This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Team Flare; crushing all hope for villains in a pokemon game

#21rocknroller365Posted 7/18/2013 9:53:57 AM
Meh. All of the evil organizations (save Cipher, which technically isn't considered part of the main series anyway) have outfits that directly correlate with their name and/or their purpose.

Team Rocket is dressed in mostly black with a simple 'R' to emphasize that they're thugs who are just out for money in power (exceptions being the Executives, but you could argue that they're the 'white collar' criminals).

Team Aqua has a pirate theme going on because they want to expand the seas while Team Magma has a volcano theme because they want to use Groudon to create more land.

Team Galactic's members all looked like weird futuristic space people because Cyrus seeks out the Pokemon that control time, space, and antimatter.

1st incarnation of Team Plasma resembled knights. Presumably, this was to symbolize N's innocent outlook in wanting to save the Pokemon (the gallant knight saves the day). Their second incarnation, in which their front of benevolence has been shattered, is more obviously shady.

So while not all the uniforms are aesthetically pleasing, they serve their purpose.

Team Flare has the flame suit going on and right now we can only guess at their goals. How cool would it be if they turned out to be like the Men in Black? Except you know....orange/red and not the good guys...

elconoM posted...
Am hoping they are one team of (at least) two.

Oh gosh, don't get my hopes up.
#22Sir WillPosted 7/18/2013 10:23:40 AM
Team Aqua has a pirate theme going on because they want to expand the seas while Team Magma has a volcano theme because they want to use Groudon to create more land.

I'm with Mamga on that one.
---
River Song: Well, I was off to this gay gypsy bar mitzvah for the disabled when I thought 'Gosh, the Third Reich's a bit rubbish, I think i'll kill the Fuhrer'
#23AuraWielderPosted 7/18/2013 10:27:56 AM
I don't know... I kinda like them because they remind me a bit of Elite Beat Agents.
---
I am a Christian, and proud of it.
Founder of the deviantArt Noivern Fan Club! http://noivern-fan-club.deviantart.com/
#24FatReuniclusPosted 7/18/2013 10:30:40 AM
X_Ayumi_X posted...
shagohad3 posted...
toink_611 posted...
MyNameIsNotJen posted...
toink_611 posted...
No, team flare's is terrible and worst than Plasma and galactic and aqua.

http://i.imgur.com/ZI98L0o.png?1

Lawl

Ok, let's do a side-by-side comparison...shall we?

Team Galactic
http://i.imgur.com/Z137TTm.png

Team Flare
http://i.imgur.com/guonJzg.jpg

Team Galactic's bobs were sooo 2000 and 6! Get with the program. Plus, they just look weird..
But whatever, it's your opinion.

They "just look weird"? And Flare doesn't? Yes, and my opinion is more accurate. Heh.

Not really. I rather dig team Flare, they got that 80s aura to them. I imagine them being from some 80s cartoon.

You just insulted the 80s. And I take offense to this.

The 80s didn't look as stupid as Flare does.
Worst looking villains in Pokéhistory

Your mom is the worst looking villain in Pokéhistory
---
I wish Reuniclus was my dad...
#25MrMahoPosted 7/18/2013 10:30:40 AM
Honestly, Team Flare is probably the best team outfit so far, in my opinion.
---
Official Miror Admin with Shadow Gardevoir and Shadow Dusclops
#26-Chespear-Posted 7/18/2013 10:34:13 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#27FatReuniclusPosted 7/18/2013 10:35:41 AM
MHCT posted...
I honestly dislike a lot of character designs in X/Y so far.

The protagonists look great, but the rival (?) kids are absolutely horrendous.

Which ones? They all look pretty cool to me! Well....the chubby one is kinda weird but other than that...
---
I wish Reuniclus was my dad...
#28-Chespear-Posted 7/18/2013 10:35:49 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#29Dark_Link92Posted 7/21/2013 6:35:23 AM
I never got why more people don't hate Team Plasma's design. Cyrus was cool, but the grunts SUCK!
---
Pokemon Black- FC: 0003 3185 8262
Monster Hunter Tri, ID:71YAXZ -EU Server!
#30Cheesepower5Posted 7/21/2013 6:42:32 AM
MrMaho posted...
Honestly, Team Flare is probably the best team outfit so far, in my opinion.

This.

Where can I get one?
---
My way is the high way. You'd have to be lactose intolerant to not learn to love it.
Ha! Cheese puns.