This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which parts of Gen I would you consider early installment weirdness?

#1Darth_KamcioPosted 7/16/2013 7:03:33 AM
I think the most obvious one is the pokedex mentioning real-life animals.

But do you have any more of those? Be it universal or just personal.

I'd say the ability to miss with a pokeball needs to be mentioned here.
---
I love dragons!
White FC: 2194 3983 9072
#2jakovuPosted 7/16/2013 7:04:59 AM
The ____ing SPECIAL STAT.
#3FenriLokiPosted 7/16/2013 7:06:07 AM
Lavender Town.

And ghost-type in general. They really got shafted, even if due to a bug.
---
The official Megami Tensei Art Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board. Why? Why not? Because. Maybe. Exactly. My hair is bigger than you.
#4HalfbakedharryPosted 7/16/2013 7:07:55 AM
Lavender town, kangaskhan baby shenanigans, certain safari zone pokemon being near unobtainable.
---
I'll think of a good signature someday.
#5SettaWorldTeethPosted 7/16/2013 7:32:35 AM
Every Cubone is hatched already with it's skull mask and its mother is perfectly fine
Kangaskhan is hatched with a baby in it's pouch
Nidoqueen can't breed but Nidorina can
Dugtrio can use the air balloon
Shellder isn't needed for Slowpoke to evolve even though the Pokedex and anime say it is.
Jynx having her colour changed
---
PSN:Some_randm_freak
#6FenriLokiPosted 7/16/2013 7:33:56 AM
SettaWorldTeeth posted...
Every Cubone is hatched already with it's skull mask and its mother is perfectly fine
Kangaskhan is hatched with a baby in it's pouch
Nidoqueen can't breed but Nidorina can
Dugtrio can use the air balloon
Shellder isn't needed for Slowpoke to evolve even though the Pokedex and anime say it is.
Jynx having her colour changed

Can't tell if troll, or just doesn't get it.
---
The official Megami Tensei Art Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board. Why? Why not? Because. Maybe. Exactly. My hair is bigger than you.
#7iKhanicPosted 7/16/2013 7:34:26 AM
jakovu posted...

Yeah that didn't make sense. Why group an offensive and defensive stat together? If it was too difficult to code, why not just group Special Atk. and Atk together?
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#8jEr3mYPosted 7/16/2013 7:36:26 AM
Halfbakedharry posted...
Lavender town, kangaskhan baby shenanigans, certain safari zone pokemon being near unobtainable.

i actually liked the idea of "rare" pokemon back then..... now rare Pokemon doesn't exist, thanks to breeding and Action Replay....
---
Non-Specific Action Figure has to be in the next Super Smash Bros game. If you agree, send me a message. Number of people who agree: 18 - updated 8 June 2013
#9Darth_Kamcio(Topic Creator)Posted 7/16/2013 8:05:15 AM
jakovu posted...

The only gen where Chansey was an offensive powerhouse :D
---
I love dragons!
White FC: 2194 3983 9072
#10tiomastaPosted 7/16/2013 8:37:43 AM
Limited inventory

The only unlimited supply of money was the E4, so before you finished the game, your money was finite

Grab any psychic-type and spam psychic moves and special-based TMs to win because most things had either a specifically high Special (yours), or a specifically low Special (the others), and only psychic resisted psychic
---
There are three types of people in the world: people that can count, and people that can't.