This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do people on this board love Gen 3 so much?

#11Mudkip43Posted 7/14/2013 7:27:52 AM
Because a lot of people here started with it.. I started with Gold and Silver Version when I was five and then I got Pokemon Blue shortly after. I don't see what's so good about Gen 3 my team was always bland .
---
1249 6550 4063 Black 2 FC
#12spooky96Posted 7/14/2013 7:34:43 AM
What? People here like B/W B2/W2 way more.

>Stupidly implying that this place if full of 7 year olds.
#13P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 7/14/2013 7:42:09 AM
I'm on my iPod, so I can't write much, but the question should be why don't people like Gen 3? The games were amazing, the Dex was on of the best in the series, and it had the best region.

And no, it's not because we're all "Hoennbabies", which is a dumbass term that annoys me just as much as genwunners, because I started with Gen I, as did many of the other Gen III lovers on this board
---
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
#14I_AbibdePosted 7/14/2013 7:45:09 AM
*ponders*

I credit the GBA SP as a major reason why I enjoy Hoenn. Full-color graphics + backlighting + rechargeable battery = hours and hours of fun.
---
-- I Abibde / Samuraiter
Laughing at Game FAQs since 2002.
#15fahademonPosted 7/14/2013 7:46:35 AM
Hydreigoon posted...
Because of the many users are new age Pokemon fans, being in their teens while the older ones are in their 20s and such.

Not true.I'm 13 and started with blue,not any gen3 game.

But I do love Hoenn since I enjoyed my recent emerald playthrough a lot.
---
There will come a day when I shoot myself in the head for saying this.-TVirusPredator
Waiting for:Jump Stars Victory Vs,Pokemon X/Y,Digimon Re:Digitize(3DS).
#16KhemikooliganPosted 7/14/2013 7:49:20 AM
fahademon posted...
Hydreigoon posted...
Because of the many users are new age Pokemon fans, being in their teens while the older ones are in their 20s and such.

Not true.I'm 13

UAU
#17chubawakePosted 7/14/2013 7:51:05 AM
It has my favourite overall Pokemon designs, as well as region concept (not so much execution). I love all generations, though (never got the "hate" thing since they're all the same), so there isn't much difference for me in the end.

Started with Gen I, since apparently that matters. Also prefer Gen V (I think).
---
But hey, that's just me.
#18kuroigaiaPosted 7/14/2013 7:52:00 AM
To me, the hoenn region is unique,so much water, hated tentacool for that. Other that the endless amount of water, the land feels very nice, like fortree city for example. My favorite game should be gen 5, and I don't hate other games, each of them are very unique. I was close to hating red version because i was stuck at vermilion city, after the ss anne left. Stuck there for a week, with a level 40+ charizard. With that level, I moped the other gyms.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC 0176-0750-6783
#19fahademonPosted 7/14/2013 7:58:44 AM
Khemikooligan posted...
fahademon posted...
Hydreigoon posted...

Not true.I'm 13

UAU

UAU is 12-.
---
There will come a day when I shoot myself in the head for saying this.-TVirusPredator
Waiting for:Jump Stars Victory Vs,Pokemon X/Y,Digimon Re:Digitize(3DS).
#20reannamatorPosted 7/14/2013 8:06:11 AM
Gen 3 brought me back into Pokemon. After playing Silver obsessively, I fell out of Pokemon and missed Crystal entirely. I picked up Pokemon Ruby when Emerald was about to come out. And I knew nothing about this new generation of Pokemon, so going from Game Boy Color to Game Boy Advance suddenly and walking into long grass and actually having no idea what I'd encounter was really revitalizing.

It makes me wish I had the willpower to avoid spoilers when a new generation was coming out...