This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Spritzee is a Fairy-TYPE. Celebi is a FAIRY

#21iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2013 10:41:11 PM
Lexifox posted...
D_Bart posted...
Do we even know that Celebi won't be retconned?

Nope.

iKhanic posted...
Yes but then you end up excluding some and including others incorrectly. For example, Accelgor's technically not a bug, but it gets grouped into that classification when people refer to "Bug-types" as "Bug"

Slugs/snails are typically grouped in as bugs in games, though. Why aren't you upset at how many mushrooms are Grass-types? They're grouped in because "close enough".

I'm not upset about them being bug types, I'm upset by how people refer to them as bugs. Also, Accelgor's not a slug or a snail, it's a tube worm, which isn't an arthropod, non crustacean members of which are called bugs.

No one refers to Parasect and Breloom as "Grass" so there's no issue.

Why are you even arguing this? Just quit being controversial and say "Bug-type" "Dragon-type" and "Fairy-type when you mean those things.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#22Grammar_manPosted 7/15/2013 10:42:00 PM
Lexifox posted...
iKhanic posted...
Okay, it's a forest sprite, which is probably the most popular and stereotypical, albeit accurate, ways of representing fairies in pop culture.

And again, it looks a lot like a green onion.

Except that dryads, etc. are considered deities, not fairies, and those are among the most prevalent of the "nature spirits". Japan also has a fair amount that are considered spirits/deities. I'm not sure if this is something people are trying to complain about or if you just want to make another indirect Charizard topic.

Dryads and Nymphs are actually both considered fairies. As are the Irish gods, the Tuatha dé Danann.

Gods can be fairies, the two are not exclusive.
#23EdwardDarkstarPosted 7/15/2013 10:50:30 PM
Lexifox posted...
Gyarados is based on a sea serpent (which aren't necessarily dragons) and windsock. The koi (Magikarp) is heavily associated with windsocks in Japanese culture.

http://i.imgur.com/6lKET.jpg

Don't f*** with magikarps.
---
What's worse than getting dumped?
Being forced to listen to some 10 year old rage in his mic on BO2.
#24LexifoxPosted 7/15/2013 10:50:41 PM
iKhanic posted...
I'm not upset about them being bug types, I'm upset by how people refer to them as bugs. Also, Accelgor's not a slug or a snail, it's a tube worm, which isn't an arthropod, non crustacean members of which are called bugs.

What makes it a tube worm, exactly? I always assumed it was based on a slug since it started out as a snail and then lost its shell.

No one refers to Parasect and Breloom as "Grass" so there's no issue.

Does anyone refer to Grass-types as "grass"?

Why are you even arguing this? Just quit being controversial and say "Bug-type" "Dragon-type" and "Fairy-type when you mean those things.

If you're the only one up in arms, then you're being controversial.

Grammar_man posted...
Dryads and Nymphs are actually both considered fairies. As are the Irish gods, the Tuatha dé Danann.

Gods can be fairies, the two are not exclusive.

A lot of them are former deities that eventually became "fairies" with the rise of Christianity.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#25NekoHime64Posted 7/15/2013 10:58:48 PM
C'mon, he makes a good point, give the guy a break.
---
Unofficial Sneasel of anything ever.
"I'm a girl btw." - TherianReturns
#26Jack_the_monke7Posted 7/15/2013 11:15:16 PM
Nightinangle posted...
Flygon is a dragon TYPE charizard is a DARGON.

Charizard is not a dargon.
---
King Boo for Super Smash Bros.
Spread the word, show your support
#27LexifoxPosted 7/15/2013 11:23:16 PM
NekoHime64 posted...
C'mon, he makes a good point, give the guy a break.

It's another Charizard topic from him, though.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#28trinityEDGEPosted 7/16/2013 2:46:41 AM
Lexifox posted...
I can't tell if this is a troll response or not.

This is proof that the word "trolling" has lost all meaning.
#29Balamb00Posted 7/16/2013 5:22:39 AM(edited)
I can't be bothered to read the entire topic but I think I have a good grasp on where who stands where. I'll say this.

I believe if any Pokemon resembles a fairy, it's definitely Celebi. But I do not feel it should be retconned as one. Nor do I feel no matter how much Charizard looks like a Dragon should it be retconned as one either. Charizard is portrayed as a dragon by Gamefreak. There's no doubt about that as its moveset speaks for itself and its used by dragon users. I like Charizard but Charizard is and should always be Fire/Flying and it'll continue to be severely weak to Stealth Rocks. Accept it. My favorite Pokemon isn't dominating the Meta game but I don't whine about it. If you like the Pokemon, use it. If you refuse to use it because it's weak, then find a new Pokemon. I'm seriously sick of seeing Charizard topics about the same rehashed discussion, hate, flame and trolling. This is not directed at you specifically IKhanic. But it does apply to you a bit. Not as harshly. Truth is, I like you but Charizard sucks competitively. Accept it.

But I do digress. I understand this is not a Charizard topic. Just had to get that out.

Pokemon is unique in many ways and one being that just because a Pokemon resembles a specific type, it's not necessarily classified as that type. Look at the reveal of Inkay and Malamar. By all known knowledge that we have of squid it should be a water dweller. (as it could be) But that doesn't necessarily mean it has to be water type. Now does it? No. Knowing Gamefreak, it probably won't be found in the water which does bother me a bit but whatever, I'm sidetracked.

My point being is that just because a Pokemon resembles something doesn't necessarily mean it shares the same characteristics that reflect in the typing. For example, a Pokemon may look like a grass type but better fits as a rock type. Sudowoodo as an example.
#30ZTIger5Posted 7/16/2013 5:31:07 AM
When I've calling something a Fairy-type I use capital "F" (Fairy, Fairies, etc). When calling something a fairy, I use lower-case "f".
---
Playing) Fire Emblem: Awakening, Guild Wars 2
Waiting) Pokemon XY