This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I hope Fennekin is a special attacker

#21Gsus_94Posted 7/15/2013 9:00:28 AM
iKhanic posted...

Recoil means that if you are dealing large amounts of damage, you are taking a ton of damage as well. Fire Blast has high power, decent accuracy, and no drawbacks, and it is the ONLY non-signature move of it's kind that comes from a good attacking type. It's other equivalents (Seed Flare, Megahorn, Power Whip) are all from horrible attacking types

Being able to deal a lot of damage reliably without drawbacks with a strong attacking type makes Fire Blast in the league of Hi-Jump Kick as one of the best attacking moves.

And missing a fire blast means an opportunity for the opposing pokemon to deal out a ton of damage as well...

I don't see how 85% accuracy is not a drawback. I know, it has decent accuracy compared to like Hypnosis, but at least with Flare Blitz you are guaranteed a hit and possibly get you that KO that you may need. Fire Blast has missed enough times in critical moments that the accuracy can at least be considered a drawback. I'm not saying that Flare Blitz is better (dat recoil), but it definitely is not pathetic compared to Fire blast.
---
3DS FC: 0473 7779 6792
ACNL: Melo from Besaid
#22DrakoVongola1Posted 7/15/2013 9:04:25 AM
Gsus_94 posted...
iKhanic posted...

Recoil means that if you are dealing large amounts of damage, you are taking a ton of damage as well. Fire Blast has high power, decent accuracy, and no drawbacks, and it is the ONLY non-signature move of it's kind that comes from a good attacking type. It's other equivalents (Seed Flare, Megahorn, Power Whip) are all from horrible attacking types

Being able to deal a lot of damage reliably without drawbacks with a strong attacking type makes Fire Blast in the league of Hi-Jump Kick as one of the best attacking moves.

And missing a fire blast means an opportunity for the opposing pokemon to deal out a ton of damage as well...

I don't see how 85% accuracy is not a drawback. I know, it has decent accuracy compared to like Hypnosis, but at least with Flare Blitz you are guaranteed a hit and possibly get you that KO that you may need. Fire Blast has missed enough times in critical moments that the accuracy can at least be considered a drawback. I'm not saying that Flare Blitz is better (dat recoil), but it definitely is not pathetic compared to Fire blast.

85% accuracy is a drawback, but losing half your health because you killed a Pokemon when it was at full health is even more of one >_>
---
Official leader of the Illuminati.
#23iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2013 9:07:51 AM
Gsus_94 posted...
iKhanic posted...

It is a drawback, but I'm using the term in a more technical sense as in "additional effects that nerf a move"
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#24paiprPosted 7/15/2013 9:13:06 AM
yes please if fennekin does go fire/physic and hopefully stats a quadruped then yes please make it a special attacker. not only does that seem a better way to make a fire/psychic type, but a quadrupedal pokemon that excels at special attacks seems rare.

also im pro fennekin getting to use tm scald (like emboar, assuming scald is a tm again)
---
dandelion + flabebe + fairy wind = saddest moment in pokemon.
3ds fc. jd, 0602-6823-9646 or 0146.9112.0071
#25AccrovideogamesPosted 7/16/2013 10:46:24 AM
paipr posted...
also im pro fennekin getting to use tm scald (like emboar, assuming scald is a tm again)

Too bad I didn't teach it to my Emboar because it was a physical attacker, I did teach it Earthquake though. If Fennekin can learn Scald, I'd be sure to teach it.
---
I'm French speaking.
23, Male, Quebec
#26Gsus_94Posted 7/16/2013 11:06:35 AM(edited)
iKhanic posted...
Gsus_94 posted...
iKhanic posted...

It is a drawback, but I'm using the term in a more technical sense as in "additional effects that nerf a move"

Right, my point was just that this "drawback" doesn't make Flare Blitz necessarily pathetic compared to Fire Blast. Both have their merits and both have possibly big downsides depending on the situation in which you have to use them.
---
3DS FC: 0473 7779 6792
ACNL: Melo from Besaid
#27bobstevens23123Posted 7/16/2013 11:08:27 AM
-Oath- posted...
I hope so. They really dropped the ball with Emboar. They should have switched it up last gen. I like our chances man. Fen is looking nice <3

---
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/960188-call-of-duty-black-ops/59821100