This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If the games were more like the anime

#1Svedeesh_CheffPosted 7/15/2013 10:08:16 AM
Feel free to post your own ideas too:
-Ash would be the male playable character. In every generation. And he'd start with a Lv 5 Pikachu that's also implied to be the same one each generation.
-The games would have no real continuity. Any events that occurred in older games would easily be ignored by newer games.
-There's two ways that the plot would be handled:
--Series version: We wouldn't get any more overarching plots on the scale of Black and White. Every generation would be a rehash of the previous one, with no plot other than "fight the gym leaders and the evil team, and defeat the Champion". Or alternatively...
--Movie version: Every game would follow the same plot pattern: region in trouble because of bad guy, you team up with legendary to beat the bad guy and save the region. Or: legendary Pokémon rampaging because it's not evil, just misunderstood, and you help the legendary realize the error of its ways.
-The villains would be really shallow and two-dimensional. Nothing like N or Ghetsis (from what I heard, their anime versions are mere shadows of their game selves).
-You wouldn't be allowed to win the Pokémon League and enter the Hall of Fame.
-Legendary Pokémon would appear in other regions than their home region, with no explanation given or no connection made. Wait...
---
Dimentio, Fawful, Waluigi, King K. Rool, Ghirahim, Mewtwo, Darkrai, Reshiram, Zekrom, Hilda, Hades, Ryu, Sora, Riku, Nightmare and Wreck-It Ralph for SSB4!
#2Svedeesh_Cheff(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2013 10:12:50 AM
Oh, forgot to add:
-Pokémon would all say their own names instead of their 8-bit cries, so whenever battling, you'd be bombarded with incessant utterances of "Noivern! Noivern! Patrat! Pat patrat!"
---
Dimentio, Fawful, Waluigi, King K. Rool, Ghirahim, Mewtwo, Darkrai, Reshiram, Zekrom, Hilda, Hades, Ryu, Sora, Riku, Nightmare and Wreck-It Ralph for SSB4!
#3Half-GhostPosted 7/15/2013 10:13:27 AM
Svedeesh_Cheff posted...
Oh, forgot to add:
-Pokémon would all say their own names instead of their 8-bit cries, so whenever battling, you'd be bombarded with incessant utterances of "Noivern! Noivern! Patrat! Pat patrat!"

This would be the only good thing for me. I dislike the cries of Pokemon.
#4the_cajun88Posted 7/15/2013 10:15:47 AM
Dodge it.

Dodge it everywhere.
---
University of Tennessee Alumni
http://i.imgur.com/jC1P9wo.jpg
#5GensokyoPosted 7/15/2013 10:18:48 AM
Aim for the horn!
#6DrakoVongola1Posted 7/15/2013 10:21:05 AM
"Pikachu! Use thunderbolt on this Onix and defeat it even though it's immune to electric type!"
---
Official leader of the Illuminati.
#7HesOurYouPosted 7/15/2013 10:22:54 AM
- You would lose every gym battle but somehow get the badge anyway.
- Every girl would be sexually attracted to you, but you'd miss all their advances.
- You would have two companions follow you.
- Your Pokemon would never evolve.
- When you ran out of room for more Pokemon on your belt, instead of putting them in your PC, you'd get rid of them.
---
http://i.imgur.com/SDX5d.jpg
SomeLikeItHoth is Warned
#8TheCorruptAngelPosted 7/15/2013 11:12:27 AM
You would meet several characters who you never see ever again after the first meeting.

Pokémon don't level up. Their friendship value becomes the main factor in a Pokémon's ability to fight effectively and they evolve when reaching certain friendship values.
---
Your words are as empty as your signature!
What is a signature? A miserable little pile of secrets!
#9P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 7/15/2013 11:13:28 AM
I would be a hardcore pokemon coordinator. I remember the anime's version of the pokemon contests being amazing
---
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
#10DarkKirby2500Posted 7/15/2013 11:29:21 AM
95% of battles are won by who "believes" the most in their Pokemon and are very vocal about it.

Characters have a much deeper and detailed personality.
---
1. The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him. 2. They're all complacent sheeple.
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>