This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do people on this board love Gen 3 so much?

#31P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 7/14/2013 7:36:01 AM
GATTJT posted...
What's wrong about that?

My brain might not be working right today, but isn't he saying that we should hate Gen 3? He meant to say "I see no reason to hate Gen 3", but that 'not' makes the sentence mean the opposite of what he meant.

That's absolutely correct, and I missed that when I read his post :) My bad.
---
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
#32GATTJTPosted 7/14/2013 7:36:37 AM
That's absolutely correct, and I missed that when I read his post :) My bad.

It's all good, amigo.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_xjBAd5G84
#33KitschgardenerPosted 7/14/2013 7:41:41 AM
It's not because of nostalgia for me anyway - I only got into Gen III a year or two ago (having played the last three gens in reverse chronological order). I love Gen III for its tropical archipelago setting (with obligatory pirates), the GLORIOUS Battle Frontier, iconic and quirky (if underpowered) Pokémon, among other things (roulette ain't bad).
#34SpiderLanternPosted 7/14/2013 7:54:34 AM
harle1012000 posted...
It's the younger people who grew up on it. Plus it's cool to hate Gen 1+2 now because those are "old peoples" games. Well, that and Genwunners ruined it a bit.

I personally hated Gen 3 since it took out many things added in Gen 2 (day/night for one).
Plus all the water and anti-stall.

The abilities and natures were a nice idea though.

This for the most part. I find games are similar to comic books in the sense that whatever era a person starts in a certain series is usually considered by that person to be the best era. Ex., I started reading Avengers during Geoff Johns' run, to me the book hasn't been as good since then. It's a simple matter of that game or run being what hooked you into that series and what laid the foundation for what you know about it. Most of the people here are in the age group where gen 3 was their first entrance into Pokemon.

Also totally agree with you on the last two paragraphs.
---
"Everyone step back. Me and this Jigglypuff are going to tangle and I don't want anyone getting hurt."
#35gamingratPosted 7/14/2013 8:06:29 AM
GalladetheGreat posted...
Because it was by far the biggest generation, had solid main games (R/S/E/FR/LG), and incredible spin-offs (Coll/XD/PMD/Ranger, etc).

this. and as for people who say it is only the younger people who love this gen, I grew up with red and blue, still have my original copies from the first day they came out.
---
GT:gamingrat91
Final Fantasy IV is the best in the series
#36kingjam1Posted 7/14/2013 8:12:17 AM
It da best because nostalgia. I played when I was ten and it's absolutely amazing. It has the best everything. Go Hoenn.
---
Can't think of anything