This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If the games were more like the anime

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. If the games were more like the anime
3 years ago#1
Feel free to post your own ideas too:
-Ash would be the male playable character. In every generation. And he'd start with a Lv 5 Pikachu that's also implied to be the same one each generation.
-The games would have no real continuity. Any events that occurred in older games would easily be ignored by newer games.
-There's two ways that the plot would be handled:
--Series version: We wouldn't get any more overarching plots on the scale of Black and White. Every generation would be a rehash of the previous one, with no plot other than "fight the gym leaders and the evil team, and defeat the Champion". Or alternatively...
--Movie version: Every game would follow the same plot pattern: region in trouble because of bad guy, you team up with legendary to beat the bad guy and save the region. Or: legendary Pokémon rampaging because it's not evil, just misunderstood, and you help the legendary realize the error of its ways.
-The villains would be really shallow and two-dimensional. Nothing like N or Ghetsis (from what I heard, their anime versions are mere shadows of their game selves).
-You wouldn't be allowed to win the Pokémon League and enter the Hall of Fame.
-Legendary Pokémon would appear in other regions than their home region, with no explanation given or no connection made. Wait...
Dimentio, Fawful, Waluigi, King K. Rool, Ghirahim, Mewtwo, Darkrai, Reshiram, Zekrom, Hilda, Hades, Ryu, Sora, Riku, Nightmare and Wreck-It Ralph for SSB4!
3 years ago#2
Oh, forgot to add:
-Pokémon would all say their own names instead of their 8-bit cries, so whenever battling, you'd be bombarded with incessant utterances of "Noivern! Noivern! Patrat! Pat patrat!"
Dimentio, Fawful, Waluigi, King K. Rool, Ghirahim, Mewtwo, Darkrai, Reshiram, Zekrom, Hilda, Hades, Ryu, Sora, Riku, Nightmare and Wreck-It Ralph for SSB4!
3 years ago#3
Svedeesh_Cheff posted...
Oh, forgot to add:
-Pokémon would all say their own names instead of their 8-bit cries, so whenever battling, you'd be bombarded with incessant utterances of "Noivern! Noivern! Patrat! Pat patrat!"

This would be the only good thing for me. I dislike the cries of Pokemon.
3 years ago#4
Dodge it.

Dodge it everywhere.
University of Tennessee Alumni
http://i.imgur.com/jC1P9wo.jpg
3 years ago#5
Aim for the horn!
3 years ago#6
"Pikachu! Use thunderbolt on this Onix and defeat it even though it's immune to electric type!"
Official leader of the Illuminati.
3 years ago#7
- You would lose every gym battle but somehow get the badge anyway.
- Every girl would be sexually attracted to you, but you'd miss all their advances.
- You would have two companions follow you.
- Your Pokemon would never evolve.
- When you ran out of room for more Pokemon on your belt, instead of putting them in your PC, you'd get rid of them.
http://i.imgur.com/SDX5d.jpg
SomeLikeItHoth is Warned
3 years ago#8
You would meet several characters who you never see ever again after the first meeting.

Pokémon don't level up. Their friendship value becomes the main factor in a Pokémon's ability to fight effectively and they evolve when reaching certain friendship values.
Your words are as empty as your signature!
What is a signature? A miserable little pile of secrets!
3 years ago#9
I would be a hardcore pokemon coordinator. I remember the anime's version of the pokemon contests being amazing
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
3 years ago#10
95% of battles are won by who "believes" the most in their Pokemon and are very vocal about it.

Characters have a much deeper and detailed personality.
1. The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him. 2. They're all complacent sheeple.
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. If the games were more like the anime

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived