This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is Volcarona OU, but Charizard isn't?

#41iKhanicPosted 7/15/2013 5:39:11 PM
KK_the_Slider posted...
iKhanic posted...
SazukeEX posted...

Also, Fire/Flying blows offensively AND defensively.

Offensively, yeah, it kind of does, but we are getting Dual typed moves this gen.

Defensively? No it's average. It has 5 resistances, an immunity, and only 3 weaknesses. Do resistances help Charizard much? No, not at all. Solar Power makes every hit hurt a lot.

STAB Fire and Bug is amazing.

Lol no, Bug is a horrible typing.

Where was it ever said we are getting dual typed moves?

Pokebeach rumor
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#42Hierarchy225Posted 7/15/2013 5:41:30 PM
iKhanic posted...

Scizor used U-Turn
---
The Official Stealth Rock of the Pokemon X Board
3DS Friend Code 1993-7813-6870
#43iKhanicPosted 7/15/2013 5:43:23 PM
Hierarchy225 posted...
iKhanic posted...

Scizor used U-Turn

I don't know what's with me and forums today. I meant to say offensive typing
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#44wind64aPosted 7/15/2013 5:47:08 PM
If Charizard got Parabolic Charge it would be much better, as that would get rid of a good portion of the drawback from Solar Power. It really needs a reliable form of offensively based recovery. Giga Drain itself would be extremely helpful, since Charizard would be able to hit both Rock, and Water for super effective damage, while healing itself. A Special Attack boosting move is also sorely needed, along the lines of Calm Mind or Nasty Plot.
---
Badge Case [Time Badge]
StrifeHart is my OTP. services performed at BSC: 2 Riley's Boyfriend on the Pokemon BW2 & X boards. W1 FC: 4170 0917 6393
#45iKhanicPosted 7/15/2013 5:52:16 PM
wind64a posted...
If Charizard got Parabolic Charge it would be much better, as that would get rid of a good portion of the drawback from Solar Power. It really needs a reliable form of offensively based recovery. Giga Drain itself would be extremely helpful, since Charizard would be able to hit both Rock, and Water for super effective damage, while healing itself. A Special Attack boosting move is also sorely needed, along the lines of Calm Mind or Nasty Plot.

They would be nice, but Charizard really is at it's best with specs in the sun. In that scenario, Charizard can OHKO anything that doesn't resist it, and 2HKO anything that does.

I'd like to see a fire type variant of Giga drain.
---
#46taa20Posted 7/15/2013 8:13:42 PM
Slightly better BST (550 v 534), specialization in its offense (letting it hit really hard from one side, rather than bad from one side and not-that-great-in-the-current-meta on the other) without having to race against the clock, and Quiver Dance. Quiver Dance is awesome, and boosts Volcarona's good side.
#47Strain42Posted 7/15/2013 8:17:25 PM
Lexifox posted...
KingCafe posted...
But Charizard looks better.....

Putting aside the fact that it looks fairly generic, aesthetics do not matter compared to stats and moves.

They do when you're an in-game player :D

Hooray for using whoever the hell I want without any worry as to whether or not they're good!
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/ (Currently Updating: Persona 4TW Add-On M-F)
5069-5089-2020
#48SoleEaterPosted 7/15/2013 10:49:06 PM
Strain42 posted...
Lexifox posted...
KingCafe posted...
But Charizard looks better.....

Putting aside the fact that it looks fairly generic, aesthetics do not matter compared to stats and moves.

They do when you're an in-game player :D

Hooray for using whoever the hell I want without any worry as to whether or not they're good!

You can do that in competitive too...

You people act like Smogon will come kill you if you use a Pokemon in a lower tier in OU.

I used Leafeon all the time in OU back in 4th Gen
---
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lcs4q1dJES1qcyh3qo1_500.jpg
#49Genericgamer667Posted 7/15/2013 11:01:40 PM
Not to mention Volcarona has hurricane which can function in rain

Rain turns Charizard into a punching bag
---
3DS FC: 4940-5445-8767
It is a remake, not my fault you people think ports are remakes (but only on Nintendo systems)-Demondog666 on Kid Icarus Uprising
#50spooky96Posted 7/15/2013 11:05:24 PM
iKhanic posted...
Hierarchy225 posted...
iKhanic posted...

Scizor used U-Turn

I don't know what's with me and forums today. I meant to say offensive typing

Yes, we're talking offensively too.

Scizor's U-Turn destroy Psychic and Dark types, which includes awesome stuff like...

Latias
Latios
Starmie
Alakazam
Hydreigon
Celebi
Espeon
Reuniclus
Tyranitar