This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone ever settle on the Silver Trainer Card for completion purposes?

#41PkmTrainerAbram(Topic Creator)Posted 7/20/2013 5:10:19 AM
Battle 87, gotta finish this set and get 2 more out the way. The hax has been incredible.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Plat/HG(492/492, 3/4 Star Trainer Card,), Street Fighter 3(Xbox online sparingly)
#42_KGC_Posted 7/20/2013 6:55:30 AM
You could do it bro!
---
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there."
- Yogi Berra
#43PkmTrainerAbram(Topic Creator)Posted 7/20/2013 7:03:36 AM
_KGC_ posted...
You could do it bro!

Lol, that's messed up.XD

Oh second to last set, battle 96.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Plat/HG(492/492, 3/4 Star Trainer Card,), Street Fighter 3(Xbox online sparingly)
#44PkmTrainerAbram(Topic Creator)Posted 7/20/2013 7:19:26 AM
On the last round, taking a break.
---
#45PkmTrainerAbram(Topic Creator)Posted 7/20/2013 10:40:37 AM
**** YEAH SEAKING!

After the hellish 91-97 battles the last set was a breeze and didn't come down to extreme cases of hax. If the BF could be more like that, I would say I enjoyed the full experience. I switched out the Trick team to my original team for the last few rounds. Felt right that way.

This black/gold card is so awesome, I'm backing up this save right now to preserve this.
---
#46_KGC_Posted 7/20/2013 10:53:59 AM
Congrats. :o
---
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there."
- Yogi Berra
#47PkmTrainerAbram(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2013 7:11:20 PM
Gold Card in Platinum. Apparently my Remoraid/Teppouo is the most beautiful gun fish in all of Sinnoh. Don't too much care for the Black Card, but I'll try once for the laughs.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Plat/HG(492/492, 4 Star Gold Card/5 Star Black Trainer Card,), Street Fighter 3(Xbox online sparingly)
#48zantxPosted 7/21/2013 8:28:05 PM
Congrats on it! And just for the people out there looking for the 100 win-streak or want to get a high streak in BW/BW2, I would recommend the following team that worked wonders for me. It's an all-out attacking team that usually ends each battle in 5 turns. If you want to breeze through each battle fast and get a fairly high win-streak, try this out:

Lead: Gengar (Timid) with Focus Sash; Standard 252 SpA, 252 Spd, last 4 doesn't matter where
Destiny Bond
Shadow Ball
Energy Ball
Thunderbolt

Scizor (Adamant) with Life Orb; 252 Atk, 252 HP, 4 SpD? (forgot if it's SpD or Def but it doesn't matter too much)
Bullet Punch (oh, must have Technician as its ability of course)
Superpower
Aerial Ace
Bug Bite

Garchomp (Jolly) with Choice Band; 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP
Outrage
Earthquake
Fire Fang
Rock Slide

Desinty Bond is the charm of this set. Since Gengar is unbelievably fast, you're almost guaranteed to attack first every single time. Simply choose an attack that's best against your opponent and KO them. Destiny Bond is used when you feel that you can't take down your opponent. Most of the time this will give you a 2-1 lead.

However, if you're up against something that neither of the 3 attacks can hit at least neutrally or if you can't 2HKO them, I would switch out and save Gengar for later depending on what I anticipate - Garchomp for electric attacks or things that it resists, or Scizor for its resistance. Scizor doesn't need much explanation - just bullet punch your way through your opponents. But since it's pretty slow, if you opt to go for a super effective hit with Superpower or Aerial Ace, you'd want to make sure that Scizor can take a hit as he'll most likely attack after your opponent. I used to have U-turn over Bug Bite, but it was more useful to have a powerful STAB when I really need it instead of switching out. I mostly use BP or Aerial Ace - the latter to deal with annoying evasion hax.

Finally, Garchomp with a Choice Band might seem unusual at first, but it's actually much better than wasting the first turn to Swords Dance. In the ideal case when Gengar Destiny Bonds to give you a 2-1 lead, I switch Garchomp in and Outrage/Earthquake the last opponent. Fire Fang is mostly there for levitating/flying steel types, and for Abomasnow. Rock Slide is just a filler move and basically never used, so that can be switched out for Dragon Claw/other moves if you don't want to be locked into Outrage. I prefer RS over Stone Edge because I value accuracy over power.

This team actually has great synergy -- something I didn't realize until I went through a number of battles and noticed it all. Together they have 5 types that they are immune to - Electric, Normal, Fighting, Ground & Poison, making switching and prediction very, very easy. Lastly, they cover each other's weaknesses very well. Weavile facing off Garchomp? Let Weavile have a taste of a Bullet Punch. Fire coming the way of Scizor? Garchomp, I choose you!