This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You know what I noticed about these "Genwunners"?

#11reannamatorPosted 7/14/2013 8:00:31 AM
Nostalgia goggles... just nostalgia goggles.

I have a lot of love for the wonder and excitement I experienced playing Pokemon Blue. I'm always trying to reclaim that emotion and very often the newest games do that for me. Maybe it depends on when the trainer originally played the games? When Red and Blue came out, I was already fifteen, by "normal" people's assumptions already "too old" for Pokemon, especially in the franchise's early days when there wasn't really an established adult fanbase.

*shrugs* Who knows. I've only met a genwunner in real life and as it was at my workplace and he was a customer, I declined my instinct to debate with him.
#12Zabie_WPosted 7/14/2013 8:03:23 AM
I also come from Gen 1 and though that Gen 1-2 where the best generations...until Gen 5 came

I did not like Gen 3 and 4 desings. I simply don't like a lot of pokemons of those generations, of course there are exceptions like Gardevoir, Giratina and Leafeon, but for the most part, I did not like the designs or the pacing of those games. Breeding was a cool adition, Special stat split is good (Although I complained a lot about that when I was a kid because some pokemon where much weaker with that...yeah, that's the idea).

However, I've always been on the fence regarding the physical-special split. I can understand it, but I don't really like it :/

And then Gen 5 came with their unlimited TMs and with LOTS of pokémon that I simply love. Gen 6, some of the first pokemon that where showed, I really didn't like them that much, but the new ones are getting better. The Gen 6 pokémons that I like the less are Noivern, Talonflame, the whole panda line and Helioptile, the rest of them, from pretty ok to i love them (Inkay and Malimar are my favourites). When it comes to graphics, I honestly don't care that much. My favourite pokemon game is LeafGreen, and it definitely does not have the best graphics, but I don't really care.
#13KaitoKazePosted 7/14/2013 8:04:03 AM
Accrovideogames posted...
5ky_4nth3m posted...
even more ridiculous than that - and i mean ridiculous to the point of being actually funny - is how some ppl had their head stuck in their *** to the point of complaining that the new games were gonna be released for the 3DS instead of being kept in a dead system (DS) just because they couldn't afford or simply didn't want to buy (usually because they didn't even consider the 3DS a new console but a simple upgrade from the original DS) the latest console.

I did the opposite, I complained that the fifth generation was going to be on a dying system (DS) instead of the new one (3DS). Prior to the fifth one, every new generations were released on a new system. RGBY were on GB, GSC were on GBC, RSE and FRLG were on GBA, DPP and HGSS were on DS and BW and BW2 were on DS again instead of 3DS.

Okay, people keep saying that, but I think it's stupid that that even counts.

The GBC was not a new system. The difference between the GB and the GBC is the same as the difference between the DS and the DS Lite. They play the exact same games (with the exception of Crystal), use the exact same method of communication between consoles, and don't add any non-cosmetic changes to the games.

They're not different systems, they're just upgrades.
---
Honedge is the greatest addition to Pokemon ever
Pokemon White FC: 2194-3207-8738
#14AurawhispererPosted 7/14/2013 8:23:18 AM
You know what I've realized about this board?
Everyone is a hypocrite; exluding the reg users that I've seen since gen 4.

Everyone has an opinion, everyone has their likes and dislikes, and this board screws that convept up because of bandwagoneers.

I can go into depth explaination, but if the left side of the brain works, you'll get what I'm saying.

Also, this site is in its own little world. Don't know what a genwunner is outside of it, other than the fact it was made up by some 3 year old
---
It's funny how so many immature imbeciles on here try hard hating me. You think I care, yet I don't.
Try harder kid. You amuse me :)
#15RudokuPosted 7/14/2013 9:02:36 AM
You know what? I've never seen or heard from a "genwunner" in my life. If anything, the Gen 2 guys are the one's I hear from.
---
Magical Scientist is more perfect than EotS because you get to shoot dinosaurs out of a turtle.
#16spooky96Posted 7/14/2013 9:06:12 AM
scitch1 posted...
i hate the term genwunners lol i come from gen 1 and have loved every game since , sure theres pokemon i dont like but i just ignore and dont use them lol , people just complain for the hell of it

no matter what gamefreak or nintendo choose to do / add to pokemon people will moan like little kids

This.

And I'm pretty sure that TC is young, I mean surely isn't in his 20s. Though of course this is internet, people can hide their age easily.
#17D_BartPosted 7/14/2013 9:10:00 AM
Aurawhisperer posted...

Also, this site is in its own little world. Don't know what a genwunner is outside of it, other than the fact it was made up by some 3 year old

Y'all need to internet more kid.
---
Splash
#18JarickoPosted 7/14/2013 9:10:09 AM
Accrovideogames posted...
5ky_4nth3m posted...
even more ridiculous than that - and i mean ridiculous to the point of being actually funny - is how some ppl had their head stuck in their *** to the point of complaining that the new games were gonna be released for the 3DS instead of being kept in a dead system (DS) just because they couldn't afford or simply didn't want to buy (usually because they didn't even consider the 3DS a new console but a simple upgrade from the original DS) the latest console.

I did the opposite, I complained that the fifth generation was going to be on a dying system (DS) instead of the new one (3DS). Prior to the fifth one, every new generations were released on a new system. RGBY were on GB, GSC were on GBC, RSE and FRLG were on GBA, DPP and HGSS were on DS and BW and BW2 were on DS again instead of 3DS.

No that was a smart move by gamefreak. The 3ds at the time had not hit its popularity yet. They decided to ease into the system slower and keep more sales while the 3ds system sold more. That is not a bad business decision for that game. Since like December though it seems as though the 3ds has hit that special spot it needs to be to be a major system seller.
---
Rotom Fan With an Air Balloon
YO DOG i heard you like yo Rotom's High. So i gave it a balloon so it can be fly while he high while he way up in the sky! Dog!
#19AurawhispererPosted 7/14/2013 9:15:37 AM
Y'all need to internet more kid.

More like you need to go outside more, sunshine.

Kid... Pah, old enough to be your older brother. Least I'm not making up these stupid cache phrases
---
Countdown to pokemon X & Y and PS4.
Burn Black and White.
#20D_BartPosted 7/14/2013 9:18:38 AM
Aurawhisperer posted...

Kid... Pah, old enough to be your older brother.

I like where this is going.
---
Splash