This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are dual typed moves confirmed?

#11ChaosCreativityPosted 7/15/2013 10:13:29 PM
If there's ever dual types, pokemon will get so confusing.
#12ImOver9000Posted 7/15/2013 10:14:32 PM
Tennyson500 posted...
Dark Psychic Fighting is awesome
also Ground,Water and electric would work too.

But... water is already a primary type. D=
---
"Yo Dr Insano, I'm really happy for u and I'm a let you finish, but womens rights was one of the best trolls ever." - Valkskorn
#13AGmetaknightPosted 7/15/2013 11:11:18 PM
Dual type moves are probably confirmed the rest of the rumors came true
#14jayman7Posted 7/15/2013 11:28:31 PM
If you'd actually read the Pokebeach leaks, they say that the parts that were most likely lies were Espurr/Meowstick and that you have two rivals, one of which gives you their starter in the postgame. Anything else is probably true.

Unfortunately, in the case of dualtype moves. I hope they don't pick an overpowered (just combine the multipliers!) or utterly pointless (it's like a move of one type that gives STAB to another type! Which really only means it's like a move of one type but the members of that type don't want it, and most other Pokemon don't even notice the alleged second type!) implementation.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#15elconoMPosted 7/15/2013 11:57:08 PM(edited)
They already exist with Curse in a way. I doubt that we will see moves of two types.

Seeing more ??? moves makes more sense. Conflicting/opposing energies tend to explode violently, attract each other, fuse, negate each other, or hybridize. To name a variety of possible. outcomes

Tri Attack. One could opine and state it be Ice and Fire and Electric at same time. Or the game devs could make it Normal.
---
(GMT -7) 3DS FC 5171.9701.9373 - GT and Unova FC available.
Feel pity for ACNL trade boards. Resistance is textile.
#16bd43Posted 7/16/2013 1:01:05 AM
jayman7 posted...
If you'd actually read the Pokebeach leaks, they say that the parts that were most likely lies were Espurr/Meowstick and that you have two rivals, one of which gives you their starter in the postgame. Anything else is probably true.

Unfortunately, in the case of dualtype moves. I hope they don't pick an overpowered (just combine the multipliers!) or utterly pointless (it's like a move of one type that gives STAB to another type! Which really only means it's like a move of one type but the members of that type don't want it, and most other Pokemon don't even notice the alleged second type!) implementation.

LMAO at the idea that such a move would be 'utterly pointless'. In the right situation, changing the attacking type post STAB could completely redefine the right pokemon.
---
Thinking is overrated. Like Pants.
#17deadpool848Posted 7/16/2013 4:51:48 AM
How would dual type moves even work? so if you use for sintance an electric/Water Move on a Water type, would it be neutral since electric is supereffective but water is resisted? It would just overcomplicate things if you ask me. How about taking an aproach like this. As an example I will break appart tri-attack, it will now deal 30 ice damage, 30 fire damage, and 30 electric damage, spread over 3 hits. Something like that seems more managable.
#18Nightstar1994Posted 7/16/2013 4:54:54 AM
Tai_Le_Ree posted...
DweezleMoonunit posted...
The leaker said some of the info in his leak was false to divert attention away from him and make it look more coincidental, so some unannounced stuff on the leak could still be fake. Here's hoping :)

Or so i said.
Who knows if I was telling the truth!

It is truly entertaining how nobody has reacted to your post on here.
#19scitch1Posted 7/16/2013 5:02:04 AM
cannot see dual type moves happening
---
PSN = scott_2781
3DS friend code = 3969 3933 8945
#20_Shadownite_Posted 7/16/2013 5:29:17 AM
MyNameIsNotJen posted...
DweezleMoonunit posted...
The leaker said some of the info in his leak was false to divert attention away from him and make it look more coincidental, so some unannounced stuff on the leak could still be fake. Here's hoping :)

Really? Yeah, the only things I would like to be false from those leaks are the starters types. Dark, Psychic and Fighting? Please no...
-___-'

Exactly. Fighting, Fighting, and Fighting is the only way to go.