This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You know what I noticed about these "Genwunners"?

#21EternalNetherPosted 7/14/2013 9:19:04 AM
I started on Gen 1. Played it for a few hundred hours when I was a little kid. It captivated me like no game ever has. That said I'd consider it the second worst generation now. It simply didn't age well in terms of game mechanics, Pokemon numbers and designs (some are still great), story pacing, world design, graphics, etc.

My favorite Gen is V, for taking the formula we've had for so long and refining it to essential perfection with Black 2/White 2. Plus Unova is just an amazing region. The battles feel more alive with animated sprites and a dynamic camera, the story across both games is extremely well done for Pokemon, and lots of other reasons. I have a feeling Gen VI will top it though.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0619-3902-4035
Pokemon White Friend Code:0433-9592-2992
#22Shadow_StarWolfPosted 7/14/2013 9:24:36 AM
I don't think genwunner means liking first gen. It's mostly referring to ignorant people.

Hell, genwunners aren't even Pokemon fans. They're fans of nostalgia.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZOdcN.png
We Are XROS HEART!
#23reannamatorPosted 7/14/2013 9:26:20 AM
Shadow_StarWolf posted...
I don't think genwunner means liking first gen. It's mostly referring to ignorant people.

I think that's a bit harsh. They're a different kind of Pokemon fan and no matter how irrational their convictions and how vitriolic they get, I wouldn't say that our disagreement means they're any less of a fan than I.
#24Kagayaku08Posted 7/14/2013 9:38:56 AM
Aurawhisperer posted...
You know what I've realized about this board?
Everyone is a hypocrite; exluding the reg users that I've seen since gen 4.

Everyone has an opinion, everyone has their likes and dislikes, and this board screws that convept up because of bandwagoneers.

I can go into depth explaination, but if the left side of the brain works, you'll get what I'm saying.

Also, this site is in its own little world. Don't know what a genwunner is outside of it, other than the fact it was made up by some 3 year old

I really get tired of the "opinion" excuse. Yes, every one has an opinion, we all know that. The problem is when you broadcast your opinion and it doesn't stand under scrutiny, is said opinion worth having or is it better to change?

People act as if minds cannot be changed, that some opinions aren't ill-informed. Thats the point of discussion; to strengthen our opinions. We talk and think about our notions and, hopefully, make changes for the better. Stop acting like people can't question others.

Is making fun of them the best way of going about it? No, but its not like the "genwunners" aren't making fun of those who do like the character designs of later games. So we end up with rampant immaturity, but thats the nature of game boards.
---
nobody owes you anything but a roll of the eye, a kick in the ass, and gaffaw at how much you suck
#25AurawhispererPosted 7/14/2013 9:46:04 AM
@ kaga

I encourage you to be a preacher of this board, because this board is a lost cause until the games are released.

Because when the games are released, it will be then the discussion about how poor gen 5 was made, blah blah blah.

It gets old. I've adapted to it, but the stupidity and immaturity becomes real irritating
---
Countdown to pokemon X & Y and PS4.
Burn Black and White.
#26legitgamer405Posted 7/14/2013 11:23:26 AM
To Genwunners: Don't like the game? Then don't play them and shut up.
---
3DS FC: 1564-2580-9641
#27legitgamer405Posted 7/14/2013 11:24:55 AM
Shadow_StarWolf posted...

Genwunners are people who only like the first gen (and possible second and third as well) and claim that all other generations suck. Liking the first gen only isn't a problem, as long as you don't hate on it.
---
3DS FC: 1564-2580-9641
#28X_Ayumi_XPosted 7/14/2013 11:34:07 AM
jakovu posted...
Nearly 95% percent of their "arguments" revolve around the designs of the Pokémon themselves, while completely ignoring the OTHER advances we've made form Gen 1. Breeding, the splitting of the Special stat, abilities, the physical-special split, and of course, graphical advancements.

To be fair...

Breeding was/is awesome, especially when you want the full starter evolution for your PC Box... unless you start the game over 8 more time like I did a few times in the past.

Special Stats... eh... can live with or without it.
Abilities. I would say I could live with or without them, but I like to know that Gengar doesn't get hurt by Earthquake no more like he used to on Pocket Monsters Stadium when Tauros used it... or Nidoking

Physical-Special... eh...

Graphical advancements, do Genwunners say Fire Red and Leaf Green suck? I'm just wondering.
---
GT: Ayumi Spender ~~~~~~~~~~ PS0: 4597 9585 4793
Only talk to me when I order you to.
#29AankheinPosted 7/14/2013 11:42:11 AM
You know what I notice about these clowns who bash Genwunners?

They are 16-year-old kids who can't understand that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and that opinions exist.

I personally think nothing matches Gen 1, and that only Gen 2 comes close.
---
Aankhein-e-Tajdar
#30X_Ayumi_XPosted 7/14/2013 11:45:52 AM
Aankhein posted...
You know what I notice about these clowns who bash Genwunners?

They are 16-year-old kids who can't understand that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and that opinions exist.

I personally think nothing matches Gen 1, and that only Gen 2 comes close.

Gen V
---
GT: Ayumi Spender ~~~~~~~~~~ PS0: 4597 9585 4793
Only talk to me when I order you to.