This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You know what I noticed about these "Genwunners"?

#1jakovuPosted 7/14/2013 6:10:27 AM
Nearly 95% percent of their "arguments" revolve around the designs of the Pokémon themselves, while completely ignoring the OTHER advances we've made form Gen 1. Breeding, the splitting of the Special stat, abilities, the physical-special split, and of course, graphical advancements.
#2LightningAce11Posted 7/14/2013 6:11:54 AM
Of course. They have virtually no argument, so they resort to something like design when most of it is better than what they're defending. Just look at fritz.
---
PLEASE STOP WHINING ABOUT THE NEW POKEMON
Swiggity swag I'm a stag
#3jakovu(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2013 6:13:46 AM
The one exception (which wasn't necessarily a "Genwunner", just someone who hated X/Y) that I can remember is when someone said they hated X/Y because they're in 3D. As if he still expects people to make 2D games anymore.
#4scitch1Posted 7/14/2013 6:23:57 AM
i hate the term genwunners lol i come from gen 1 and have loved every game since , sure theres pokemon i dont like but i just ignore and dont use them lol , people just complain for the hell of it

no matter what gamefreak or nintendo choose to do / add to pokemon people will moan like little kids
---
PSN = scott_2781
3DS friend code = 3969 3933 8945
#5AlzM8Posted 7/14/2013 6:36:36 AM
You're not a genwunner then...
I started in Gen 1, that doesn't make me a genwunner.
---
I need some some paper and a pen.
#6AysanderPosted 7/14/2013 6:42:02 AM
scitch1 posted...
i hate the term genwunners lol i come from gen 1 and have loved every game since , sure theres pokemon i dont like but i just ignore and dont use them lol , people just complain for the hell of it

no matter what gamefreak or nintendo choose to do / add to pokemon people will moan like little kids

Yeah....Genwunner = people who claim there's no way the current generation will ever be better than gen 1-2 and tries their hardest to make sure other people don't forget it, even though in the long run they end up sounding like self-important babies.
#75ky_4nth3mPosted 7/14/2013 7:15:25 AM
jakovu posted...
The one exception (which wasn't necessarily a "Genwunner", just someone who hated X/Y) that I can remember is when someone said they hated X/Y because they're in 3D. As if he still expects people to make 2D games anymore.

even more ridiculous than that - and i mean ridiculous to the point of being actually funny - is how some ppl had their head stuck in their *** to the point of complaining that the new games were gonna be released for the 3DS instead of being kept in a dead system (DS) just because they couldn't afford or simply didn't want to buy (usually because they didn't even consider the 3DS a new console but a simple upgrade from the original DS) the latest console.

even though i don't hear anyone complaining about that anymore there was a considerable amount of ppl doing so before (new gen versus gen3 remakes speculation period) and right after X/Y were officially announced.
---
3DS FC: 1504-6073-5046
#8BadDecisionsPosted 7/14/2013 7:22:49 AM
Everybody knows the game itself has evolved a lot since the first generation, so it's not really worth mentioning.
The objection is to the character design, not the core mechanics. That's why people always complain about, get this,
the character design.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSLJJDRA-jQ
Rate and subscribe. Very good best videos all the day!
#9Kumori_no_YoruPosted 7/14/2013 7:27:39 AM
AlzM8 posted...
You're not a genwunner then...
I started in Gen 1, that doesn't make me a genwunner.

Pretty much this.

I enjoy a lot of first gen designs, but I feel the series improved overall.
---
PSN: Neophoton | NA 3DS: 2277-6964-8962 | JP 3DS: 2509-0978-4639
Currently playing: The Last of Us, Muramasa Rebirth
#10AccrovideogamesPosted 7/14/2013 7:52:28 AM
5ky_4nth3m posted...
even more ridiculous than that - and i mean ridiculous to the point of being actually funny - is how some ppl had their head stuck in their *** to the point of complaining that the new games were gonna be released for the 3DS instead of being kept in a dead system (DS) just because they couldn't afford or simply didn't want to buy (usually because they didn't even consider the 3DS a new console but a simple upgrade from the original DS) the latest console.

I did the opposite, I complained that the fifth generation was going to be on a dying system (DS) instead of the new one (3DS). Prior to the fifth one, every new generations were released on a new system. RGBY were on GB, GSC were on GBC, RSE and FRLG were on GBA, DPP and HGSS were on DS and BW and BW2 were on DS again instead of 3DS.
---
I'm French speaking.
23, Male, Quebec