no contest. My favorite Gym from Gen V is Elesa's BW Gym with the roller coasters!
And I do agree that they just get better each time. Looking forward to Gen VI Gyms :D

Did you also like Misty, Falkner, and Bugsy's gyms? Because they were the same as Elesa's gym. The only difference was that Elesa's was adorned with roller coasters. But it's the same idea, walk forward on the only existing path and fight trainers until you reach the gym leader.

Which makes me question how your statement is even relevant? Misty had a boardwalk. Falkner had diverging paths. Bugsy had a forest! How on earth are they even the same?

Some of us care more about the visuals of the gym and not the puzzles, though.

Let's face it, all the puzzles are either so easy that they can be done blindfolded, or just annoying and time consuming. I don't think I particularly like any of them, so I go purely by how beautiful the gym looks.
#25iKhanicPosted 7/14/2013 7:51:40 AM
Xazeal posted...
iKhanic posted...
MyNameIsNotJen posted...
iKhanic posted...
MyNameIsNotJen posted...

Some of us care more about the visuals of the gym and not the puzzles, though.

Let's face it, all the puzzles are either so easy that they can be done blindfolded, or just annoying and time consuming. I don't think I particularly like any of them, so I go purely by how beautiful the gym looks.

Meh, I never found any to be annoying and time consuming. But I like to get some remote feeling that I'm figuring something out. A good example of that is Clair's gym. No it's not particularly hard, but there are parts you have to think just a bit.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
Dictator of the Zelda Wii U Board
#26chubawakePosted 7/14/2013 7:57:33 AM
Eh, they're all kind of the same to me. I guess Gen V because of the visuals and unique themes in BW2.
---
But hey, that's just me.
#27CharizardFirePosted 7/14/2013 8:14:12 AM
Gen 5, definitely.
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
#28P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 7/14/2013 8:29:22 AM
Alright, this poll makes no sense. And yes,m this is coming from a Gen III fanboy. Guys, just because it's your favorite gen doesn't mean it wins everything; the gyms were sub par at best...
---
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
#29EternalNether(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2013 9:07:35 AM
This poll turned out far more exciting than I thought it would. Cool.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0619-3902-4035
Pokemon White Friend Code:0433-9592-2992
#30surferguy7Posted 7/14/2013 9:27:21 AM
Are we seriously voting for Gen 5? As much as I love my eye candy, the only gyms in terms of actual puzzle design that stuck out were Drayden, Brycen, B/W2 Clay, and B/W2 Marlon.

Not to say that every other Gen 5 gym was bad, it's just that most puzzles involved a straight path with maybe one or two places that have room for an inconsequential mistake.
---
This is the internet, all opinions are considered invalid.