This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone ever settle on the Silver Trainer Card for completion purposes?

#1PkmTrainerAbramPosted 7/15/2013 10:13:35 AM
I am sure that XY will still have the 5 Star/Color card in some form to measure accomplishments so this is on topic.

Kinda bummed out right now. I'm going to the 5 star card in HG right now, and just lost on battle 52 in the Tower after doing well with my team and getting a taste for competetive battling in some time. Right now I got 4 stars and the Gold Print for the Tower but alas, I need a 100 win streak to get that last star.

I'm honestly just thinking about getting all the Color Prints and call the game done, then move on to BW/2 and do the same for XY when it comes out, but it kinda bothers me to be missing that one accomplishment and settle for the next best thing.

I'm hoping that XY doesn't rely on doing such a lengthy task with so...much......HAX.....just to complete the Trainer Card like that. IIRC, Ruby and Sapphire required you to get 50 wins to get the Star. I just......I'm not even mad now, I lost in 4 attempts previously(I actually raged for real on attempt 3 and saved that match,lol) and put together a good team to make it to 52, but I'm just......I can't even think of a term good enough to express how I feel now.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Plat/HG(492/492, 3/4 Star Trainer Card,), Street Fighter 3(Xbox online sparingly)
#2PkmTrainerAbram(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2013 1:17:18 PM
bump
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Plat/HG(492/492, 3/4 Star Trainer Card,), Street Fighter 3(Xbox online sparingly)
#3GilgameshSwordsPosted 7/15/2013 1:20:52 PM
I just can't be bothered maxing out the Entree in Black 2
---
http://www.techieanalyst.net/index.php?/index
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/9346/hellraiseriii3hellonear.jpg
#4BikdipOnABusPosted 7/15/2013 1:30:27 PM
White 2 is actually the first game that I've gotten a maxed out Trainer Card, because it doesn't require doing anything in the Battle Subway. The second closest I've gotten was in Pearl, where I did everything except the 100 Battle Tower wins.

As far as I'm concerned, anything in-game that requires a viable competitive team to succeed isn't worth doing. I made an exception in White 2 for the PWT and some of the Subway (I did all the normal trains that end at 21, but none of the Super trains).
---
If you actively hate Justin Bieber... then you don't know what "intended audience" means. Hate Twilight instead, it's far worse.
#5GilgameshSwordsPosted 7/16/2013 3:54:47 AM
I want the last start but levelling up the Entree takes ages
---
http://www.techieanalyst.net/index.php?/index
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/9346/hellraiseriii3hellonear.jpg
#6bararad13Posted 7/16/2013 4:17:12 AM
getting 5 stars is bw2 isn't all that difficult actually but all other games ..
#7FryDays5000Posted 7/16/2013 4:46:26 AM
I only competed the trainer card in White 1 and 2. In my Platinum, I have only one star left to complete. And its 100 straight Battle Tower wins stuff. However, because of the other things I have to deal with in my life, I don't have the motivation anymore to complete the trainer card in my SS game(I only completed the Nat dex and the Hall of fame).

I have to do the same exact Battle Tower achievement like Platinum for a star. Gen 4 has such a slow as molasses battle system that I have to deal with 100 times. And since B2/W2 exists, Im not even bothered to 100% my SS card legit since its completely obsolete compared to those games in terms of something to do. Platinum has the Frontier(which SS copied), as B2/W2 has PWT(SS only lets you rematch Johto and Kanto leaders which the PWT craps on that by showing off the other region leaders).

Im only going to use SS for getting Shiny Ho-oh and Mewtwo, after that, Im selling it for good.
---
Freiza may be cool, but his brother is..... COOLER(get it?)
3DS FC:0645-6947-9076
#8PkmTrainerAbram(Topic Creator)Posted 7/16/2013 5:23:01 AM
Ridiculous, I just got to the final set in the Arcade before the Roulette Goddess and endured so much hax in every battle before losing to a Frolass that survived an Outrage from Tauros with a sliver of health left.
---
#9RX0megaPosted 7/16/2013 5:30:11 AM
BikdipOnABus posted...
White 2 is actually the first game that I've gotten a maxed out Trainer Card, because it doesn't require doing anything in the Battle Subway. The second closest I've gotten was in Pearl, where I did everything except the 100 Battle Tower wins.

As far as I'm concerned, anything in-game that requires a viable competitive team to succeed isn't worth doing. I made an exception in White 2 for the PWT and some of the Subway (I did all the normal trains that end at 21, but none of the Super trains).

By your own logic that would mean the Subway is actually worth doing. Because teams that rack up a good score there are most certainly NOT viable competitively. In fact to construct a good subway team you need to throw out basic competitive mindsets to get a good one.
---
Official Piplup of the Pokemon X board
Tales of series >>>>>>>>>> Final Fantasy series post-VI
#10KapuxaPosted 7/16/2013 5:59:18 AM
I feel your pain...I complete the Platinum, HG and SS trainercard, and it took ages...many times did my heart nearly crash with all the criticals hits, frezees, burns, paralyzes I got and never the AI. This might be way easier now that we have the Truant stretagy Durant...unless they make the AI smart enough to switch in X e Y. But I agree with you, getting the gold symbol should do it...100 battles is way 2 time consuming, and to be honest, not very rewarding at the end...