The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So... the new Mewtwo...

#1AuraWielderPosted 7/15/2013 9:08:52 AM
I realize that opinions are already split over the new Mewtwo form. However, I had discovered a bit of information earlier that I'm not sure if everyone knows.
http://pokebeach.com/2013/04/new-trailer-for-extremespeed-genesect-mewtwos-awakening
Apparently, this new Mewtwo is female. And also confirmed to be a different Mewtwo than the one from the first movie. The decision is... base-breaking. Amazingly though, I'm quite indifferent. Possibly because I never grew up with the first movie, and when I viewed it in my teens on YouTube, I found it to be a weak movie.
It's just... that's one heck of a bold move for Game Freak to do. What are the opinions on this? New Mewtwo being a different one? New Mewtwo being a girl? Old Mewtwo not being mentioned whatsoever? Ash completely forgetting about the first Mewtwo? Actually, that last one isn't surprising being ASH and all.
Anyway, opinions?
---
I am a Christian, and proud of it.
Founder of the deviantArt Noivern Fan Club! http://noivern-fan-club.deviantart.com/
#2TyranidomegaPosted 7/15/2013 9:11:35 AM
I'm just slightly confused
---
Official hot fudge sundae of the IDF
Official Hydreigon of the Pokemon B/W 2 Boards.
#3xiaolinpetPosted 7/15/2013 10:36:31 AM
Ash and co. get their memories erased at the end of the first movie iirc.
---
Soulsilver FC: 3180-8615-3680
Platinum FC: 1978-3032-3870
#4InhaledCornPosted 7/15/2013 10:39:20 AM(edited)
xiaolinpet posted...

There's a second movie involving Mewtwo that makes this point moot.

Edit: And, Game Freak doesn't write the Anime story. It just provides the company with the Pokemon that the company needs to make an episode dedicated to each one for advertisement purposes.
---
3DS FC: 2578-3118-6645 PSN: PowahBoxers
I need to play Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door again...
#5nblasteroinPosted 7/15/2013 10:37:40 AM
What is wrong about New Mewtwo being a girl? Gosh you people are just rude.
---
3DS FC : 1891 - 2262 - 3841
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 4814 - 4828 - 7842
#6DrakoVongola1Posted 7/15/2013 10:39:26 AM
AuraWielder posted...
and when I viewed it in my teens on YouTube, I found it to be a weak movie.

Blasphemer! Thou shalt be burned at the stake for thy sin! May Arceus have mercy on your soul!
---
Official leader of the Illuminati.
#7LightningHawk90Posted 7/15/2013 10:39:26 AM
xiaolinpet posted...

But they also met Mewtwo again in Mewtwo Returns, and IIRC Ash said that he'd remember him that time.

But the consensus is pretty much the same, the Genesect movie was a very weak one.
---
Hi. I'm RageKaiser. I'm here to ruin your unfunny topics.
#8DrakoVongola1Posted 7/15/2013 10:40:52 AM
nblasteroin posted...
What is wrong about New Mewtwo being a girl? Gosh you people are just rude.

It's not the new Mewtwo having a female voice that I dislike (It's not a girl, Mewtwo has no gender), it's that there's a new Mewtwo at all. That shouldn't even be possible, he destroyed the lab he was created in and erased everyone's memory of his existence >_>
---
Official leader of the Illuminati.
#9AuraWielder(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2013 11:06:06 AM
DrakoVongola1 posted...
AuraWielder posted...
and when I viewed it in my teens on YouTube, I found it to be a weak movie.

Blasphemer! Thou shalt be burned at the stake for thy sin! May Arceus have mercy on your soul!

I'm not kidding. I'm not trolling either; I legitimately disliked the first movie, and a lot of it has to do with 4Kids butcher of it. However, I thought the second was WORSE than the first (except for Lugia's song, which was freaking awesome). And this is coming from a Lugia fan. If it's any consolation, I liked the 3rd one.
---
I am a Christian, and proud of it.
Founder of the deviantArt Noivern Fan Club! http://noivern-fan-club.deviantart.com/
#10aznStaRBoYPosted 7/15/2013 11:09:44 AM
I think the current consensus is that GF has finally murdered the alien life form many Pokemon players grew up with.

The backstory of Mewtwo is very interesting but having formes to it makes no sense because
-To change such a time-honored icon is somewhat saddening.
-Mewtwo was created by humans and to be the ultimate life form, which shouldn't need any change.
---
[This message was deleted by a gameFAQs moderator]