This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

To those of you whining about Monorpale and the thoughts of a sword Pokemon.

#21EnvoyJRHPosted 7/14/2013 3:59:40 PM
MagikarpRules posted...
You know what's the best part? The people complaining about having inanimate objects for Pokémon conveniently forget Magnemite line, Grimer line, Koffing line and Geodude line. All from Gen 1. And some more from subsequent gens.

They all have faces, though. Honedge only has one when it's sheathed, and it looks absolutely stupid when it's not. That "eye" at the top of it is stupid.

Of course, this is why I personally don't like it, so to each their own, but it's the first Pokemon that I genuinely feel doesn't look like one.
---
envoyofuno
#22EnvoyJRHPosted 7/14/2013 4:00:15 PM
No, the Musketeer trio were horrible too and didn't feel like Pokemon. Especially Cobalian.
---
envoyofuno
#23AccrovideogamesPosted 7/14/2013 5:04:40 PM
I personally find some Pokémon to be badly designed and plain ugly but Honedge is not one of them.

P0k3m0nWaRR10R8 posted...
I get sad when people tell me they've never even played the original

I have an older friend who never even played a single DKC game on SNES or GBA. I have actually played them all on both systems when they were first released.
---
I'm French speaking.
23, Male, Quebec
#24KaitoKazePosted 7/14/2013 5:13:29 PM
P0k3m0nWaRR10R8 posted...
JustinTheJagged posted...
There are people here too young to have played Donkey Kong Country 2?

My god I feel old.

I get sad when people tell me they've never even played the original

What about when someones says they've played the original but weren't even aware there was a sequel?
---
Honedge is the greatest addition to Pokemon ever
Pokemon White FC: 2194-3207-8738
#25bobstevens23123Posted 7/14/2013 5:26:15 PM
Enferolunos posted...
What's Monorpale? Are you talking about Honedge? It's too bad we don't have an English name we could refer to it by.

---
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/960188-call-of-duty-black-ops/59821100
#26SocranPosted 7/14/2013 5:53:57 PM
EnvoyJRH posted...
MagikarpRules posted...
You know what's the best part? The people complaining about having inanimate objects for Pokémon conveniently forget Magnemite line, Grimer line, Koffing line and Geodude line. All from Gen 1. And some more from subsequent gens.

They all have faces, though. Honedge only has one when it's sheathed, and it looks absolutely stupid when it's not. That "eye" at the top of it is stupid.

Magnemite doesn't have a face, he only has an eye. So he's in the same boat as Honedge, who at least has a pseudo-face when sheathed.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#27SakurafanboyPosted 7/14/2013 6:45:03 PM
I always loved that boss BECAUSE its a sword. I love pretty anything related to swords. xD
---
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin! (Official Riku of KHIII board)
#28EnvoyJRHPosted 7/14/2013 6:45:28 PM
You're right, idk, but things like Klinklang and Magnemite don't really bother me. IDK.

I think I'd be fine with Honedge if it didn't unsheathe itself, but it does it battle, and it just looks awkward to me. Not really sure why.
---
envoyofuno