This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

OAK: There's a time and a place for everything! But not now.

#1SocranPosted 7/14/2013 2:57:05 AM
I hope Sycamore uses the Holo Caster to pop in out of nowhere to say this every time you try to use a bike indoors. It's so much funnier than simply "remembering" that's what he said.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#2javel34Posted 7/14/2013 2:58:39 AM
I've always hated that message. A simple don't ******* do that would suffice, but they get all biblical.
---
Black 2 FC: 3569 1730 6208 http://zettai-cosplay.deviantart.com/art/Skyla-Cosplay-244148531 my wife. Doesn't count Tiger, this ones real.
#3TherianReturnsPosted 7/14/2013 3:01:39 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#4hyperdimeduckPosted 7/14/2013 3:52:58 AM
Ever since I was little I thought they were spying on you or something. xD.
---
3DS FC: 4682-8590-2294
Official Jack Frost of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#5XWolfOPosted 7/14/2013 3:56:08 AM(edited)
That was supposed to be remembering? I thought that Oak put some spying device on you and just told you that every time you'd try to use something when you couldn't.
---
Don't hesitate. When the time comes, just act.
#6Socran(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2013 5:01:32 AM
XWolfO posted...
That was supposed to be remembering? I thought that Oak put some spying device on you and just told you that every time you'd try to use something when you couldn't.

Later games/remakes changed it to something like "Oak's voice echoes in your thoughts" instead of just "OAK:". Although I suppose he could be psychically invading your mind, which explains how he knows about your illicit biking.

But yeah, I would love for it to turn out that there was some spying device on you, and a holographic projection of the professor pops out of nowhere.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#7Kumori_no_YoruPosted 7/14/2013 5:32:10 AM
javel34 posted...
I've always hated that message. A simple don't ******* do that would suffice, but they get all biblical.

Seriously.

Though the notion of Oak installing some device to spy on you seems rather amusing. I sort of just imagined him to happen to be nearby when that message popped up in the first games.
---
PSN: Neophoton | NA 3DS: 2277-6964-8962 | JP 3DS: 2509-0978-4639
Currently playing: The Last of Us, Muramasa Rebirth