This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Topsy-Turvy sounds like an awesome move!

#1Heropon_RikiPosted 7/15/2013 3:52:44 PM
In single battles, it seems pretty useful, essentially being a more powerful version of haze that pretty much forces a switch if they have set up enough. Not bad.

But the real power behind this move is evident in Double and Triple battles. Imagine a pokemon with a powerful move that lowers stats, and a pokemon with topsy-turvy fighting beside it to turn those lowered stats into boosts.

Imagine say, a Heatran using Overheat, a pokemon using topsy-turvy on it, and then Heatran promptly going to town with a +2 Heat Wave.

This is going to be fun.
---
Epicdavid's Nopon buddy
#2Shadow Flare13Posted 7/15/2013 3:53:28 PM
V-Create. That is all.
#3FuneralCakePosted 7/15/2013 3:54:14 PM
Hopefully Malamar has the stats to back it up.
---
THAT'S MISS FUNERAL CAKE TO YOU
love me like it's prom night
#4iKhanicPosted 7/15/2013 3:56:15 PM(edited)
Shadow Flare13 posted...
V-Create. That is all.

Now my dreams of contrary stored power victini can almost be fully realized.

Also, it'd be great in double battles for Trick Room users. Imagine Reuniclus and Blaziken. Blaziken starts with speed boosts Reuniclus uses trick room, then topsy-turvy on the next turn.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#5KillerMechanoidPosted 7/15/2013 3:56:06 PM
I hope the Prankster Dark types can learn this... (and hopefully non dark-type Pranksters too)
#6ZTIger5Posted 7/15/2013 4:02:32 PM(edited)
It will definitely shine in multi-battles where you can target your teammates. Using it against Pokemon with abilities like Defiant and Contrary should be interesting as well.

Defiant: Lower one of the opponent's stats that doesn't matter very much so their Attack shoots way up, then Topsy-Turvy it to make their Attack drop like a rock.

Contrary should be easy enough to understand, just putting it into words is confusing. Moody would make it a little more tricky though, since you can't plan out how you're going to impact them as easily.

Think it will be exclusive to Malimar, or is there anyone else that could possibly use it we can think of? For some reason I get the feeling Spinda could.
---
Playing) Fire Emblem: Awakening, Guild Wars 2
Waiting) Pokemon XY
#7IVIasterJayPosted 7/15/2013 4:02:03 PM
KillerMechanoid posted...
I hope the Prankster Dark types can learn this... (and hopefully non dark-type Pranksters too)

No. They don't need any more ammunition to troll with.
---
Support the Megatokyo Visual Novel Game Kickstarter.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fredrin/megatokyo-visual-novel-game
#8P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 7/15/2013 4:02:45 PM
I'm going to imagine that Topsy Turvy is Inkay line exclusive, so hopefully Malamar has stats to be a decent defensive wall for doubles.
---
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
#9elconoMPosted 7/15/2013 4:14:06 PM
Moody Smeargle
---
(GMT -7) 3DS FC 5171.9701.9373 - GT and Unova FC available.
Feel pity for ACNL trade boards. Resistance is textile.
#10pikachupwnagePosted 7/15/2013 4:37:03 PM
Yeah topsy turvy will be amazing. Will work well with V-Create, Super power, etc. and will be great for ruining set up sweepers.
---
http://samgreenmedia.com/pikacrunk.gif http://tinyurl.com/clkxher
*Insert snarky comment*