This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do people on this board love Gen 3 so much?

#1ChiefColePosted 7/14/2013 6:26:10 AM
Why?
#2HydreigoonPosted 7/14/2013 6:32:55 AM
Because of the many users are new age Pokemon fans, being in their teens while the older ones are in their 20s and such.

I like Hoenn cause I think Hoenn was a pretty cool region, and has my favorite Pokemon in it.
---
Games playing: Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch, Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3
LoL IGN: 0mnip0tent, previously known as Wyrm Wrath and Hydreigoon.
#3LexifoxPosted 7/14/2013 6:56:51 AM
I like it because they were fun games and a welcome breath of fresh air after Gen 2.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#4MidnightCrewPosted 7/14/2013 7:03:47 AM
I like it because when I was a kid, we didn't have a lot of money, gen 3 was really the first time I could afford a console while people were still playing its games. I got Ruby and my best friend got Sapphire and we'd play pokemon together for hours on end. I guess I like gen 3 mostly because it brings back good memories like that. :)

It's not my favourite gen, though~ At the moment that's gen 5, which brought my favourite Pokemon, Scrafty~
---
Official Scrafty Of The Black And White Clan, Official Misdreavus of The BW 2 Boards. Official Lorelei of the BW 2 Boards.
#5harle1012000Posted 7/14/2013 7:07:02 AM
It's the younger people who grew up on it. Plus it's cool to hate Gen 1+2 now because those are "old peoples" games. Well, that and Genwunners ruined it a bit.

I personally hated Gen 3 since it took out many things added in Gen 2 (day/night for one).
Plus all the water and anti-stall.

The abilities and natures were a nice idea though.
---
If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, be sure to check the enclosed instruction book
#6EnferolunosPosted 7/14/2013 7:10:07 AM
Because opinions
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFXV, KHIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#7KillerMechanoidPosted 7/14/2013 7:10:40 AM
I loved it because of the areas (Volcano and Desert FTW) and new pokemon. I didn't find the water annoying, just used Repel. The only thing that I hated was Zigzagoon being found everywhere in R/S, though Emerald fixed that.
#8GATTJTPosted 7/14/2013 7:11:48 AM
I liked RSE because the region was fantastic, I really like a lot of the pokemon, the colors are very vibrant, and it has the best random battle theme in the entire Pokemon series.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_xjBAd5G84
#9Balamb00Posted 7/14/2013 7:20:25 AM
Honestly I have no idea why Gen 3 is loved so much. I liked it, don't get me wrong, but there was something about it that didn't sit right with me. It reminded me of some new age take on the series. It was completely different than anything we have seen before in Pokemon. But mainly I feel it's what Hydreigoon posted.

Gen 1 was the original. Very plain and basic.
Gen 2 had a quaint mysterious feel to the Region. With all its wooded villages and myths and legends. The region felt unique.
Gen 3 I agree was a breath of fresh air. It had more of a "happy go lucky" feel to it than any region before or after. Maybe that's why. Water Routes agitated me beyond belief. (Sorry)
Gen 4 had a great region with all the lakes (which were too small for my liking. Exploring wise), the mountain that looms right in the center. Your hike through the snow. But it still managed to be my least favorite Gen.
Gen 5 did it right. The gen I loved the most. It rekindled my love for Pokemon. There are some areas I dread to travel through but still with the Pokemon, the music and the region. This is number 1 IMO.
Gen 6 looks to be taking a play from the Sinnoh region but with even a bit more diversity between areas. I'm liking it.
#10JoJoX200Posted 7/14/2013 7:24:18 AM(edited)
Music, many of the pokemon(including my fave Medicham), the diversity of the region and good memories. I'm no fan of the Gen3 tilesets, but that's all, really. And that's why I like it. I love all gens tough, so yeah...

Too bad my Sapphire and Emerald both have no battery anymore so I can't rebattle trainers. Actually... Can that be fixed with the berry fix?