This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I hate that Xerneas is Fairy...

#1Strain42Posted 7/15/2013 1:24:45 PM
Now now, calm down, this has nothing to do with his design, this has nothing to do with stereotyping Fairy and trying to say he's too badass to be Fairy.

I just hate that he's Fairy, while Yveltal is Dark. Supposedly Dark is weak to Fairy, which gives Xerneas the advantage, and I'm just not a fan of when that happens. It's Groudon/Kyogre all over again (or even arguably Charizard and Blastoise, but I give that one a pass because it was originally a trilogy and these were starters)

Supposedly Xerneas and Yveltal are supposed to represent Life and Death. If anything, Yveltal should have the advantage. Death is far more powerful than Life >_>

I dunno. I'm sure no one else cares, and it's a minor complaint that's totally moot since it's not like they're ever gonna change it, and naturally this is assuming that it's true that Fairy is strong against Dark, which since pretty much everything else has been right so far, it probably is.

I just don't really like when one mascot has a clear advantage over the other one.
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/ (Currently Updating: Persona 4TW Add-On M-F)
5069-5089-2020
#2Hierarchy225Posted 7/15/2013 1:27:06 PM(edited)
Is death really more powerful than life? I think that's a debate I don't think any of us want to get involved in, at least not in a pokemon forum.

I love Xerneas, but I admit Yveltal got the short end of the stick when it comes to typings. I mean Dark/Flying? Lol!
---
The Official Stealth Rock of the Pokemon X Board
3DS Friend Code 1993-7813-6870
#3Rad_DudesmanPosted 7/15/2013 1:27:40 PM
Strain42 posted...
Death is far more powerful than Life >_>

Is it really?

Think about it.
---
The official rad dude of the Pokemon X board.
#4Aladdin2557Posted 7/15/2013 1:28:00 PM
Dude. Death is winning
#5D_BartPosted 7/15/2013 1:28:04 PM
The advantage is probably why most people expected Xerneas to be part grass, to balance it out.
---
Splash
#6CakeOfLiesPosted 7/15/2013 1:28:30 PM
I actually agree.
Kyogre beats Groudon,
Lugia learns Hydro Pump by level up so he beats Ho-Oh effectively,
Heck, Dialga can use his STAB SE Dragon type moves on Palkia and Palkia can't do SE STAB damage to Dialga.
Zekrom and Reshiram were gettin' somewhere, but in the end, they had too similar movepools and Reshiram just happened to be the one with the Special Attack to use all of the moves.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Pokemon White 2 FC: 3139-7420-3142 - THIEF
#7Hierarchy225Posted 7/15/2013 1:30:12 PM
CakeOfLies posted...
I actually agree.
Kyogre beats Groudon,
Lugia learns Hydro Pump by level up so he beats Ho-Oh effectively,
Heck, Dialga can use his STAB SE Dragon type moves on Palkia and Palkia can't do SE STAB damage to Dialga.
Zekrom and Reshiram were gettin' somewhere, but in the end, they had too similar movepools and Reshiram just happened to be the one with the Special Attack to use all of the moves.

This. Kyogre is the most apparent example(but then again Kyogre will always be amazing). Groudon, and Kyogre are supposed to be "rivals", but Groudon has absolutely nothing on Kyogre.
---
The Official Stealth Rock of the Pokemon X Board
3DS Friend Code 1993-7813-6870
#8TherianReturnsPosted 7/15/2013 1:38:11 PM
Death is far more powerful than life? What an emo answer. Last I checked, there is more power being alive, than being dead. XD
---
I am the only true Pokemon fan. Find me at: http://www.youtube.com/user/AdventOfTherian/about
#9SeazorPosted 7/15/2013 1:41:10 PM
I agree with TC. I find it pretty lame 1 mascote will take the advantage. I like both designs

Maybe the 3rd mascot will be poison to balance the 3
#10SirPiercePosted 7/15/2013 1:43:56 PM
Well, if the Pokemon are actually based on the legends they seem to be...the third Pokemon in their trio should be Poison...which beats Xerneas. So, while Yveltal would still get the short end of the stick, Xerneas would be beaten too. Lol.
---
NNID - Aerontar. Steam - KingAerontar
Currently Awaiting...SSBU, SSB3DS, Pokemon X, Pokemon Y and Watch Dogs.