This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which parts of Gen I would you consider early installment weirdness?

#11RDS1Posted 7/16/2013 9:39:33 AM
"MEW gave birth."
---
Official Bride and Wife of Noire
(of the Fire Emblem Awakening message board)
#12iKhanicPosted 7/16/2013 9:58:41 AM
tiomasta posted...
The only unlimited supply of money was the E4, so before you finished the game, your money was finite

Pay Day was a TM. And that's just resource management
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#13-hotdogturtle--Posted 7/16/2013 10:37:37 AM
i actually liked the idea of "rare" pokemon back then..... now rare Pokemon doesn't exist, thanks to breeding and Action Replay....

Can we please talk about how dumb this post is?
---
Hey man, LlamaGuy did encrypt the passwords.
With what? ROT-13? -CJayC
#14Meta289Posted 7/16/2013 10:41:37 AM
Mostly everything.
---
R.I.P. Pokemon Cycle
Fact: Things are so much better when taken at face value.
#15FuneralCakePosted 7/16/2013 10:42:13 AM
The sprites.
---
THAT'S MISS FUNERAL CAKE TO YOU
love me like it's prom night
#16D_BartPosted 7/16/2013 11:04:21 AM
--> Mew giving birth
--> Cubone
-->Kangaskhan
--> Real animals/places being mentioned
--> Lavender Town
---
Splash
#17TerradriusPosted 7/16/2013 11:08:42 AM(edited)
The special stat, obviously, but for things that other people haven't mentioned, there's the fact that so many pokemon were poison type. Unforgettable HM's were stupid too and were obviously something that would get changed in future editions, but not especially wierd.
---
http://adamgaming.blogspot.com/ - My game review/design blog, which I have finally gotten back to updating. Sporadically.
Jesus saves. PSN: Orethen
#18Meltemi_RafalaPosted 7/16/2013 11:38:10 AM
Species as gender. Specifically, the listing of NidoranF and Nidoran M as separate species, since gender wasn't implemented until Gen2.

No shinies.

D_Bart posted...
--> Real animals/places being mentioned
--> Lavender Town

These two, too. Ah, yes, there's the Silph scope as well. You don't get a lot of ghosts acting like Gen1 ghosts did anymore.
---
All above is completely true and accurate, unless it isn't.
#19javel34Posted 7/16/2013 11:50:15 AM
-hotdogturtle-- posted...
i actually liked the idea of "rare" pokemon back then..... now rare Pokemon doesn't exist, thanks to breeding and Action Replay....

Can we please talk about how dumb this post is?

Haha

I'm pretty sure cheating was actively encouraged in the days of gen1.
---
Black 2 FC: 3569 1730 6208 http://zettai-cosplay.deviantart.com/art/Skyla-Cosplay-244148531 my wife. Doesn't count Tiger, this ones real.
#20ZabuzadonoPosted 7/16/2013 11:56:14 AM
jEr3mY posted...
Halfbakedharry posted...
Lavender town, kangaskhan baby shenanigans, certain safari zone pokemon being near unobtainable.

The best thing I found back then was a way to catch the Safari Zone pokes in regular pokeballs - altering the Missingno trick to catch Scyther, Tauros and Chansey with my Masterballs...

The early installment weirdness I found was any poison type being able to pwn grass/poisons due to them always trying to Poisonpowder your poke
---
Skyrim is the girl who keeps breaking my heart, yet is so hot I still keep coming back on the chance I may get to sleep with her again. - Spurner